Carom seeds water or Ajwain water is a very common home remedy for stomach problems in India such as acidity, irregular menses, menstrual pain, diarrhea, weight loss and also tooth pain, lactation and flu. It is also known as Bishop’s weed. With a lot of stomach problems in India, this is an excellent remedy for those who suffer from digestive problems.
With lots of benefits, we will discuss how Ajwain water will help in weight loss. Shedding extra kilos can be a challenge because there is no magic wand that can help you lose weight overnight.
It is said that Ajwain contains an essential oil called thymol which promotes weight loss and boosts your metabolism, improves digestion and cures acidity. It has laxative properties that clear your stomach and keeps your digestive system healthy. All of these factors help in quick and easy weight loss. Therefore, to know various benefits of ajwain water for weight loss, let us go through the ways to prepare it.
How to make Ajwain water?
Now, as we know that it has various benefits, let us see how to make Ajwain water for weight loss. There are two ways to make it
- Take one teaspoonful of carom seeds and soak it in a glass full of water overnight.
- Strain the carom seed water and drink it every day in the morning.
- Make sure you drink it on an empty stomach.
- Drink it for 15 – 20 days for effective results.
Some people also add honey to this drink to enhance its flavor and increase their benefits. A lot of people make this a routine, stay fit and increase metabolism. It is believed that it helps shed 4-5 kilos a month if taken on an empty stomach.
- Take a tablespoon of Ajwain in a pan.
- Roast them till they turn dark brown and give aroma.
- Put 500 ml of water to boil in another pan.
- Add roasted carom seeds to this boiling water and let it boil till the water turns golden brown.
- Allow the water to cool and strain it.
Some people prefer drinking it throughout the day for maximum benefits (not more than two glasses). Therefore, they fill it in a bottle and keep sipping all day.
Ajwain water for weight loss after pregnancy
Reasons, why most of the women give a second thought to pregnancy, is their weight after delivery. It is believed that women gain a lot of weight postpartum. If you are a new mother too, your recovery is assured by healthy eating. One of the many ingredients is carom seeds or Ajwain. Here is the way how a new mother can make the most out of it:
- It is a very common healthy remedy for weight loss in combination with exercise and a healthy diet. You can reduce those extra kilos that you gained during pregnancy.
- There are digestive problems after pregnancy. Consuming lukewarm Ajwain water helps combat constipation and diarrhea improving the digestive functions.
- It helps improve breast milk production in lactating mothers.
Different combinations with Ajwain to burn fat
India is a land of spices. If you do not like the taste of Ajwain water, there are different combinations with similar benefits that you can consume.
Ajwain and saunf water
Saunf or fennel seeds are also considered to be good for weight loss and improving digestion. It helps you keep full and avoid those hunger twitches. Planning to get slim and fit? Try Ajwain saunf water to reduce extra belly fat.
How to make it?
- Dry roast fennel seeds and carom seeds separately till their color changes. (100 gm each)
- Let them cool and grind it together to form a mixture.
- Fill this mixture in a jar.
Now put this ½ tablespoon mixture in a glass of lukewarm water every day in the morning on an empty stomach to lose weight.
Ajwain jeera water
Cumin seeds contain high levels of antioxidants at help flush out harmful toxins from the body, therefore, reducing obesity. This further prevents the accumulation of fat in the body. Jeera or cumin seeds are good for the digestive system and helps in the absorption of cholesterol in the body. Ajwain and jeera water can do wonders to you when consumed regularly.
How to make it?
- Dry roast jeera and Ajwain separately till the color changes.
- Let them cool and grind them together to form a mixture.
- Store this mixture in a jar for future use.
Put 1 tablespoon of this mixture to lukewarm water and drink every day at night before going to bed. This is another good option for weight loss.
Chewing a spoonful of raw ajwain first thing in the morning can release digestive juices which can make digestion better. This can help you lose one to two kilos in a month if you follow strictly. Make sure you keep one hour gap before you eat your breakfast.
Also Read: 9 Simple Tips Lose Weight In Just 30 Days
Other benefits of ajwain water
- If there is chronic flautance, ajwain water can help in the condition.
- It is very important to have a smoothe digestive system for effective weight loss. Hence, the chances of unwanted weight gain are very less.
- Well, we all know that to prepare Indian dishes such as parathas, pakodas, etc. we use ajwain. It helps release gastric juices in the stomach thereby accelerating the process of digestion.
- Sometimes there is burning sensation in stomach and throat. The combination of ajwain or carom seeds and fennels seeds post-meal can alleviate the symptoms.
- For common cold and cough, a glass of ajwain water with tulsi (Kadha) can prove to be really effective.
- Ajwain water helps in treating intestinal pain that occurs due to indigestion.
- Arthritis or joint pains can be treated to a great extent with carom seeds’ oil.
How many calories does a cup of ajwain water contain?
You should not be surprised to know that ajwain water contains zero calories being the weight loss home remedy. It is good for diabetics and heart pateints along with weight loss. Above all, even healthy and fit people can drink ajwain water as it is good for overall digestion. It boosts metabolism too.
Side-effects of excess Ajwain water
Excess of anything is bad. This goes for Ajwain water too. Consuming one glass of Ajwain water is enough for effective results in weight loss. It is always good to keep these Ajwain mixtures at dry and cool places for best use. There could be side-effects such as:
- Excessive menstrual bleeding if consumed in a large amount.
- Sometimes it may cause skin irritation.
- It may also give a mild headache.
- If taken for a long time, it may lead to nausea and vomiting
Ajwain water aids weight loss for children, adults, and even women after pregnancy. Above all not just weight loss, there are several advantages of consuming Ajwain water such as food absorption, proper digestion and improving metabolism and even helps in treating gas, bloating and flatulence.
Sometimes, doctors suggest bariatric surgery for weight loss due to obesity-related health issues to a lot of overweight people. Reducing those extra kilos is not easy for some people and may take time.
Obesity brings with it a lot many problems which may be life-threatening. No doubt Ajwain water is beneficial, but it is always good to consult your doctor or dietician before making such changes to your lifestyle. Therefore, get in touch with a doctor to know what can be the best way to lose weight for you.
Also Read: Beginner’s guide to Keto diet
Disclaimer: Tips mentioned in the blog are for information purposes only and should not be considered as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.