1. Drink plenty of water, at least 12-14 glasses/day.
2. Include liquids like double toned or skimmed milk, buttermilk, light tea/coffee, lemon water, coconut water and soups in your diet with less sugar and salt added
3. Consume a rich fiber diet:
|Food Groups||Good Choice||Bad Choice|
|Cereals||Whole grains: Dali ,Oats, Corn, Whole wheat flour, Bran, Brown rice||Refined grains: Miada,Polished rice, Sooji|
|Pules||All Whole (sabut) and washed (dhuli) pulses/dals||Avoid too much of oily gravy or tadka|
|Vegetable||All green leafy vegetables preferably in the form of salad with all your meals.||Starchy vegetables: Aloo, arbi, Yam, sweet potato, Tapioca|
|Fruits||All Whole fruits with the peels on at least 3-4/day such as apple ,guava ,orange, pear, anar ,peach, papaya etc.||Consume fruits like banana, litchi, Chickoo, grapes, mango moderately. Avoid fruit juices|
|Nuts||Almonds and walnuts||Avoid :Cashew nuts and peanuts|
4. Non-veg: Prefer Fish or chicken, avoid: Red Meat. Egg: Avoid yolk: prefer the white of the egg.
5. Sugars: 1-2 tsp /day is preferred. Avoid mithais, chocolates, pastries, confectionaries, ice-creams etc
6. Oils: 2-3 tsp/day is preferred. Use healthy oils like soybean ,rapeseed, canola, rice bran, mustard or olive oil for cooking, Avoid :Full cream milk, Butter, ghee ,paneer, cheese, mayonnaise, creams, deep-fried foods as poories, samosa, patty, chips etc.
7. Walk briskly everyday for at least 30 min or any other physical activity.
8. Avoid canned and ready to eat foods and preserved foods.