Get rid of phimosis with pain-free circumcision in Gwalior
Phimosis is a very common penile problem that affects many men in India. It is the condition when the foreskin gets stuck at one place, over the head of the penis and cannot be moved back to its regular position. This problem is common in young boys but normally should resolve with time. Phimosis in adults is considered a serious problem and may cause discomforting symptoms like pain while urinating and during sex. Mild cases of phimosis can be cured without surgery, with nonsurgical treatments like phimosis stretching exercises, medications, steroids creams for phimosis. But in more serious cases of phimosis infection, non-surgical treatments may not be successful in eradicating phimosis and the doctor may suggest the patient to undergo circumcision surgery to get rid of phimosis. Circumcision also provides permanent prevention for various foreskin problems such as phimosis, paraphimosis, penis inflammation or infections, etc. if you are suffering from recurrent phimosis or balanitis, undergoing circumcision surgery can help you get permanent relief from such discomforting foreskin problems. To undergo a successful and pain-free circumcision procedure in Gwalior, visit your nearest Pristyn Care clinic.
Are steroid creams for phimosis effective?
Steroid creams may help in softening the skin and making it easier to stretch the foreskin. Usually, the doctor will suggest you apply the steroid cream twice a day, for a period of 4 to 8 weeks. However, you will need to use the steroid cream often and for a long period as it may not provide permanent relief.
Typically, after 2 weeks, you should try to start stretching the foreskin at least once a day. You should only start stretching your foreskin after consulting a doctor about it. If the foreskin is too tight, do not forcefully stretch the foreskin as it can cause tears. Studies have shown that steroid creams are somewhat 62% successful. If you do not seem to benefit from steroid creams for phimosis, your doctor may recommend surgery to treat phimosis.
How do Pristyn Care’s doctors perform circumcision in Gwalior ?
Circumcision is the surgical procedure of removing the foreskin of the penis. Circumcision in adults is often performed to treat another medical condition such as phimosis, paraphimosis, recurrent balanitis, lichen sclerosus, etc. Pristyn Care’s surgeons are exceedingly trained in performing circumcision with minimally invasive techniques like laser and ZSR. Laser circumcision is the most advanced circumcision procedure and is carried out under local or general anaesthetic. A laser diode emitting high-intensity laser energy is used to precisely cut the foreskin. The laser allows the surgeon to remove the foreskin without damaging the nearby tissue. As a result, there is negligible blood loss during the procedure and sutures are not needed. The patient is discharged from the hospital the same day after the procedure and can resume his office routine and regular life (except sex and strenuous activities) after a rest of 1 or 2 days.
Are there side-effects or complications after laser circumcision in Gwalior from Pristyn Care?
Side effects or complications are not likely to occur when circumcision is performed with modern, less invasive techniques such as laser circumcision. The modern circumcision techniques are minimally invasive in nature and can cause very less damage or trauma to the nearby tissue, as compared to conventional circumcision technique. Possible complications or side effects after traditional circumcision can include-
- Excessive blood loss
- Wound Infections
- Foreskin cut too long or short
- Scar tissue
- Curving of the penis
- Tightening of the urethra
Such complications are not likely to occur in the case of laser circumcision. Laser circumcision is followed up by a quick and pain-free recovery. You can resume your regular activities and routine after a rest of 1 or 2 days after circumcision. With minimal downtime from a regular lifestyle, you can undergo a safe successful circumcision in less than 30 minutes. Book your appointment with Pristyn Care’s best doctors for laser circumcision in Gwalior.
What are the benefits of undergoing circumcision surgery?
There are many myths and false beliefs regarding circumcision due to which many men avoid circumcision surgery which might be necessary to treat their medical condition. Many men are often worried that circumcision will lead to reduced sensitivity of the penis during sex. However, it is just a myth and several studies have shown that circumcision does not affect sexual drive, sensations or satisfaction. Circumcision also does not reduce or in any way impact the size of the penis, sexual desire, libido or sperm production. However, circumcision can have a big and positive impact on penile hygiene and overall health. An uncircumcised penis needs regular cleaning and care under the foreskin to reduce the risk for urinary tract infections and other infections. Circumcision not only reduces the risk of urinary tract infections but also penile cancer and cervical cancer in female partners. To undergo pain-free and scarless circumcision in under 30 minutes, get in touch with us to book your appointment with our best doctors for circumcision in Gwalior.
How can you schedule your appointment to consult the best doctors for circumcision in Pristyn Care?
To consult our expert doctors for phimosis treatment or to undergo laser circumcision in Gwalior, visit the nearest Pristyn Care clinic. Book your appointment at Pristyn Care, the best clinic for circumcision in Gwalior and consult our finest urologist for urology problems. You can also book an online consultation and consult the doctor from the comfort of your home or office via a video call.
Circumcision in adults
Circumcision is more associated with adults than in infants. Patients who undergo circumcision usually do it for religious or medical reasons. Here is what you can expect during the surgery –
- During the procedure – The anesthesiologists administer anesthesia before the surgery to sedate your surgical site for a painless experience. The procedure can take anywhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the surgical expertise of the urologists and the medical health of the patient. The doctor clips the foreskin away from the tip of the penis and removes the excess skin. The skin is then cauterized or stitched back to the shaft with sutures that eventually dissolve. You can go home on the same day of the surgery if your doctor sees you fit.
- After the surgery – You’re likely to experience swelling and bruising during the initial hours after the surgery. Applying ice to your groin for 10 to 20 minutes after every two hours can help reduce pain after the surgery. It is also important to change your dressing frequently, as suggested by your medical practitioner, to keep your penis clean and prevent infection. Since recovery may take around 2 weeks, depending on the health condition of the patient, you may have to take a week off from work.
Circumcision in children
Circumcision in infants can be performed on the second or third day after the birth. Some people prefer circumcising their children during later stages in life due to social, religious, or medical purposes. It is important to consult a physician regarding your child’s health before their circumcision procedure. If you are considering circumcision for your child, here are some things you should know-
- Preparing your baby for the procedure – First, consult the doctor regarding your baby’s health and all the risks and complications involved during the procedure. In some cases, when the baby is born premature, involving problems related to penile health, etc., parents can delay the procedure. Your medical practitioner will explain all the possible risks and complications related to the surgery, and after you have signed the consent form, the doctor will begin the procedure.
- During the procedure – If the circumcision is done for the newborn, they’ll be awake during the procedure. Once the procedure is done, the doctor will inject an anesthetic near the base of the penis to ease the pain. Doctors may choose to apply cream reliever ointment as an alternative to anesthetic injection. The surgeon inserts clamps or plastic rings to clip off the excess foreskin. The ring that stays on usually falls off a few days after the circumcision. The surgery usually takes around 10 minutes, and you can leave with your baby a few hours after the procedure after consulting the doctor.
- After the procedure – The procedure may make your kid fussy and irritable and so it is not advisable to put pressure on their penis. The tip of the penis may appear red and swollen, along with a yellow crust on the tip as well. This should go away on its own within 7 to 10 days after the procedure. You can gently wash the penis and regularly change the bandages while changing their diapers. You can use lubrication to keep the penis from sticking to the diaper. Changing diapers regularly can help ward off infection.
Benefits of Laser circumcision
Laser circumcision – Laser circumcision is an advanced method used as an alternative for traditional circumcision procedures. This involves the removal of the foreskin of the penis surgically for religious or medical purposes. It involves a laser or a powerful light beam to remove the foreskin around the tip of the penis. Surgeons with laser circumcision are able to achieve high precision, making it a more preferred surgical method today. Laser circumcision involves faster recovery and fewer chances of complications.
Benefits of laser circumcision include the following-
- Reduced risk of infection
- Minimal scars
- Almost no side effects
- Faster recovery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Minimal blood loss
- Painless procedure
- Higher success rate