Get the Safest Abortion (MTP) in Aurangabad
Abortions/ Termination of pregnancies carried out outside of healthcare facilities and without any medical supervision are considered unsafe abortions. Due to the absence of medical expertise, these abortions have a high risk of complications associated with them. This is the reason why millions of women visit emergency rooms for abortion-related problems. Unsafe abortions are the major contributor to women’s deaths in India.
Therefore, it is extremely important that couples willing to undergo abortions seek proper medical advice for the procedure. Pristyn Care offers the safest and most advanced procedures for pregnancy termination in Aurangabad. The success rate of these procedures is high and has minimal risk of complications associated with them. Get in touch with us to consult the best gynecologists in Aurangabad for safe abortion (MTP).
What Is The Need For Abortion (MTP)?
Medical termination of pregnancy is a safe method for abortions performed only by skilled gynecologists. Many women and couples choose to go through MTP as a personal choice. Women may choose to undergo abortions if the pregnancy is unplanned, unsupported or if the family is unable to bear the financial and other responsibilities associated with bringing a child into the world.
In some cases, women decide to go for abortions if the pregnancy is harmful to their health. This happens if the woman has diabetes, hypertension, obesity, or other medical conditions like ectopic pregnancy (a condition in which the fetus grows inside the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus). Continuing the pregnancy in such cases can have adverse effects on the woman’s reproductive health and can even threaten the woman’s life. Therefore, abortion becomes a necessity in such cases.
Why Is Medically Safe Abortion A Better Option?
According to a WHO report, 45% of abortions in developing countries are not carried out in a medically safe way. As a result, millions of women have to face the repercussions of unsafe procedures and in many cases, the complications pose a great risk to the female’s life.
Some of the common complications associated with unsafe abortions are listed below:
- Excessive uterine bleeding
- Cuts in the cervix
- Perforation of the uterus
- Renal failure (impaired functioning of the kidneys)
- Hepatic failure (damage to the liver and consequently impaired functioning)
- Severe inflammation in the abdomen
To avoid any of these serious complications, it is advisable to consult a qualified medical professional for the abortion procedure. A safe abortion will ensure a healthy life for both the female and the future offspring.
Preparation Before Surgical Abortion
Before a surgical abortion, your OB-GYN evaluates your past health, including the medicines you are taking. Apart from that, the OB-GYN may do the following:-
- Physical exam, including a pelvic exam to evaluate your health, how long you have been pregnant, the location as well as the health of the embryo or fetus.
- An ultrasound to confirm how far along and where the pregnancy is. Your OB-GYN will explain the procedure, possible complications, and when to call your doctor.
- You may also discuss your decision to have an abortion and your feelings about it. You could also discuss your plans for future pregnancies and birth control use.
Follow-up exam after a surgical abortion
A follow-up exam is usually done about 2 weeks after the surgical abortion. The exam may include the following:-
- A blood test to check for anemia
- A physical exam to check the condition of the cervix and the uterus
- A test to check for human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels
Apart from all the above, you may discuss the use of birth control. If birth control measures were started just after the abortion, the proper use of the method could be discussed again.
Also, you can ask all the questions that you have to your OB-GYN if you had an intrauterine device (IUD) inserted at the time of the surgical abortion.
Care After Undergoing Surgical Abortion
After the surgical abortion, the OB-GYN will check your vital signs such as heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure to make sure that everything is normal.
After that, the OB-GYN checks the bleeding is not excessive and uterine contractions are normal. The OB-GYN also checks that the side effects from anesthesia are not causing problems.
The OB-GYN may also prescribe you certain medicines. This may include the following:-
- Antibiotics to prevent infection
- Medicines that cause uterine contractions empty the uterus and reduce bleeding.
- The OB-GYN gives Rh immunoglobulin to all the women who have Rh-negative blood types as it prevents Rh sensitization after abortion.
- Pain medicines for pain and cramping caused by uterine contractions.
- Apart from all that, the OB-GYN may also prescribe certain medicines to treat nausea and vomiting.