Facts on Gynecomastia
- 1 in every 4 men is affected by gynecomastia.
- People in the age bracket of 50 and 80 are at a higher risk of developing gynecomastia.
- Around 32-65% of men are affected by gynecomastia globally.
What are the stages of gynecomastia?
The stages of gynecomastia have been researched several times and categorized by several authors. The most widely accepted categorization was identified by the authors of “Classification and surgical correction of gynecomastia”. Later, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons standardized this as the gynecomastia scale. There are four stages of gynecomastia-
Grade I- Small enlargement without skin excess
Grade IIa- Moderate enlargement without skin excess
Grade IIb (commonly known as Grade III)- Moderate enlargement with minor skin excess
Grade III (commonly known as the Grade IV)- Marked enlargement with excess skin, mimicking drooped of the female breast
Symptoms That Develop In Each Stage Of Gynecomastia
Grade I: In this stage of gynecomastia, the breasts enlarge but these are noticeable over clothes. In addition to this, there can be some tissue growth around the areola and nipple area. There is mild puffiness of the nipples and there can be some discolouration of the breasts.
Grade II: The chest becomes broader due to excessive tissue growth throughout the chest but the swelling of nipples remains still unnoticeable. This grade is also known as mild to moderate breast enlargement that makes the chest feel tight. Additionally, there can be some firmness under the nipple area and the outer area can be soft and fatty.
Grade III: The breasts start to become droopy and the chest width increases visibly. This stage is considered to be moderate to severe and the droopiness is quite evident even after wearing loose-fitting clothing.
Grade IV: By this stage, the men have developed breasts similar to women-like. Also, this is the final stage of breast enlargement which means it is highly visible.
Who is an ideal candidate for gynecomastia surgery?
The ideal candidates of gynecomastia are-
- Men who are embarrassed with their breasts being large or the puffiness of their nipples.
- Men whose breasts have enlarged as much as possible and has stabilized.
- Men who maintain a healthy lifestyle and are within their normal weight.
- Men who expect realistic results from the surgery.
- Men who are ready to follow a healthy lifestyle even after the surgery to achieve the desired goals they have in their mind.
- Men who neither smoke nor take drugs.
- Men who are not suffering from any health conditions that can interfere with the recovery or cause severe side effects.
- Men who are not satisfied with the results of ayurvedic, allopathic, and non-surgical treatment of gynecomastia.
What is the cost of gynecomastia surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery is a simple two-step procedure. The cost of liposuction is not definite for all. It depends on the volume of fat that needs to be removed, the technique of liposuction used, the skills of the surgeon, anesthesia fees and other additional costs. Below mentioned is a table of the price of gynecomastia surgery for some of the metropolitan cities of India. It is to be noted that the price is not absolute and is recommended to be considered only for reference purpose.
- Gynecomastia surgery price in Delhi ranges between INR 90,000 to INR 2,60,000.
- Gynecomastia surgery in Gurgaon ranges between INR 90,000 to INR 2,60,000.
- Gynecomastia surgery in Bangalore ranges between INR 1,10,000 to 2,90,000.
- Gynecomastia surgery in Hyderabad ranges between 1,50,000 to 3,25,000.
- Gynecomastia surgery in Chennai ranges between 1,25,000 to 3,00,000.
- Gynecomastia surgery in Kolkata ranges between 1,65,000 to 3,40,000.
- Gynecomastia surgery in Pune ranges between 1,00,000 to 2,75,000.
- Gynecomastia surgery in Nagpur ranges between 75,000 to 2,50,000.
- Gynecomastia surgery in Ahmedabad ranges between 1,65,000 to 3,40,000.
What are the benefits of choosing Pristyn Care for gynecomastia surgery?
Following are the benefits you can avail while choosing Pristyn Care for gynecomastia surgery:
- At Pristyn Care, gynecomastia is treated only by using the latest VASER liposuction technique.
- All the doctors of Pristyn Care are board-certified by the necessary regulatory authority to perform gynecomastia surgery.
- We provide free transportation for you to reach the hospital and return back home on the day of the surgery.
- We assign a dedicated care buddy to help you at every step from admission to discharge on the surgery day.
- With the onset of the global pandemic, we have uplifted precautionary measures in all our partner hospitals and clinics.