Some important things that you should keep in mind while considering or planning for breast reduction are mentioned below-
- The procedure must be done when the breasts are fully developed.
- Piercings can cause infection in the breasts.
- Breast reduction surgery can interfere with some diagnostic procedures, such as X-rays for cancer screening.
- The ability to breastfeed is usually affected by breast reduction surgery. The procedure is likely to affect milk production.
- Keep in mind that changes in breasts due to pregnancy or significant weight loss/gain can impact the outcomes of previous breast reduction surgery.
- Women who smoke on a regular basis have a higher risk of complications. Therefore, the doctor will strictly recommend you quit smoking completely before having the surgery.