The vaginal muscles are elastic in nature. With certain factors like age, childbirth, or other health conditions, your vagina may lose its elasticity and tend to feel “loose” and may be accompanied with other changes such as vaginal dryness, itching, painful sex, urinary leakage, etc. However, certain tips, exercises, and lifestyle changes can bring drastic improvement in your vaginal health and make your sex like sparkling again. Read ahead to learn what you can do to make your vagina tight naturally.
What can you do to tighten your vagina naturally?
Having multiple vaginal deliveries, low estrogen levels in menopause, or other health conditions may make your vagina less tight as it used to be. In the case of vaginal delivery, your vagina may feel very loose after having your baby. But, your vagina will heal and tighten back in the days following. However, your vagina may not be as tight and elastic as it was having your baby.
Following some basic tips and exercises can help you strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and boost your vaginal elasticity.
1. Pelvic floor exercises can tighten your vagina
Pelvic floor exercises are the primary way to keep your pelvic floor muscles strong and healthy. Factors like age, menopause, childbirth, or low estrogen level can bring out a bunch of changes with your vagina. Regularly doing pelvic floor strengthening exercises can eliminate concerns like urinary leakage, vaginal looseness, low-sex drive, etc, most are which are common in females after 40, especially is they have had vaginal deliveries. Below are 3 simple exercises that your sex life will thank you for!
- Kegels: Kegels is an action of engaging and squeezing the pelvic floor muscles and holding for 5–10 seconds and then releasing. Kegels can be done for about 5–10 times in a row, and a few times a day. Once you have mastered the art of Kegels, you can do them any time of the day, at any place, without anyone even knowing about it.
- Vaginal weights: Vaginal weights or vaginal cones are small weights with round ends. These weights can sit inside the vagina, with one end in and one end out. When the weight is inserted into the vagina, the vagina will naturally contract to hold onto it, else, it would fall out. This passive contraction helps in strengthening the pelvic floor muscles, increasing elasticity in the vagina. Vaginal weights or cones can be used for 10-15 minutes a day, up to 4 times a day.
- Core strengthening: Pelvic floor muscles are part of a larger group of muscles known as the core. Keeping your core muscle toned, including your thighs, glutes, and abdomen, might be a positive step towards pelvic floor health.
- Exercises such as yoga, pilates, or squats are also beneficial for strengthening the core along with toning and firming the pelvic floor muscles.
2. Avoid stress
Your mental health always has an impact on your body. Stress is not your good friend. From aging to problems in sex life, stress can have many more impact, including weakened pelvic floor muscles. Keeping your pelvic floor muscles strong is easier when you eliminate unnecessary stress, and stronger are the results. Meditation and yoga can lift your mental well-being while creating a channel that connects your kind, body, and soul. Stay happy so that your body remains happy.
3. Eat healthily
It is crucial to have a healthy diet and stick to it. The right kind of food can keep your vagina healthy, happy and reduce the risk of many vaginal infections.
The first pro tip here is to keep yourself hydrated. Drink enough water all throughout the day. Drink cranberry juice regularly or consult your gynecologist for any cranberry supplements suitable for you. Add probiotics such as yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, miso and tempeh to your diet, and they are proven to be very beneficial for your vaginal health. Probiotics work by maintaining a healthy balance of good and bad bacteria in your vagina. Incorporating green tea in your diet can also reduce the risk of several infections and keep bad vaginal odor at bay.
Cosmetic procedures to tighten the vagina
Vaginal cosmetic procedures have become more popular in females due to their instant, long-lasting and safe results. The cosmetic procedure of laser vaginal tightening can tighten your vaginal muscles through laser energy in under 20 minutes! This laser procedure uses a fractional CO2 laser which tightens up the vagina which has become loose.
Other popular vaginal cosmetic procedures include vaginal rejuvenation ( which beautifies and rejuvenates the vagina), clitoral hood reduction (removes excessive tissue that covers your clitoris), O-shot (collagen injected in the front walls of the vagina, which increases stimulation and gives better orgasms and sensations) and labiaplasty (reconstructs the shape of your labia).
Consult our gynecologists who specialize in cosmetic-gynecology, to boost your vaginal health and sex-life.