Diagnostic tests for adenoiditis treatment in Patna
Diagnosis and treatment for adenoiditis are provided by an otolaryngologist or ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) doctor. An ENT specialist is a medical professional who specializes in treating infections, diseases, and conditions of the ear, nose, and throat.
If you are exhibiting the symptoms of adenoiditis, your doctor will perform the following diagnostic tests for you:
- Physical examination and medical history: to determine the exact location of the infection along with any family or medical history that makes the patient more susceptible to throat infections such as adenoiditis.
- Throat swabs: to examine the sample of bacteria/virus collected from the throat and determine the disease-causing pathogen.
- Blood culture: It helps determine the extent of the infection by showing whether the pathogen is present in blood as well.
- X-rays: X-rays help in determining the size of the adenoid glands, as well as the extent of the infection and inflammation present.
- Endoscopy: In endoscopy, a camera/endoscope is inserted in the throat to visualize the throat area to determine the extent and severity of the condition.
Adenoidectomy surgery in Patna
An adenoidectomy is a relatively straightforward surgical treatment, in which the surgeon removes the adenoid glands completely under either general or local anesthesia. During the surgery, the surgeon will keep the mouth open using a retractor. There are several surgical techniques that can be used to remove the adenoids. However, most commonly, adenoids are either cauterized or removed via small incisions. After that, the incisions are sealed off using a heating device (electrocauterization). Once the surgery is completed, the patient is moved to the recovery ward. In severe cases, the patient may need to be hospitalized for some time, but in most cases, the procedure is performed outpatient.
If you are looking for adenoidectomy treatment in Patna, Pristyn Care is the best option for you. With Pristyn Care, you can book an appointment with the best ENT specialists for adenoidectomy treatment near you.