What should I know before visiting a gynecologist?
- Search the internet thoroughly and read about your symptoms and possible causes. Then, spend some time searching about the doctors, their experience, and patient reviews. Both should help you understand quite a few things about what to expect at the clinic. These should also help you prepare a list of questions you might want to ask your gynecologist.
- We understand the hesitation around genital problems/ questions/ the area itself in general. But your gyne’s clinic is a safe space. Your doctor is trained in the specific organs and is bound to give you a medical opinion with complete privacy and confidentiality. It is standard practice by law.
- Your doctor will use a sterilized glove and only specialised medical equipment at all times for any physical exam.
- If you are going for the termination of unwanted pregnancy, carry a document to support that you are 18+ years of age. You do not need approval from your partner/ parent. Your own written consent is enough.
Also, if you feel uncomfortable, ridiculed/ morally shamed at any point, speak up and move out immediately. It is neither right nor professional for a gynecologist to shame her patients or pass any moral judgment. After all, gyne visits are designed for medical advice and not moral. Do not think this is how all gynecologists are.
There are so many gynecologists who are well experienced, mark excellent patient track records and are extremely patient, sensitive and empathetic. We at Pristyn Care ensure you have a safe, stable, and comfortable experience at all times during your gyne visit. Your privacy and confidentiality are kept non-negotiable and Pristyn Care ensures that professionalism is maintained at the highest standard and the patient feels comfortable at all times.
For more information, we suggest, you call us directly. Our medical coordinators could also arrange an online consultation with a Pristyn Care doctor of your choice.
What does a gynecologist ask you?
Your gynaecologist may ask you a range of questions to understand your health condition better. Some of them are:
- What is your age?
- When was your last menstrual cycle?
- Are your periods regular?
- What is the average gap between your cycles?
- Have you been experiencing an unusual itch/ dryness or abnormal vaginal discharge recently?
- Does your vaginal area smell different than usual?
- Are you married? (a conservative way of asking about your sexual activity/ frequency)
- Are you sexually active?
- Do you feel a sharp pain during sex?
- Are you experiencing frequent bloating/ pelvic pain?
- Do you feel any sudden increase in the urgency/ frequency of urination?
- Do you have children?
- Do you want to have children in the future?
- Do you have any family history of cancer running in your family?
What are the most commonly prescribed medications for gynecological diseases?
Some of the commonly prescribed medications for gynecological diseases include:
- Vaginal Dryness- OTC Lubricants/ Glycerin Propylene Glycol
- Vaginal Infections- Clotrimazole (fungal infections), Metronidazole (bacterial infections), Miconazole (Yeast Infections)
- Painful Periods- Ibuprofen/ Mefenamic Acid
- Contraception- Barrier Methods/ Oral Contraceptives
- Infertility- Clomiphene/ Follicle Stimulating Hormone/ Metamorphic
- Endometriosis- Contraceptives/ Hormonal Supplements
What are the most commonly performed surgical procedures for gynecological diseases?
Why choose Pristyn Care for gynaecological treatments?
Pristyn Care is an excellent choice for your gynecological concerns because of:
- Absolute Privacy and Confidentiality: We understand your concerns and hesitation around genital problems and that is why we promise a 100% confidentiality seal on any and every information provided by you. Whatever you say, stays only with your doctor or a person you authorize as an attendant.
- Experienced female OBGYN: Our OBGYNs have a specialized experience of at least 7-10 years in both medicine and surgery and are thus experts in handling even the worst of gynecological complications are emergencies.
- Understanding and Empathetic Female Doctors: Our doctors are extremely professional, sensitive and polite. They are open to listening and provide a warm and safe environment so that you can open up and tell your problems exactly as they are. We ensure, there is no moral shaming or disturbing experiences and, that the entire procedure is dealt with sensitivity and care.
- End-to-end Assistance: We are a ‘full-stack’ health care provider, that is, we are not only focused on safe surgeries but on providing an excellent and seamless patient experience. This is why, right from the first call you make at Pristyn Care to your doctor’s consultation, hospital admission, procedure discharge, and the last follow-up, we assist you end-to-end. We do this by offering you:
- Free transportation on the day of surgery: We provide free pick up and drop from your residence to your chosen hospital and back (across the city)
- Free Insurance Assistance: Insurance policies are tricky. This is why we have an excellent and dedicated team to help you with all your insurance queries and assist you throughout the process. This makes your treatment financially easy and mentally seamless.
- Multiple Payment Options: We understand how there are many times, insurance is not an option- especially when it comes to cosmetic or fertility procedures. Here, to make your finances easier, we offer you a 0 cost EMI option. So you can have your surgery now, and pay later in smaller amounts tension free.
How to book an appointment with gynecologists at Pristyn Care?
Booking an appointment at Pristyn Care is easy. You can either call us directly through our website or fill our ‘Book my Appointment’ form by clicking the ‘Book Appointment’ tab right next to our number. The form needs just 4 simple answers- ‘You name’, ‘Your contact’, ‘Disease name’, and ‘City’. Once you fill in this information, just sit back and relax. Our medical coordinators will reach you shortly and guide you through the step by step of the process.