Grades of varicocele
- Grade 0: This is the initial stage where the condition is asymptomatic.
- Grade 1: The varicocele is not visible in this stage, but the initial signs like discomfort and soreness start to show up.
- Grade 2: At this stage, the symptoms start to worsen and you may possibly notice swelling in the veins of the scrotum.
- Grade 3: This is the advanced stage where the enlarged veins in the scrotum become clearly visible. As the symptoms also aggravate, the risk of complications also increases significantly.
Complications that can arise if a varicocele is not treated on time
Following are some of the major complications that can arise if a varicocele is not treated on time:
- Formation of blood clots in the damaged vein
- Damaged testicles
- Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Rupturing of the veins due to blood clot
- Infection in the scrotum
- Rupturing of varicocele as a traumatic response while performing strenuous activities
Best home remedies for varicocele
Here are some of the most effective home remedies for a quick relief from the symptoms of varicocele:
- Cold compresses/Ice packs: Gently applying ice packs and cold compresses on the scrotum or groin area twice or thrice a day can help in getting relief from the swelling and soreness of the varicocele.
- Wearing jockstrap for proper support: Jockstrap is an undergarment that provides scrotal support. Wearing it protects the testes while performing physical activities. Jockstrap minimizes the pressure on the scrotum and prevents the varicocele from becoming more sore and inflicting more pain.
- Yoga can alleviate the discomforts of varicocele: Yoga asanas like Ananda Balasana, Viparita Karani, Dhanurasana and Vajrasana bring significant improvements in varicocele by improving blood circulation and boosting fertility.
- Stay away from strenuous physical activities: Indulging in strenuous physical activities can lead to excess pressure on the lower body, which can worsen the symptoms and aggravate the condition of varicocele. Therefore, it is best to refrain from lifting heavy objects, running, jumping and performing strenuous exercises.
- Eat a fiber-rich diet: Incorporating more fruits, grains, and fiber-rich foods ensure proper functioning of the digestive system. A fiber-rich diet can help in maintaining a proper bowel movement, preventing constipation.
- Horse chestnut supplements: Horse chestnuts have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help significantly relieve the pain and inflammation that occurs due to varicoceles. Horse chestnut also contains a compound called aescin which cures male infertility caused due to varicoceles.
Highly experienced varicocele doctors in Pune
Urologists and general surgeons associated with Pristyn Care in Pune have at least 8 years of experience in performing laparoscopic varicocelectomy with a success rate. Some of the best urologists and general surgeons associated with Pristyn Care in Pune are:
- Dr. Anurag Awasthi
- Dr. Kundan Kharde
- Dr. Milind Joshi
- Dr. Gulhane Parag
- Dr. Pankaj Waykole
- Dr. Sachin Krushnarao
- Dr. Parmeshwar Bambrule
- Dr. Shekhar Takale
Hospitals associated with Pristyn Care
Hospitals associated with Pristyn Care in Pune are highly reliable and trustworthy. The hospitals follow all the necessary regulations and adopt all the COVID-19 safety protocols. Some of our partnered hospitals in Pune are:
- Columbia Asia
- AHLL Spectra
- Global Multispeciality Hospital
- Rising Medicare Hospital
- Chellaram Hospital
- Lifepoint Multispeciality Hospital
- Vishwaraj Hospital
Why choose Pristyn Care for Varicocele Repair Treatment?
- Pristyn Care houses some of the best urologists and general surgeons in Pune who have years of experience in delivering surgical treatment for vascular diseases like varicocele, varicose veins, hydrocele, etc. with a proven success rate.
- Pristyn Care is associated with the top hospitals in Pune that are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities required to perform advanced surgeries.
- Urologists/General Surgeons working with Pristyn Care do a thorough consultation in the case of every patient to understand the health condition and then determine the treatment method that will work best.
- A dedicated 'care buddy' is assigned to every patient on the day of the surgery. We strive to make the whole surgical experience for our patients a seamless one. Once you reach the hospital, your dedicated medical attendant or 'care buddy' will take care of every paperwork and formality on your behalf.
- To ease out the commuting process for our patients, we also provide free cab facilities to bring you from home to the hospital and help you return back home after the surgery.
- A free-of-cost follow-up is provided to the patients within the first seven days after the surgery.
How to book an appointment with urologists at Pristyn Care?
Every surgery at Pristyn Care is done using the most advanced and USFDA-approved medical technology and equipment. Being one of the leading health tech startups in India, dedicated to simplifying the surgical experience of every patient, we provide end-to-end facilities to our patients and give complete assistance in their treatment journey. Pristyn Care ensures that a patient has a care-filled and hassle-free experience. You can book an appointment and get in touch with our doctors virtually from the comfort of your home or anywhere by dialing on the given numbers or by filling up the ‘Book Appointment’ form below.
Possible complications of varicocelectomy surgery:
Varicocelectomy is a safe procedure that ensures effective results within the first 2 weeks after the surgery. However, like any other surgery, there are possible complications associated with the procedure that usually depends on the severity of the condition and the surgical expertise of the surgeon. Pristyn Care ensures comprehensive treatment and post-surgery care for a smooth and quick recovery. Potential risks of varicocelectomy include:
- Injury to the testicle
- Reaction to the anesthesia administered during surgery
- Chances of recurrence
- Blood clots in the legs
Recovery after varicocelectomy:
Patients who undergo varicocelectomy treatment are given a set of instructions from the hospital or your doctor after the surgery to allow smooth and faster recovery. We have a team of highly skilled vascular surgeons with years of experience performing complex varicocelectomy surgeries with great precision. Our surgeons are fully trained to perform surgeries using cutting-edge technology for a very high success rate. Doctors at Pristyn Care provide medications and dietary restrictions after the surgery to reduce the discomfort during recovery duration. There are a few tips that may help during your recovery process:
- Take adequate rest after the surgery for at least 2-3 days.
- Lie down gently as much as you can to minimize swelling
- Keep the wound dry by patting the towel on it after the shower.
- Avoid strenuous activities like sports, weight lifting, or swimming.
- Avoid sexual activity for at least 2-3 weeks after the surgery.