What is Laser Surgery and Its Benefits
What is a laser?
A laser is known as Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. A device is being used to produce highly concentrated light rays. The laser power may range from milliWatts to dozens of Watts and over trillions of Watts.
What is laser surgery?
The laser beam is being used to make bloodless cuts in tissue or remove a surface lesion such as a skin tumor. Different types of lasers are being used to produce emitted light wavelengths and power ranges to clot, cut or vaporize the tissue. The interaction of laser light with tissue brings a different approach to surgery. In laser surgery, a highly focused laser beam efficiently ablates the tissue. It seals capillaries, lymphatics, small blood vessels, and nerve endings. It benefits both patients and surgeons.
What are the benefits of laser surgery?
- Less Bleeding: As it cuts, the laser seals small blood vessels and the drastic reduction in bleeding enables a number of new surgical procedures which is not practical with a conventional scalpel.
- Less Pain: The CO2 laser beam seals nerve endings and lymphatics which results from less edema and pain. The patient does not feel any kind of a troublesome pain in laser surgery as it is not painful and the patient feels quite comfortable during post-operative recovery.
- Reduced risk of infection: This is one of the unique features of the CO2 laser beam. It kills the bacteria and also produces a sterilizing effect.
- Quicker recovery time: It reduces the risk of infection, less pain, less bleeding and less swelling. It often allows the patient a far quicker recovery after the surgery.
Laser surgery benefits for surgeons
- Unique surgical capabilities: The laser surgery improves the surgical procedures in many ways. It simply makes the surgery simpler and reduces the number of risks. It also enables surgeons to go through surgeries that are not practical with conventional methods.
Enhanced visibility of the surgical field: The laser light seals capillaries and small blood vessels as it cuts. It reduces the bleeding and brings much clearer and drier surgeries.
- Increased precision and control: The focal spot size of the beam can be adjusted to a small fraction of a millimeter or expanded for a much wider coverage. The laser power may be set for rapid removal of relatively large tissue amounts or only one cell at the time.
- Reduction of surgery time: The hemostatic effect of the laser beam improves the visibility of the surgical field and also reduces the duration of surgery.
There are a number of hospitals that are using laser surgeries in comparison to the traditional one. Though traditional surgeries are also being used in many of the treatments, the benefits that last with laser surgery is quite good and it not only reduces the efforts but also provide painless and bloodless surgeries, so patients also like to avail Laser treatments. The surgery not only takes less time, but it also ensures easy and speedy recovery to patients, so patients who are looking for any kind of surgery, firstly look for its laser option and later decide which one will be best in your case. There are a number of reputed laser surgeons are available in Gurgaon who are providing best of the treatments to their patients.
Gurgaon: Golf Course Road, Shan Road, MG Road, Cyber Hub, DLF, Sushant Lok, Palam Colony, Sikanderpur, Sector- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 46, 47, 48, 38
South Delhi: Hauz Khas, Green Park, Jor Bagh, South Ex., Saket, Malviya Nagar, GK.
East Delhi: Mayur Vihar, Laxmi Nagar, Padpad Ganj, Preet Vihar, Akshardham, Vaishali, Kaushambi, Vasundhra, Indirapuram, Geeta Colony, Shahdra, Shastru Nagar, Ghaziabad, Dilshad Garden
West Delhi: Pitampura, Shalimar bagh, Paschim Vihar, Rajouri garden, Moti Nagar, Kirti Nagar, Ramesh Nagar, Inderlok, Rohini, Punjabi Bagh, Subhash Nagar, Mayapuri, Tilak Nagar, Hari Nagar, Wazirpur, Karol Bagh, patel Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Civil Lines, GTB Nagar, Dwarka, Vasant Kunj, Uttam Nagar, Janakpuri, Najafgarh.
Noida: Sectors 15,18, 16, 21, 22, 26, 30, 31-37, 51-55, 70-73, 100, Arun Vihar, Niti Khand, Kaushambi,Vasundhar Enclave, Ghaziabad.
Punjab and Haryana,Rajisthan: Rewari, Rohtak, Bhiwadi, Sohna, Manesar, Karnal, Bhiwani, Sonipat, Panipat, Jind, Chandigarh, Jaipur