Benefits of gynecomastia surgery
As gynecomastia does not entirely vanish on its own, surgery is the best and most effective treatment. It-
- Enhances confidence and self-esteem, especially while talking to others.
- Restores the natural and balanced appearance of the male chest.
- Gives an improved masculine look to the chest.
- Permanently removes male breast tissues and glands.
- Puts an end to psychological trauma and negative self-talk.
Advanced gynecomastia surgery is liposuction followed by breast gland excision. It is a minimally invasive procedure that offers fast and smooth recovery. In this approach, the chances of post-surgery complications are reduced significantly.
Risks and complications
Gynecomastia surgery carries some chances of risks and complications. It depends on the surgeon’s expertise, the type of surgery (whether open or minimally invasive), and whether or not the patient follows the post-surgery care tips.
Some of the potential risks and complications of gynecomastia surgery are as follows:
- Internal bleeding resulting in a hematoma
- Blood clots
- Allergic response to anesthesia
- Asymmetric breasts
- Irregular contouring of male breasts
- Altered breast or nipple sensation (temporary or permanent sensory loss)
- Damage or trauma to the surrounding tissues, muscles, blood vessels, nerve endings, etc.
- Pulmonary (lungs-related) complications
- Death of fatty tissues in the breasts
- Infection at the site of surgery
- Persistent pain (that requires immediate consultation)
- Allergic reaction to injected agents
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
It is highly advised to immediately contact your surgeon if you experience any of the above-mentioned complications. Delaying or neglecting timely medical attention may lead to life-threatening situations.
- The breasts in gynecomastia often grow large and unevenly.
- Most cases of gynecomastia are reported in teenage boys who are going through puberty. But it can also happen to newborn babies and older men as well.
- Some cases of breast enlargement can be treated with hormone therapy, but surgery is the only permanent solution.
India & World Statistics
-Gynecomastia affects about 40% to 60% of Indian men.
-In India, most males prefer undergoing minimally-invasive male breast reduction surgery, which is done by a combination of liposuction and gland excision techniques.
-The total number of gynecomastia surgery performed in India is around 29,532.
-According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), around 50% to 60% of adolescent males get affected by gynecomastia.
-Pubertal gynecomastia begins at age 10-12 years old and peaks at the age of 13-14 years. It usually regresses as well within 18 months.
-10%- 25% of gynecomastia cases are caused due to medications and drugs.
-The prevalence of gynecomastia in males who are undergoing anti-androgen monotherapy is around 75%.
-Klinefelter’s syndrome is associated with approximately 80% of gynecomastia cases, and it also increases the risk of breast cancer in males.
-Almost 50% of hemodialysis patients have gynecomastia as renal failure often leads to hormonal abnormalities.
-In around 25% of cases of gynecomastia, the cause is unknown. Hence, the condition is referred to as idiopathic gynecomastia.
-The results of gynecomastia surgery in around 50% of the patients are cosmetically unsatisfactory through the traditional method.
-In 2019, around 24,124 males underwent surgical treatment for gynecomastia only within the US and accounted for a 19% increase in cases since 2000. 35% of those patients were between the age of 20 to 29.
-According to Wikipedia, gynecomastia surgery was the 11th most costly cosmetic surgery for males in 2019.
-In the year 2019, a jury awarded $8 billion in punitive damages to the plaintiffs who were tied to the use of Risperidone, an atypical antipsychotic medicine. The plaintiffs claimed that the company disregarded the evidence that Risperidone usage could lead to gynecomastia in young males and kept promoting the medicines. The medicine was even released without disclosing the side effects. The company was found guilty and they had to pay $6.8 billion (the amount was later reduced by the Judge) to the plaintiffs.
Rely on Pristyn Care to Provide Comprehensive Medical Care for Gynaecomastia Treatment All Across India
Being one of the leading healthcare service providers across India, Pristyn Care understands what the patients need. We provide personalized care to each patient who comes to us seeking treatment for man boobs. You can rely on our professional and passionate medical and non-medical staff to provide all-inclusive care to our patients. Our services include:
- Top-grade hospitals and clinics across various cities of India.
- A team of highly experienced plastic surgeons with specialization in minimally invasive procedures.
- Protection against COVID-19 and its variants, along with regular sanitization of the premises.
- Complete assistance for the patient throughout the treatment journey.
- Additional discounts on diagnostic tests at the partnered labs.
- Taking care of insurance and hospital-related paperwork and formalities.
- Multiple payment options with finance service through No-Cost EMI.
- Handling the commute service on behalf of the patient on the day of surgery.
- Follow-up appointments without any additional charges.
- Free recovery guide and diet plan provided by our doctors.
At every step, one of our representatives will be present to take care of all your needs so that you can focus more on your health. We maintain the high standard and quality of medical care to ensure that the patient doesn’t have to worry about any aspect of the treatment.
Book An Appointment with the Best Plastic Surgeons to Get Rid of Gynecomastia
By getting in touch with Pristyn Care, you can personally contact the best plastic surgeons to undergo gynecomastia surgery. We have a dedicated Patient application available for both Android and Apple devices. By downloading the application, you can browse the list of best doctors in your city and schedule an appointment with any one of them directly at your convenience.
You can also give us a call and fill the “Book Appointment” form to connect with our medical coordinators. They will handle all the treatment formalities and make sure that the whole journey is comfortable for you.