Most often a gentle inspection of the anal region is required to see the cut or tear. On the basis of location of the Fissure, its cause can be identified. Colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and anoscopy may be recommended for further test.
- The laser is used to perform internal sphincterotomy. In this technique, laser energy radial emitting user probe is inserted into the fistulous tract which destroys fistula epithelium and obliterates the rest of the fistula channel/ tract. This procedure is almost bloodless and the surgeon has good control over the operation site. Additionally, the chronic fibrosed scar is debrided with the laser. This prevents any long term discomfort and enables a quicker recovery. Laser techniques is preferred over the open surgery for Anal Fistula due to following reasons:- Fastest relief and recovery
- Quick and Painless Treatment
- Resume normal activities within 24 hours
- No diet restrictions
- No repeated Doctor visits
- No Daily Dressings
- Can be done in all age groups with less risk involved