If your foreskin is too tight and causes a lot of pain, you are not alone. Phimosis is a medical condition when a man has a tight foreskin and is not able to retract the foreskin below the head of the penis.
This can be very painful for you, cause irritation to the penis and can lead to sexual problems. You don’t have to worry if you have this condition.
Most cases of the phimosis can be treated in a year and your foreskin will become loose and comfortable. To overcome this problem, you should do phimosis exercises on your foreskin.
Stretching the Foreskin
- Pull foreskin against the head of the penis: If you have pinhole phimosis, that means your foreskin ring is tight and small. This generally happens when you cannot insert fingers inside your foreskin. You will need to stretch the hole wider. Pull the foreskin back over the head of the penis as much as its possible. Hold this for 30 to 40 seconds, then relax. Repeat this around 10 times.
- Avoid pulling the foreskin over the head by using extreme force because this could cause injuries. If the ring slides behind the head, this can get stuck.
- Pulling the ring against an erect head can help stretch the foreskin.
- Try to do these stretches in the shower for a comfortable experience. You could also try a water-based lubricant. Simply rinse any residue off after doing stretches.
- Grip the edges to stretch: If you have an open ring but still the foreskin is too tight to place your fingers inside, you should stretch the skin by holding onto the edges. Use your thumb and index finger to grip the edges of your foreskin on both sides. Apply some pressure to spread the foreskin. Hold this around 30 to 60 seconds and then repeat. Try this for a few minutes up to 3 times a day.
- Use fingers to stretch: Once you are able to fit your fingers inside the foreskin, you will be able to have your foreskin stretched. To keep foreskin ring, use your two fingers to stretch the foreskin. Using both your hands, place your fingers back to back on either side of the foreskin. Press the backs of your fingers against one another as you gently stretch the skin by pulling in opposite directions. Relax the foreskin and repeat. Make sure your fingers are clean.
- Do a frenulum stretch: If the foreskin is not long enough, you might stretch the frenulum. Take the foreskin where it connects to the frenulum. Take the foreskin where it connects to the frenulum just below the head of the penis. Pull the skin down away from the head of the penis. Hold this for 30 seconds. You can stretch this every time you urinate.
- Stretching in the shower: Sometimes, stretching can be painful. You may find that using warm water will make your foreskin easier to stretch. Try soaking in a warm bath or take a hot shower. Not only it will help you to relax, but the warm water may help to loosen the skin.
- Use a flesh tunnel: You might find that you need little help stretching your foreskin. Flesh tunnels are silicone devices that you can stick to your foreskin and leave. The tunnel helps to keep the foreskin stretched for a few hours at a time. Once you are able to get one finger inside your foreskin, you can try a fresh funnel.
Also Read: Paraphimosis: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Choosing the proper technique
- Use gentle pressure: The foreskin is sensitive, you should always use care when stretching your delicate skin. If you stretch it too aggressively, then it can worsen your condition. When you stretch the skin, you should apply light pressure.
- Try tensing and relaxing: Instead of stretching the foreskin as far as you can go, stretch it back and forth in a steady motion. Tense and relax the foreskin by working it down back and forth instead of just holding in one position.
- Do stretches regularly: Stretching the foreskin is important, so you should include it into your daily routine. The more often you do the stretches, the more flexible and loose the skin will get.
- Stretch upwards and outwards: Instead of pulling your foreskin ring down, pull it up and open. This will help to avoid folding it back around the glans.
- Stretch the tightest part of the foreskin: Figure out which part of your foreskin is the tightest. You will have to check the foreskin to determine where this is for you. At which part you want to focus the stretching.
Also Read: Skin Problems Affecting The Penis
Seeking medical attention
- Go to the doctor: Seeing a doctor might be necessary if you are having a tight foreskin which you cannot loosen after working through your stretches. Most doctors will refer you to the urologist, who will examine you and suggest proper treatment for your condition. Phimosis can lead to other complications that need medical attention. These complications also include irritation, painful urination, urinary tract infections.
- Use a prescription topical steroid ointment: The doctor can prescribe a topical corticosteroid ointment. This ointment will soften the tissue of the foreskin, which helps the foreskin retract more easily. The doctor will show you how to properly use the ointment.
- Consider circumcision: Circumcision is when the foreskin is removed medically. This is not a simple treatment for phimosis but in rare cases, it may be a proper treatment. This generally is only recommended if the ointment and stretching don’t work, if the foreskin is stuck if there are recurring infections. (Also Read: Meaning of Circumcision in Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi )
Frequently Asked Questions about Phimosis
- How do I do phimosis exercises if I am a young guy?
The same as anyone else would. It does not depend on the fact that you are young or old. Exercises are the same for every age group.
- Do I do this exercise with or without an erection?
You should do this exercise without an erection.
- How do I make this less painful?
You should perform these stretches while showering with hot water.