What are the benefits of undergoing minimally invasive and advanced umbilical Hernia Surgeries?
Laparoscopic or minimally invasive surgeries are the results of medical advancements of several decades. This form of surgery is no less than a boon for the treatment of hernias of all types and grades. In laparoscopic surgery for umbilical hernias, the surgeon inserts a laparoscope through tiny incisions made in the abdomen. The laparoscope has a camera attached to it which helps the surgeon in getting a detailed view of inside the abdomen. Using the image guides on the monitor, the surgeon pushes inside the hernia bulge and using a hernia mesh, strengthens the abdominal wall.
Key benefits of laparoscopic surgery for an umbilical hernia include:
– Since the surgery does not involve any major cuts, the person undergoing a laparoscopic umbilical hernia surgery can get back to regular work-life in just 3-4 days. This is recovery time is much shorter compared to open surgery, where the person needs 10-14 days to recover. The short downtime is one of the major factors that make laparoscopic surgery for umbilical hernia one of the highly sought-after treatments.
– Unlike conventional surgery for umbilical hernia treatment, laparoscopic surgery or minimally invasive surgery, as the name suggests, involves much smaller incisions. Since the incisions are of negligible size, the recovery is seamless.
– The chances of risks and complications in the case of a laparoscopic is much lesser than in open surgery for umbilical hernia repair. But to ensure a safe recovery, the patient should follow all the recovery instructions given by the doctor. If you are dealing with symptoms indicative of an umbilical hernia, consult with our experienced umbilical hernia doctors and get effective treatment before it is late. Our doctors are accomplished with extensive experience of treating several cases of umbilical hernia with a very high standard of care and success rate.
What Happens if you do not get Umbilical Hernia Treatment in Time?
It is not at all a good decision to delay or ignore the treatment of umbilical hernia. Though the bulge may look simple and there is no pain at present, there are high chances that the hernia may exhibit complicated signs in the near future. If umbilical hernia treatment is not provided within time, the umbilical hernia may get incarcerated or strangulated. Both the complications need emergency treatment and could even pose threat to life. The biggest risk with an untreated umbilical hernia is that all the possible complications appear all of a sudden. Most people prefer watchful waiting in case of an umbilical hernia. But, that is not a good choice to live with.
To avoid all the risks and complications, Pristyn Care doctors advise all umbilical hernia patients to undergo laparoscopic hernia repair surgery when the condition is at a nascent stage. A patient with an umbilical hernia has to undergo surgical treatment sooner or later. So, our umbilical hernia doctors are always of the opinion that the sooner the surgery is, the better it is for the patient. If you are still not clear about the repercussions of an untreated umbilical hernia, talk to our umbilical hernia surgeons in Pune and understand what could work best for your health.
How can Pristyn Care help you in getting the best umbilical hernia surgery in Pune?
Pristyn Care houses some of the top hernia specialists and laparoscopic surgeons of the country who have years of experience in delivering the best surgical treatment for an umbilical hernia. Pristyn Care is associated with the top hospitals in the Pune that are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities required to perform advanced surgeries for umbilical hernia treatment.
Laparoscopic Surgeons and Umbilical Hernia Doctors working with Pristyn Care do a thorough consultation in the case of every patient to understand the health condition and then determine the minimally invasive approach for umbilical hernia treatment.
Pristyn Care strives to make the whole surgical experience for every patient a seamless one. To ease out the commuting process for our patients, we also provide free cab facilities to bring you from home to the hospital and help you return back home after the surgery.Pristyn Care provides free follow-ups to the patients within the first seven days after the surgery.Consult with Pristyn Care umbilical hernia doctors who are experts in the field.
Interesting Facts About Umbilical Hernia
- An umbilical hernia is the most common form of hernias that occur in babies who are born preterm.
- Obesity is a significant risk factor for umbilical hernias.
- Umbilical hernias are not really painful. So, in most cases, the symptoms may go unnoticed.
- Pregnant women are highly susceptible to umbilical hernia due to the constant pressure on the growing uterus.