Orthopedics is the medical field that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of the human body’s musculoskeletal system. An orthopedic doctor treats patients who suffer from diseases and disorders of the joints, bones, muscles and associated structures including the ligaments, tendons, nerves and bones. Orthopedic surgeons diagnose and treat a wide range of problems associated with the bone and skeletal. An orthopedic surgeon can perform minor surgeries like treating a broken toe to major surgeries like performing a knee or hip replacement surgery.
Many people delay or avoid their orthopedic condition and live with pain and other symptoms like limited range of motion, joint stiffness, swelling and problems that can be extremely annoying and can affect the individual’s daily life and mental health. Our orthopedic doctors can accurately diagnose your condition and come up with a suitable treatment plan that will provide relief from the pain and other associated symptoms and improve your quality of life.
Your safety is taken care of by thermal screening, social distancing, sanitized clinics and hospital rooms, sterilized surgical equipment and mandatory PPE kits during surgery.
A dedicated Medical Coordinator assists you throughout the surgery journey from insurance paperwork, to free commute from home to hospital & back and admission-discharge process at the hospital.
Our surgeons spend a lot of time with you to diagnose your condition. You are assisted in all pre-surgery medical diagnostics. We offer advanced laser and laparoscopic surgical treatment. Our procedures are USFDA approved.
We offer free follow-up consultations and instructions including dietary tips as well as exercises to every patient to ensure they have a smooth recovery to their daily routines.
Pristyn Care in Numbers
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s a pleasure to have you on our website. Let us know if there’s an opportunity for us to do something together.
1. With every 1 pound of body weight you gain, your knees gain 3 pounds of added stress. Anf for hips, 1 pound weight gain translates into 6 times the pressure on the joint.
2. With every step you take, your body puts pressure roughly around 3 times your weight to your hips and knees.
3. The most common areas of the body that orthopedic doctors treat are knees and shoulders.
4. Orthopedic specialists treat almost every part of the body.
5. Some orthopedic doctors or surgeons choose to specialize in one area of the body, while some choose to become a generalist. There is no general requirement for orthopedic specialists to specialize in one part of the body. Rather, it comes down to the doctor’s personal preference.
6. Knees are the most commonly injured part of the body during sporting activities. Various studies report that individuals with knee injuries have a 6 times greater risk of developing osteoarthritis later in life, which is the leading cause of knee replacement surgery.
7. Joint replacement has been found to result in significant reduction in pain and restoration of function in over 90% of the patients.
8. Younger and more active patients are now undergoing joint replacement surgeries earlier, driving the need for high-technology and better performing implants that last longer and go well with active lifestyles.
9. The majority of patients with osteoarthritis who underwent a joint replacement feel that their new joint feels normal or natural with an improvement in quality of life.
10. Before joint replacement surgery, osteoarthritis patients faced extreme difficulty performing simple, everyday tasks, physical exercise and sports.
Orthopedic surgeons treat different types of acute and chronic orthopedic conditions using specialized medical, surgical and rehabilitative treatment options. An orthopedic surgeon can treat people of all ages and sexes including infants, young children, adults and older people. Common orthopedic conditions that require treatment by an orthopedic specialist include-
Our best orthopedic surgeons in India are exceedingly skilled and specialize in minimally invasive or MIS orthopedic surgeries such as MIS hip replacement, MIS knee replacement, ACL reconstruction, meniscus repair and carpal tunnel release.
Orthopedic surgeons are trained for both surgical and nonsurgical treatment and management of various orthopedic diseases. An orthopedic surgeon can perform various surgical procedures to treat an orthopedic injury or condition, including-
Many individuals suffer from some form of bone or joint problems. Delaying the treatment can be painful and make the condition worse. It is thus important to act quickly to manage and treat the condition and prevent it from restricting your lifestyle. Our orthopedic surgeons will thoroughly diagnose your condition and provide you with the full treatment pathway including pre and post-surgery scans, surgical procedure, its recovery and outcome. All our patients receive specialised treatment and care from leading orthopedic surgeons in India. Our board-certified doctors have years of experience in performing complex and modern orthopaedic procedures. To speak to our expert orthopedic doctors for your condition, make your appointment at your nearest Pristyn Care clinic.
If you have pain, stiffness or swelling, you should consider making an appointment at an orthopedic clinic. Book an appointment for yourself with us if you have symptoms like-
Whether the pain you are experiencing is dull or sharp, chronic or acute, you must get it checked by an orthopedic doctor.
Choosing an expert, skilled and the best orthopedic surgeon in India for yourself or your loved one is extremely important in order to get the best treatment. However, choosing a good orthopedic doctor in India can be tough, confusing and may cause anxiety. Most likely, your general surgeon might have recommended you see an orthopedic surgeon or you might be looking for the best orthopedic surgeon after an injury or health condition demanding an expert. How do you find the best orthopedic surgeon?
Here are 10 important and useful tips that can help you choose the best orthopedic doctor for you-
1. Ask around- Getting a recommendation from a trusted source like your general physician, family members or friends can be highly valuable and helpful. If you know anyone who has interacted with an orthopedic specialist, ask them about their experience and see if that orthopedic surgeon suits your needs.
2. Research the Credentials of the Orthopedic Surgeon’s- Board certification is a very important factor you should consider while choosing a good orthopedic surgeon. The certification of the orthopedic surgeon will tell you that he has the verified skills, training, and experience to provide the best orthopedic care for you. Also, confirm that the orthopedic surgeon has no history of disciplinary actions or malpractice claims. You should also look at the orthopedic surgeon’s medical school, certifications, training hospital, and years of experience.
3. Patient reviews- Patient reviews will be very helpful in selecting an orthopedic surgeon. The reviews, ratings and feedback of the orthopedic surgeon can help you decide if he or she meets your needs. Read the reviews with caution and consider the motives of the reviewers. Always consider trusted websites and sources instead of anonymous reviews available online.
4. Specialty and area of expertise- Choose an orthopedic surgeon who specialises in the type of treatment you seek. This will ensure that you get the best treatment for your problem.
5. Inquire if your insurance covers the procedure costs- Most orthopedic conditions are resolved with surgery and may involve additional expenses like medications, diagnostic tests or physical therapy programs. This is why your insurance coverage is a practical and reasonable matter. Make sure to choose a doctor who is associated with a hospital where your insurance plan would cover the maximum costs of the procedure and other expenses involved in the treatment procedure. To receive the maximum insurance benefits and pay the least from your own pocket for your treatment, you should choose an orthopedic surgeon where all such prices would be covered in your insurance plan. Still, you should focus on other factors like credentials, experience, patient reviews, and hospital quality as well when you select an orthopedic surgeon in India for your treatment.
6. Latest technologies, approaches, devices used for orthopedic procedures- Does the orthopedic surgeon you are considering use the most advanced and cutting edge forms of the treatment? Most orthopedic surgeries can now be performed with minimally invasive techniques and approaches. Minimally invasive orthopedic surgeries allow faster recovery with better outcomes in the long run. Choose an orthopedic surgeon who specialises in minimally invasive orthopedic surgeries.
7. Experience with the particular injury or symptoms you have- Consider the experience and skills of the orthopedic surgeon in the particular injury or symptoms you are having. You can get these details by going through the doctor’s experience, skills and patient reviews. You can also call the clinic or hospital to discuss these about the doctor before you make a decision.
8. Hospital, its staff, and location- Finding a good, reputed hospital with friendly, knowledgeable staff who can respond quickly and address your needs and concerns is also an important factor. You should feel comfortable as you may need a surgery or visit the orthopedic surgeon various times for your treatment. Have a look at the infrastructure of the hospital, its location, and accessibility. Choosing an orthopedic surgeon near you is favoured, however, do not value the distance from home over other factors such as expertise, experience and feedback.
9. Get an estimate of the costs for your treatment- When it comes to orthopedic surgery or treatment, the cost of the procedure, follow-up appointments and physical therapies must be considered. Most importantly, make sure if the orthopedic surgeon is covered under your insurance plan to avoid paying heavy bills from your own pocket.
10. Get a second opinion or change your doctor if you are not satisfied- Your future health, outcomes and long-term benefits of the orthopedic procedure will be affected by the orthopedic surgeon you choose. Even if things seem right at first, you may have second thoughts after consulting the doctor or anytime throughout your treatment procedure. If you are unhappy with your orthopedic surgeon, do not hesitate to get a second opinion or change your doctor. Nothing is more important than your health and satisfaction when consulting an orthopedic surgeon.
It is normal for you to have several doubts, confusions, questions and concerns while choosing an orthopedic surgeon for your treatment. Do not make a rash decision and take your time to do some research, as suggested earlier. Choose the best orthopedic surgeon for your treatment to get the best treatment and relief from the condition.
When you meet your surgeon for an orthopedic surgery, you should ask some important questions to gather all necessary information about the procedure. Important questions to ask your orthopedic surgeon are-
To help you make a fully-informed decision, our orthopedic surgeon will walk you through the entire process and will answer any questions you may have. If you need orthopedic care, get in touch with us to meet the best orthopedic doctors and surgeons in India.
Our orthopedic surgeons can perform a wide range of minimally invasive orthopedic surgeries including:
If you are ready for an expert opinion for your orthopedic problem and would like to discuss your treatment options with the best orthopedic surgeon, you can make an appointment with us using the “Book Appointment” form or call us directly.
Different orthopedic problems are likely to have different symptoms. Often, orthopedic conditions cause symptoms like pain, swelling, stiffness, injury, etc, which can lead to a reduced or limited range of motion. And when your range of motion is reduced, it can become difficult and even painful for you to perform simple daily tasks like carrying things, walking around or climbing stairs. Our orthopedic doctors will work with you to improve your quality of life by increasing range of motion and reducing pain among other symptoms. With an increased range of motion and reduced pain and swelling, you can get back to your regular life and do things that you want to do, without any restrictions.
As a patient of Pristyn Care, your comfort and recovery are our highest priorities. You will receive a caring and personalised service in a relaxed atmosphere. We realise that making your decision to get a surgery is a major one and you may have a lot of doubts and queries. Feel free to ask our doctors any doubts you have. Our team works with complete honesty and dedication to provide a comfortable environment to our patients. If you have an orthopedic condition, wait no more and make an appointment with the best specialists. We will recommend the most convenient and effective treatment for you. We treat our patients using the latest technology and less invasive surgical procedures.
If you are suffering from an orthopedic condition, you need to realise that your condition will not get better or go away on its own. You may not experience severe symptoms now, but in the long run, it may cause a lot of complications, and could possibly worsen the conditions and associated symptoms. If you have an orthopedic condition, you should get treated right away.
Get a doctor’s opinion by making an appointment with our orthopedic surgeons. You can make your appointment from our website or mobile application. You can also simply call us and we will schedule your appointment with one of our top orthopedic doctors.