Colon Hydrotherapy can help to improve the body’s complete health and wellness, and may also reduce the risks of getting Colon Cancer. Colon Hydrotherapy is the process of gentle infusion of gravity-fed and purified water, at a controlled temperature to the colon through a disposable tube, which is thinner than a pencil, into the rectum. The slow flow of water helps to loosen up and soften the fecal matter and waste which has been built upon the walls of the colon, which stimulates natural muscular contraction and then releases the stored waste from the colon.
What is Colon Hydrotherapy?
Colon Hydrotherapy is a natural treatment, the benefits of which can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from all aspects of life. It may seem a little difficult at first, but the more the person learns about the treatment and realizes its benefits, the more he can see that it is a healthy and natural way with many benefits, to take care of the health. Natural colon cleansers help improve digestive system and overall health.
7 Ways to naturally cleanse the colon at home
There are various ways to cleanse and detoxify the colon. Simple things can be done to boost and cleanse the colon naturally at home. Below are mentioned the natural colon cleanses which can be done safely, without the risk of side effects.
- Water flush- Drinking sufficient water and keeping the body hydrated is the best and simplest way to regulate digestion. A person can do a water flush for colon cleansing by simply drinking six to eight glasses of lukewarm water each day. Also, eating plenty of foods high in water content can promote colon detox. Fresh fruits and vegetables like watermelons, tomatoes, lettuce, and celery can help cleanse the colon naturally.
- Saltwater flush- Saltwater flush is also a good option for natural colon detox. This is recommended especially for people having constipation and irregular bowel cycles. To do this cleanse, before having breakfast in the morning, mix 2 tablespoons of salt with lukewarm water. It is recommended to use sea salt or Himalayan salt for this procedure. Drink that lukewarm water quickly with an empty stomach. After that, in a few minutes, you will probably feel an urge to urinate. Repeat the same in the morning and in the evening, and make sure that you stay near the bathroom for a while after drinking that. The person may need to go to the bathroom multiple times after drinking the detox water.
- High-fiber diet- Fiber is an essential nutrient for the body, yet it is often overlooked in the diet. Fiber is found in healthy plant foods like fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds, etc. Plants accommodate cellulose and fibers which helps to bulk up the excess matter in the colon. They also help get rid of constipation and irregular bowels, along with boosting the helpful bacteria as a prebiotic. Just make sure to eat a lot of high-fiber rich foods, which will benefit to get a healthy colon. They are also good for gut bacteria as well.
- Juices and smoothies- Juices are popular as natural detox and cleansers. There are sufficient researches to prove their benefits and impacts for the colon and overall health. Even moderate consumption of juices can be good for the health and help detox the body. Juice blends are rich in some fiber and nutrients which benefit digestion. These also hold onto water to help hydrate and keep up the body hydrated regularly. As the pulp and skins are removed while juicing, the juices contain lesser fiber. Fiber is highly beneficial for the colon, and smoothies have a lot more fiber. You do not need to cut on food and drink just juices and smoothies to get the desired benefits from them. Just try to add more fruits juices and smoothies in the diet for good health.
- More resistant starches- Resistant starches are quite similar to fiber. They are found in plant food items such as potatoes, rice, legumes, green bananas, and grains. But there is a downside here. Resistant starches are present in carbohydrates. But still, people who prefer a low-carb diet can choose alternate options which cause lesser blood sugar spikes. Such food items include rice and potatoes (preferably boiled or waxy). Including such foods in the diet can be of great benefit for cleansing the colon.
- Probiotics- Adding probiotics to your diet is another successful way to cleanse the colon. This also benefits the overall health in various other ways. You can consume more probiotics by adding the intake of probiotic supplements in daily diet. Also, consume a lot of foods rich in probiotics, such as yogurt, kimchi, pickles, various fermented foods, etc. Probiotics are a source of good bacteria for the gut with the help of adding fiber and starch in the diet. Fiber and starch curb inflammation and help in bowel regularity. These two elements of digestive health are related to the colon. Apple cider vinegar is also a useful probiotic and is considered as an active colon cleanser.
- Herbal teas- Drinking some herbal teas can also assist digestive health by boosting the colon functioning. Laxative herbs such as psyllium, aloe vera, marshmallow root, etc can help get rid of constipation. Make sure to consult your doctor and follow directions as told before using the herbs. There are several other herbs such as ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper contain antimicrobial phytochemicals. Such herbs are considered to suppress the bad bacteria present. For this reason, these herbs are included in a lot of cleanses. Drink a cup of lukewarm water with one of these herbs added to them. You can consume herbal tea up to three times each day. But make sure to only drink tea once a day in case of laxative herbal teas.
Health Benefits of Colon Hydrotherapy are briefed below:
- Boosts the working of the Digestive System- After cleansing, the colon pushes waste from the system and clears the way for good nutrients to be absorbed. A clean colon, after a colon detox, allows waste to pass down smoothly.
- Regulates Constipation- Colon Hydrotherapy can help regulate constipation, especially when it is chronic. Chronic constipation leads to a sluggish digestive response, which in return leaves behind the waste in the system for longer, which increases the chances of certain conditions such as Piles or Varicose Veins.
- High Energy- Release of the toxins from the body is rejuvenating as it refocuses the energy which is generally used to push out waste through the intestines to other parts of the body. After undergoing colon detoxification, the person would have better blood circulation, restful sleep, and an increase in energy. It also helps increase the vitality of the individual.
- Increases the Body’s Absorption of essential Vitamins and Nutrient- A colon which has been cleansed lets only water, vitamins and nutrients to be absorbed to the bloodstream. This creates a non-obstructed path for essential nutrients to cleanse and filter the body.
- Improves Concentration- An unhealthy, poor diet and lifestyle, and ineffective vitamin absorption can cause the person to stay distracted and lose their concentration power. The accumulation of mucus and toxins in the colon can keep the body from getting what it needs to function efficiently, even after taking a consistently healthy diet. Cleansing and detoxifying the colon can make the difference. The person can feel the difference between feeling alert and lack of focus. This has far-reaching impacts on the person’s body and over-all life including work, relationships, and daily lifestyle.
- Helps in Weight Loss- Food items which are poor in fiber move from the digestive tract at one-quarter of the pace of fiber-rich foods. This slow procedure of food digestion produces excess mucous which sticks to the walls of the intestines. This weighs down the intestinal tract with extra pounds of decaying fecal matter. Colon cleansing has the potential to help in weight loss for some. After the colon hydrotherapy, people have claimed to have lost extra pounds over the course of just a month. The average human colon weighs approximately four pounds when empty and can hold up to eight meals worth of food before digestion. A colon cleansing can lead to a significant weight loss and boost metabolism. It also refocuses the attention of better food choices and whole-body wellness.
- Lowers the Risk of Colon Cancer- All the toxins that one eats, drinks, breathes, and absorbs through the skin ends up processed by the gastrointestinal system, kidneys, and liver. If such toxins are not forced out from the organs as quickly as possible, they can interrupt the healthy working of the body’s systems. By releasing accumulated body waste, the causes and the risk of polyps, cysts and cancerous growths in the colon and gastrointestinal tract are reduced.
- Increases Fertility– Colon cleansing, and increased fiber intake along with healthy food choices improves fertility and helps keep the weight under control. Fat which accumulates in our bodies is estrogen-based, and if too much of it is present, getting pregnant gets more difficult for the woman. A colon which is weighed down for a long time by years of extra buildup can also exert pressure on the uterus and surrounding reproductive organs in a female, putting strain. Colon cleansing gives the body relief from many chemicals and toxins which affect the egg and sperm. It is also recommended that both partners should undergo colon cleansing before trying to get pregnant.
- Regulates the pH Balance in the Bloodstream- Foods which cause colon blockages can lead to acid-forming, especially high-protein diets without sufficient fiber. This can lead to the general malaise in the body. The tissues of the colon eventually get inflamed and reduce its ability to function efficiently. The colon then fails to allow water, minerals, and vitamins to pass into the bloodstream. If the yeasts, molds, fungus, bacteria, parasites or fecal matter enter the bloodstream or connected tissues, the body’s pH is disturbed.
- Overall Body Functioning- Cleansing the colon and removing all excess waste and toxins inside by removing the layers of colon buildup can give the feeling of lightness with increased energy, and improvement in overall health.
- Reshapes the colon- With the passage of time, the natural shape of the colon gets distorted, causing more complications. The gentle water technique and massage options can also help eliminate unwanted waste. After a series of colon hydrotherapy sessions, the colon eventually begins to resume its natural shape.
- Stimulation of Reflex Points- All the organs and systems of the human body are connected to the colon by reflex points. Colon hydrotherapy stimulates the reflex points, which benefits the corresponding body parts, similar to the procedure of reflexology.
- Hydration– Colon Hydrotherapy removes the toxins from the system which helps to keep the body hydrated.
- Purification of the liver- Clearing and removing the toxins and accumulated extra fat layers benefits the liver by purifying and detoxifying the liver.
- Increases elimination of parasites, bad bacteria, and fungi- Bidding farewell to harmful toxins also increases the elimination of parasites, bad bacteria, and fungi in the body.
- Clearer skin and eyes- As the body gets purified and detoxified, the person can observe a softer and more glowing skin. Even the visibility and eye-sight is benefited from the Colon Hydrotherapy.
- Clears the lymphatic system- Just like the colon, liver and other such organs of the body are detoxified after the Colon Hydrotherapy, the lymphatic system of the person also clears out, helping in better functioning of the body and organs.