1. Where can I register for the COVID-19 vaccination?
You can register for Covid-19 vaccination from the official Cowin website (https://www.cowin.gov.in), Aarogya Setu app, Umang app, Digilocker app, and Pristyn Care’s app and official portal.
2. Which age groups can register for covid vaccination?
All citizens aged 18 years and above can register for covid vaccination.
3. Is online registration mandatory for Covid-19 vaccination slot booking?
No, vaccination centres provide for a limited number of on-spot registration slots every day. Beneficiaries can register online or walk in to vaccination centres where the vaccination team staff can register a beneficiary. In general, all beneficiaries are recommended to register online and schedule vaccination in advance for a hassle-free vaccination experience.
4. What documents are needed for vaccine registration at CoWIN?
Any of the below-mentioned ID with Photo may be produced at the time of registration:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Job Card
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
- PAN Card
- Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office
- Pension Document
- Service Identity Card issued to employees by Central/ State Govt./ Public Limited Companies
- Voter ID
- People with comorbidities will have to carry the certificate of comorbidities, in the format shared here by a registered medical practitioner./li>
5. How do I know that my appointment is successfully booked?
Once an appointment is successfully done, the system sends an SMS confirmation to the registered mobile number and also generates and displays the appointment slip. Also, on the dashboard, the “Schedule” tab changes to “Reschedule” and the appointment details are displayed. A tab for cancellation is also displayed after the appointment has been scheduled.
6. If I cannot pre-register myself or book a vaccine slot online, how do I register on the spot and get vaccinated?
Those who cannot get themselves registered online can contact their local Government health workers, who will help the beneficiaries to the Government CVC for on-the-spot registration, appointment, verification and vaccination on the same day. Please ask your nearest Government health care worker to guide you about the nearest Government CVC where COVID vaccination will be available and the days of the week when this will be available. You need to carry your mobile phone and a photo identification document to get yourself vaccinated. The workers in the Government CVC will help you to register on the spot, get an appointment and get vaccinated on the same day. This option is available for people above the age of 45 only.
7. Do I have an option for the cancellation of an appointment?
Yes, you can cancel an appointment already scheduled. You can also reschedule an appointment and choose another date or time slot at your convenience.
8. When can I book the third dose of the Covid-19 vaccine?
The Health Ministry has specified that the gap between the second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine and the third should be at least nine months.
9. How to book vaccination slots if one citizen is aged 45 or above and the other is aged 18 or above?
If one beneficiary is aged 45 or above and the other beneficiary is aged 18 to 44 years and both want to schedule a combined appointment, then only private paid vaccination centres or vaccination centres as per the state's policy will be made available. However, it may happen that some hospitals which are catering to people with 45 years or more may not allow booking of appointments for people of lesser age. In that case, you may make the bookings one by one.
10. Will the slot for my 2nd dose be automatically scheduled?
No. You have to make an appointment for the 2nd dose vaccination.
11. How many people can be registered in the Co-WIN portal through one mobile number?
Up to 6 people can be registered for vaccination using the same mobile number.
12. Is there any registration charge to be paid?
No, there is no registration charge.
13. What are vaccination schedules?
Vaccination sessions timetables for various vaccination centres offering services are published by the district administrators and vaccination site managers, from time to time. Co-WIN offers vaccination services "Anytime" and "Anywhere" subject to the eligibility of the beneficiary. All published vaccination sessions are visible to beneficiaries on the Co-WIN system, for availing online appointments for vaccination services, as per their choice and convenience.
14. What to do if slots are not available in my preferred vaccination centre on my preferred date?
In case of non-availability of slots for scheduling appointments for vaccination in the vaccination centre of your choice, you may try scheduling appointments in other nearby centres or on some other dates for your preferred centre. The portal gives you the feature of searching vaccination centres using your PIN-code and District.
15. What is the 4-digit secret code on the Account Details page of the self-registration portal on Co-WIN?
At the time of vaccination, you may be asked for the 4-digit secret code. This is to ensure that the rightful beneficiary receives the vaccine dosage and there is no misuse. The secret code is also printed in the appointment slip.
1. What is Covid Vaccine Slot Finder?
Covid Vaccine Slot Finder is a platform where individuals can find their nearest vaccination centres and book their vaccine slots as per their preference. Individuals can find the nearest vaccine centres either by searching by PIN code or by District. They can also check the availability of Covishield, Covaxin or Sputnik V vaccine before booking their slots.
2. Is Aadhar Card mandatory for registration at CoWIN slot booking?
Aadhaar Card is not mandatory for registration at CoWIN slot for for covid vaccination. Individuals who cannot provide their Aadhaar card number can opt to provide beneficiary details as per any other government IDs.
3. Is a photo ID required for online covid vaccine slot booking?
Yes, a photo ID is a must for both registration and verification of the beneficiary at the session site to ensure that the intended person is vaccinated. The Photo ID produced at the time of registration must be produced and verified at the time of vaccination. The Photo ID produced at the time of registration must be produced and verified at the time of vaccination.
4. How do I book a slot online?
The available number of slots in a session are displayed on the screen for each of the sessions. If all slots are booked then instead of the number of slots, the text “Booked” is displayed. Once you have located the vaccination session of your choice, you can book a slot online by clicking the “No. of slots”, for any session that is not marked as “Booked”. Yes, it is as simple as that.
5. How To Get Notification For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot?
There are a number of websites that provide users with slot details for the vaccines through their emails. But getting the slots after checking the mail and going back to book it might not be an efficient thing to do. There are several covid vaccine bots/ online platforms that have been released on the internet for users to utilize these things. One such platform is Telegram. Otherwise, if you just want to check the availability of vaccine slots, you can do it through the official Cowin slot booking website, Aarogya Setu app, Umang app, Digilocker app, and Pristyn Care’s app and official portal.
1. Where will I receive confirmation of the date and time of vaccination?
Once your appointment is confirmed, you will receive the details of the vaccination centre, date, and time slot chosen for appointment in an SMS sent to your registered mobile number. You can also download the appointment slip and print it or keep it in your smartphone.
2. Which vaccines are available while booking slots online?
If you are aged 18 or more (birth year 2004 or earlier), you can choose Covaxin, Covishield or Sputnik V. If you are 15-18 years old (birth year 2005, 2006 or 2007), currently you are eligible only for Covaxin and the system will show you only Covaxin administering CVCs while booking an appointment for vaccination.
3. What is the time gap between two covid vaccine doses?
In the case of COVAXIN, the 2nd dose should be administered in the interval of 4 to 6 weeks from the date of 1st dose administration. For COVISHIELD, the recommended interval is 4 to 8 weeks while an interval of 6 to 8 weeks gives high protection. You may choose the date of 2nd dose vaccination at your convenience.
4. How can I find the nearest vaccination Centre?
To find your nearest vaccination centre, you can visit the official Cowin website, Aarogya Setu app, Umang app, Digilocker app, or Pristyn Care’s app and official website. You can log in with your registered mobile number or Aadhaar number to view the list of nearest vaccination centres either searching by the PIN or your state and district.
5. Can I reschedule my appointment if I missed my vaccine dose?
Due to any reason, if you think you'd miss the vaccine appointment, then you can reschedule the appointment and choose another date or time slot of your convenience. However, if you are unable to reschedule your appointment or something more important came up last minute, you can always try to reschedule or book your vaccine slot afterwards, as per the FAQ guidelines on the Aarogya Setu app. Nevertheless, make sure you don't miss your second dose of the COVID vaccine.
However, according to the Ministry of Health of India, if you miss doses according to your schedule, the vaccine cannot function as well as it should. It is important for any vaccine to function properly if it's provided within the timeframe specified on the factsheet.
6. What is the eligibility criteria for precautionary dose?
People above 60 years of age with comorbidities are eligible for the precautionary dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, also known as the Booster Dose. However, they must consult with their physicians before taking the jab.
7. What vaccine will I receive in my third dose? Can I choose my vaccine?
The third dose will be the same vaccine the people have received for their first and second doses. This means that those who received the first two doses of Covaxin will get the same and those who got Covishield will get it as the third dose too. There will be no mix and match of vaccines.
8. Who are eligible for Precaution dose?
The following types of beneficiaries who are fully vaccinated (with 2 doses) and have completed 9 months (39 weeks) after the 2nd dose, as per the records available on Co-WIN, are eligible to take precaution dose.
- Health Care Workers (HCW)
- Frontline Workers (FLW)
- Citizens aged 60 years and more (with co-morbidity on medical advice) (birth year 1962 or earlier as recorded on Co-WIN).
9. How can I book my Precaution dose?
You can book your precaution dose either through an online appointment or on-site/walk-in appointment at the vaccination centre based on the availability of vaccination slots. If you are eligible for a precaution dose, the due date of the same would be visible in your Co-WIN account and you can also able to schedule an appointment. When you click on the “Schedule Precaution Dose” button, only the slots available for precaution dose will be displayed in the vaccination schedule. The schedule will be displayed only for dates on or after the date on which you become eligible. You can book the appointment by clicking on “No. of slots” and thereafter following the steps.
10. Where can I get a Precaution dose?
You can get a Precaution dose at any Government or Private vaccination centre as per your preference, subject to availability of vaccination slots for same.
11. Will vaccinated beneficiaries receive information on the status of their vaccination after completion?