There is no proven way to prevent the enlargement of the labia. A swollen labia might be the result of aging, childbirth or sexual intercourse. However, you can prevent the labia from swelling any further by:
- Applying cold compress in the swollen area
- Taking several warm baths in a day
- Refraining from wearing tight-fitted clothes
- Avoiding perfumed detergents, soaps, and certain other products to which you are sensitive.
- Using lubricants properly while indulging in sexual activities
- Adding adequate amount of yogurt and probiotics in your diet
However, it is to be noted that the above mentioned tips can help in dealing with the symptoms of a swollen labia but cannot help in treating it. Consulting a doctor can help you to understand the right line of treatment available to you for treating a swollen or enlarged labia.