What is a labiaplasty surgery, and why is it done?
Labiaplasty, commonly known as labia reduction surgery, is done for a variety of reasons.
Suppose your labia minora protrudes beyond your labia majora. In that case, you may have painful sexual intercourse, pain from twisting or tugging of the labia during physical activities such as biking, general itching and irritation, and personal dissatisfaction with the appearance of your labia minora. Surgery to reduce the size of the labia minora can increase sexual pleasure, relieve pain, and make you feel more confident about your vaginal look.
Questions you should ask your doctor before labiaplasty?
The first session is an excellent opportunity for patients to discuss any questions concerning labial reduction with their doctors. Patients may find it helpful to write down any questions they have before the consultation.
Here are some general questions that patients might want to ask:
- Are your expectations reasonable?
- When will sex be possible after labiaplasty?
- Is there a chance that the labia or groin will feel different following surgery?
- What is the process of recovery after labiaplasty?
- How bad will the pain be following the surgery?
- After surgery, what kind of scarring can be expected on the labia?
- To see before and after photographs, make a request.
- Will it have an impact on your ability to have children?
How to recover after labiaplasty
It is possible that you will need up to two weeks off work to recover. The skin can take several months to heal completely.
You must do the following during this time:
- Maintain the area clean and infection-free.
- Wear loose underwear and clothing to avoid friction.
- Abstain from sex for around six weeks.
- 6 to 12 weeks of minimum physical activity.
- For a few weeks, use sanitary towels instead of tampons.
- Your surgeon may provide you with more detailed instructions to follow.
Why choose PristynCare for labiaplasty?
When you choose Pristyn Care for labiaplasty, you get the following benefits:
1. A few of the most well-known and specialized gynecologists with years of experience in both aesthetic and surgical gynecology.
2. We are associated with multiple clinics and super-specialty hospitals.
3. Treatment that has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration
4. A COVID-free zone
5. Option for a low-cost EMI
6. On the day of operation, there is a free pick-up and drop-off service.
7. One free post-surgery visit with your gynecologist
8. Consultations both online and offline
9. Complete care package.
How can I make a Pristyn Care appointment?
Pristyn Care makes it simple to schedule an appointment.
You can contact us directly through our website, and our professionals will be able to answer any medical or financial questions you may have about the operation.
Alternatively, On our website, you’ll be brought to a brief form if you click on the ‘Book Appointment’ option next to our phone number. Fill in your “name,” “contact number,” “treatment option,” and “city” and then click “Book My Appointment.” Our experts would then contact you as soon as possible.
Get Labiaplasty Surgery from Pristyn Care in Pune
We provide labiaplasty surgery using only up-to-date and authorized surgical tools and equipment. In addition to this, we ensure that every standard of the procedure is followed to ensure there are no minimal chances of any mishap happening. This ensures that patients are back on their feet at the earliest. Our patients are able to recover within a couple of days with the proper post-operative instructions.
Consultations with Highly-Experienced Gynecologists Doctors in Pune
Our experts in Pune have all the necessary medical qualifications and training required to complete the surgery successfully. Some of them even are part of prestigious medical associations and even recognized by several associations for their remarkable experience. They all have medical licensing to practice in Pune. Additionally, our surgeons are empathetic and compassionate when it comes to providing labiaplasty to patients.
How to prepare for Labiaplasty
A few things to follow before labiaplasty surgery are:
- Choose the right doctor. While cosmetic vaginal surgeries can be done by both- gynecologists and plastic surgeons, it is best if you do a thorough read on your health, discomfort, needs, and expectations. Based on the same, choose a doctor that best suits your needs. Typically, an Ob-gynecologist trained in cosmetic gynecology is the safest choice
- Discuss your current health, medication, vitamin, and supplements thoroughly with your doctor. In case you are on blood thinners, your doctor would ask you to stop taking them a few days before surgery. They are known to increase the risk of excessive bleeding.
- Doctors advise abstaining from sex for a month before the procedure.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything post-midnight before the surgery. It helps avoid any complications related to anesthesia.
- Take enough rest before the surgery so that the body is fully prepared for the procedure. Get at least 9 hours of sleep.
- Do not shave the surgical site yourself. A simple cut could risk unwanted infection and septic.
What are the possible risks/ side effects of Labiaplasty?
Risks or side effects are extremely rare with advancements in medical sciences. In fact, LASER labiaplasty reduces the risk of complications to less than 5%.
However, as with any surgery, your body takes some time to heal itself. Some of the possible side effects during this time include-
- Mild bleeding
- Temporary numbness
- Chronic dryness
- Decreased sensitivity around the vulva
- Mild discomfort during sexual intercourse in the initial days of the recovery
All these side effects and risks are easily manageable with the post-operative instructions prescribed by the doctor. However, if the itching, swelling or bleeding persists even after a week, please consult your gynecologist immediately. It could be a sign of a yeast or bacterial infection. It could also be an allergic reaction to a medication. In such a case, you would need added medications.
How to recover after Labiaplasty?
- Doctors advise the following tips to quickly recover after labiaplasty:
- Take complete bed rest for the first 24 hours.
- If the site itches, swells, or pains, use ice packs to relieve the discomfort.
- As you recover, do not wipe, only gently pat dry. Keep the surgical site free of moisture and dirt.
- Start gentle walking after one day of operation. It would help with blood circulation.
- For the first 24 hours, the patient is advised to complete bed rest.
- Wear only loose-fitting cotton fabric clothes to ensure that the vaginal area is breathable, ensuring no germs are collected.
- Do not use perfumed lotions, deodorants, soaps, or vaginal washes before six weeks from the surgery. Use only clear water and make sure you keep the vagina clean and moisture-free.
- Do not use tampons or menstrual cups until your vagina completely heals from the surgery (typically 5-6 weeks). Instead, use soft sanitary pads during menstruation. Drink a lot of water. Keep yourself hydrated. It would help you heal.
- Eat meals with high fiber content. It will help make your bowel movements easier.
- Do not swim/ lift heavy weights/ physically exert yourself before complete clearance from your gynecologist.
- Resume sexual activities only after getting confirmation from the doctor that it is entirely safe.