Lifestyle tips to cure Anorectal problems!
The anal fistula is highly affected by lifestyle and diet of an individual. Thus, it becomes important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and having a balanced diet to avoid the recurrence and faster healing of anal-rectal fistula.
Lifestyle tips for anorectal fistula:
- Constipation. Avoid food causing indigestion and constipation.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of water every day. Water helps flush out toxins from your body making it free from harmful radicals.
- Have high-fiber food. Eating foods rich in fiber helps in the formation of stool in the intestine and their expulsion from the body. Fruits and vegetables are rich in healthy fibers. Water and fibrous food help in the cleansing colon and keep constipation at bay. To help you with some fiber-rich food items, we have listed the eatables as follows: -
Brown bread, brown rice, wheat, barley, oats, cereals, peas and beans, seeds and nuts, vegetables (such as; broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, carrot, radish, tomato), fruits (such as; apple, orange, papaya, banana, pear)
- Avoid spicy food as it may aggravate the symptoms of pain and bleeding.
- Have small and frequent meals. Avoid heavy meals at a time and break your meals into 4-5 servings a day. This will help intestine to digest the food completely.
- Excessive cleansing. Avoid cleansing the anal region more than required to prevent itching and irritation. Use mild cleansers for this purpose.
- Sitz bath. It is an effective remedy and all patients with anal fistula should follow routine sitz bath. Under this procedure, the patient is required to sit by immersing his or her buttocks in warm water for 30 minutes. Salt and some analgesic oils may also be added.
- Use cushions to that will reduce the pressure on blood vessels of the anus region.
- Avoid alcohol as it makes the body dehydrated.
- Do not delay the bowel movement as it may weaken the natural signal over time and make it harder to pass.
In addition to this, practicing healthy bowel habits may help you put less strain on the anal region. Note the following habits that one should follow:
- Avoid straining while passing stool.
- Keep the anal region dry and clean after every bowel movement.
- Use soft and anti-deo toilet papers.
- In case of diarrhea, get it treated immediately.
- Take treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.
If all these lifestyle changes and habits don’t comfort you, go and visit the doctor without any hesitation. The doctor may prescribe fiber supplements (laxatives) to increase your stool by allowing them to absorb and hold fluids.
Pristyn Care Laser Clinic, 50 SP, Sector 45, Block C, Uday Nagar, Sector 45, Gurugram, Haryana 122003
Pristyn Care Laser Clinic, Care4U E 220, Block E, East of Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110065
Gurgaon: Golf Course Road, Shan Road, MG Road, Cyber Hub, DLF, Sushant Lok, Palam Colony, Sikanderpur, Sector- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 46, 47, 48, 38
South Delhi: Hauz Khas, Green Park, Jor Bagh, South Ex., Saket, Malviya Nagar, GK.
East Delhi: Mayur Vihar, Laxmi Nagar, Padpad Ganj, Preet Vihar, Akshardham, Vaishali, Kaushambi, Vasundhra, Indirapuram, Geeta Colony, Shahdra, Shastru Nagar, Ghaziabad, Dilshad Garden
West Delhi: Pitampura, Shalimar bagh, Paschim Vihar, Rajouri garden, Moti Nagar, Kirti Nagar, Ramesh Nagar, Inderlok, Rohini, Punjabi Bagh, Subhash Nagar, Mayapuri, Tilak Nagar, Hari Nagar, Wazirpur, Karol Bagh, patel Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Civil Lines, GTB Nagar, Dwarka, Vasant Kunj, Uttam Nagar, Janakpuri, Najafgarh.
Noida: Sectors 15,18, 16, 21, 22, 26, 30, 31-37, 51-55, 70-73, 100, Arun Vihar, Niti Khand, Kaushambi,Vasundhar Enclave.
Copyright © 2018 pristyncare.com