Most Advanced Septoplasty Surgery for Breathing Problems in Madurai
Septoplasty is a modern treatment, an advanced technique to reduce the size of the septum, treat crooked, bent, or deformed nasal septum that blocks the airway in the nose. The treatment is available at Pristyn Care clinic. The most common reason to undergo septoplasty in Madurai is a deviated septum. But, it also heals several nose infections, helps smooth nasal flow, nose bleeds, and sinus. Besides, the need for septoplasty has risen as people misdiagnose sinus for cold. You can consult with the best ENT Specialists in Madurai if you are facing any problem or condition related to the nose or nasal passage.
At Pristyn Care, you can easily schedule an appointment with the best ENT doctor in Madurai for you. Anyone can suffer from the issue of the nose. As there are a high number of cases, the need for quality treatment is high as well. There are many cases in patients as they don’t even know the real problem until they are diagnosed by an ENT doctor in Madurai. You should go to treatment as soon as possible. If you delay the treatment, then it will cause long term effects for the patient. You can go to the Pristyn Care clinic in Madurai for the best treatment for the problem in your nose. The clinics present you with all the solutions and the treatment is also done with much ease.
Visit Pristyn Care ENT Clinic in Madurai for best Septoplasty treatment
People who are either residents or live in Madurai for business, breathe polluted air every day. If you feel that you have similar problems, or feel an obstruction in the nasal passage, make an appointment with the best ENT doctors in Madurai. We take care of & heal our patients with the most advanced technological procedures and high-precision equipment. The treatments provided at Pristyn Care clinic in Madurai are minimally invasive. Visit Pristyn Care now for a seamless surgical experience.
What happens during septoplasty operation?
The reconstruction of the deviated nasal septum may take 40-60 minutes. This is the average duration of the septoplasty procedure which may differ depending on the various factors. The whole surgical procedure may take less than two hours. There are the following things that you can expect during the septoplasty procedure:
- A loose garment is given to wear before the septoplasty operation, which will be easy to change post-surgery
- . The anesthetist will give local or general anesthesia depending on the type of technique used for the septoplasty procedure.
- You will get unconscious within a few minutes under the effect of anesthesia. The doctor will perform septoplasty while making incisions to access the nasal septum to correct the deviation.
- The doctor will alter the bone and cartilage to straighten the deviated nasal septum.
- After straightening the nasal septum, the doctor will close the incisions with absorbable sutures.
- The doctor will put nasal packing in the nostrils to absorb bleeding and nasal fluids.
Post-Septoplasty Operation Care
Septoplasty surgery could take 2-3 weeks to recover. In addition, you may notice swelling, bruise, or redness post-surgical procedure, which may subside with the medication prescribed by your ENT doctor, and you can resume your daily routine within 3-4 days. However, the complete recovery may take 1-2 months with significant results.
There are some tips to follow which may help you heal faster and have a smoother recovery duration:
- Use extra pillows while sleeping to elevate your head.
- Do not blow your nose, as it can put excessive pressure on the surgical region.
- Try avoiding sneezing with your mouth closed.
- Always clean the surgical site with a washcloth without putting any pressure to avoid infection.
- Eat protein-rich food items to promote the healing process.
- Avoid eating solid food as much as you can for at least a week post-surgery to eliminate the possibility of any risk and complication.
- Try and enhance your meals with fiber-rich foods to avoid constipation.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids.
Are there any non-surgical methods to fix a deviated nasal septum?
The non-surgical treatments mostly manage the symptoms but may not fix the actual condition of deviated septum. Therefore, medication can not straighten the shape of the nasal septum. However, a few of the options your doctor can prescribe to get relief from symptoms:
- Antihistamines- This medicine is advised to prevent allergy symptoms and inflammation in the insides of the nostrils caused due to a deviated septum. The most common symptoms antihistamines help are a runny nose, sneezing, or itching in the nose.
- Nasal steroid sprays- The doctor can prescribe nasal steroid spray to manage inflammation that occurs on the tissue lining in the insides of the nostrils because of dryness. It is advised not to take such nasal sprays from over the counter. Always consult the doctor while using nasal steroid sprays as the course may take 2-3 weeks.
- Decongestants- The obstruction caused due to nasal septum deviation can be managed by using decongestants nasal sprays to minimize the swelling. Using decongestants can improve the nasal airflow while removing the congestion. However, overuse of decongestants can make the condition worse in due course and could increase dependency.
Are there any potential risks and complications involved in septoplasty surgery?
Like any other surgeries in septoplasty as well, there are fewer chances of potential risks which may occur post-surgery:
- Bleeding- Because of the surgery, you may notice bleeding from the nose mixed with mucous. In a few cases, the nose may bleed for 2-3 days. However, the doctor always puts the nasal packing to absorb fluid that drains from the nose.
- Infection- At times, because of the nasal fluid that flows post-surgery, the patient gets exposed to infections and may need to visit a doctor to show the surgical site.
- Perforation in septum- In rare cases, the patient may suffer from a tear or hole in the nasal septum because of sutures made during the surgical procedure.
- Reduced sense of smell- You may experience discomfort while breathing, which can also affect your sense of smell during recovery duration. This usually gets better in due course once the patient is completely recovered.
- Blood clots- You may experience blood clots post-surgery. The doctor may advise draining them in the next visit after removing the nasal packing.