Best Treatment for Gallstone in Pune at Pristyn Care
Without a second opinion, all surgeons can agree that laparoscopy is the best treatment for gallstones in Pune, even if the treatment involves the removal of the gallbladder. Pristyn Care keeps that in mind and provides services that are effective and have a success rate of more than 90%. We emphasize the laparoscopic method of treatment for gallstone removal to ensure that our patients get the safest treatment which has lower chances of severity and complications.
If you are living in Pune and seeking gallstone treatment, then Pristyn Care is the place where you should be. We are one of the leading healthcare services in Pune providing affordable and safe treatment for various diseases. To learn more about the treatment and our doctors/surgeons, book an appointment and consult with the specialists today!
Top Associated Hospital for Gallstone Removal in Pune
Pristyn Care is associated with many top hospitals in Pune that are well-known for treating gallstones and performing gallstone removal surgeries. All the hospitals in our collaboration are fully-equipped with state-of-the-art facilities that are essential to perform all surgeries with maximum safety. It is our partnership with the best hospitals that allows us to provide the utmost care to all the patients who come to us seeking effective and affordable treatment for gallstones in Pune
Our top associated hospitals are:
- Columbia Asia Hospitals
- AHLL Spectra- Sadasiv Peth
- Pranayam Centre
- Global Multi-specialty Hospital
- Lifepoint Multispecialty Hospital
Pristyn Care has top-notch services with well-experienced staff and trained surgeons. Hence, we can say proudly that you will access the best hospitals for gallstone surgery in Pune.
Best Treatment for Gallstone in Pune- Laparoscopic Surgery
If you have gallstone problems and need urgent care, then Pristyn Care can provide you the best treatment. We focus on USFDA approved surgical methods that ensure the safety of the patients. The surgery that used to take 1 to 2 hours can now be completed within 30 to 45 minutes with the help of a laparoscope. It is a minimally invasive technique that is done under sedation by using local or general anesthesia. A minor incision is made in the abdomen to insert the laparoscope and get a clear view of the internal organs to find the stones. Then the stones are extracted from the bladder through the same point and it’s stitched properly.
All this is done in a precise manner to avoid complications during and after the surgery. As the incision is small, the patient won’t have many restrictions on physical activities and the pain will also be bearable. The whole treatment is safe and painless. The patients will be kept under observation for 24 hours. This is the standard procedure for laparoscopic treatment of gallstones. If you need the treatment, click on the Book Appointment button and schedule your consultation with our specialists.
Expert Gallstone Doctors in Pune
Housing an efficient team of doctors who are skilled in gallstone treatment is the best way to ensure that patients get the best treatment. The availability of modern equipment and tools decide the accuracy of the tests and procedure. Patients always want to get the best care possible. Hence, our doctors rely on the latest technology, follow the best standards and guidelines to improve medical services and make them more affordable.
The best doctors/surgeons for gallstone treatment in our Pune team are:
- Dr. Kundan Kharde
- Dr. Milind Joshi
- Dr. Pankaj Waykole
They all have a minimum of 12 years of experience and are located in different regions of the city. This ensures that Pristyn Care can help you reach out for treatment regardless of your location. Contact us today and we will get you in touch with the right doctor and right hospital for gallstone treatment.
If you already know about our doctors, you can directly book an appointment with them by selecting the date and time slot. You will be able to get a consultation as soon as the doctor is available. You can also seek us out if you need immediate medical assistance.
Visit our Clinic for Gallstone Treatment in Pune
The clinics working with Pristyn Care are spread all across the cities so that people from nearby rural areas can also get gallstone treatment in Pune. As the quality of treatment is comparatively better in urban cities, we also cover nearby regions like:
- Viman Nagar
The clinics are also accessible from localities like Mayur Colony, Shantiban Colony, Mahatma Society, Jijai Nagar, Bharti Nagar, Erandwane, Janaki Nagar, Bhusari Colony, Chandani Chowk, Warje, Atul Nagar, Rakshlekha Society, Sagar Society, Sankalp Society, and Dattawadi. Whether you are living in these societies or in a farther region of Pune, you can always get in touch with Pristyn Care online.
How do gallstones form?
A gallstone is a stone that forms inside the gallbladder due to precipitated bile components. The presence of gallstones is called cholelithiasis. The common reasons for gallbladder stone formation are:
- Bile containing too much cholesterol
- Bile containing excessive bilirubin
In all these cases, the excess cholesterol and bilirubin may start to crystallize and eventually turn into stones. Besides the above-mentioned reasons, there are two other factors that impact gallstone formation. The first one is the frequency and ability of the gallbladder contractions. If the contractions are incomplete and infrequent, the bladder won’t empty properly and cause the bile to become over concentrated. The second factor is the presence of proteins in the liver and bile that either promote or inhibit gallstone formation.
Initially, the size of these stones is equal to a grain of sand. However, it can grow quickly and become as large as a golf ball. Moreover, the gallbladder may contain one or multiple stones of smaller or equal size.
What are the different types of gallbladder stones?
Gallbladder stones are divided into three different types based on their composition. These types are explained below:
- Cholesterol Stones- It is the most common type of gallstone. Around 35% to 90% of stones present in gallstones are cholesterol stones. They can be light yellow, dark green, brown, or chalk white in color and have an oval shape. Usually, their size is between 2 to 3 cm long, but they can also grow larger if left untreated for a long time.
- Pigment Stones- This type of gallstone is composed primarily of bilirubin, which is an insoluble bilirubin pigment polymer, and calcium (calcium phosphate) salts present in the bile. Around 2% to 30% of stones present in the gallbladder are bilirubin or pigment stones. They are small and often dark in color.
- Mixed Stones- Also known as brown pigment stones, they are composed of 20-80% of cholesterol. The rest of the constituents can be calcium carbonate, palmitate phosphate, bilirubin, and other bile pigments, such as calcium bilirubinate, calcium palmitate, and calcium stearate. These types of stones usually form when the biliary tract gets infected.
All these three types of stones can be present in the gallbladder altogether or alone. But in each scenario, you will need proper treatment for them.
Why should gallbladder stones not be left untreated?
When left untreated, gallbladder stones can turn into a serious medical issue. If you don’t take a proactive approach for your health and consult a doctor to remove the stones, it can cause the following complications:
- Inflammation of the gallbladder(Cholecystitis)- When the stone gets stuck in the bladder, it will cause inflammation, severe pain, and fever.
- Blockage of the common bile duct- When the stones enter the bile duct and get stuck there, it causes infection in the bile duct, jaundice, and severe pain as well.
- Blockage in the pancreatic duct- Pancreas is connected to the bile duct directly. Hence, there is a high possibility that the stones can travel to the pancreatic duct as well. If this happens, it will cause inflammation in the pancreas (also known as pancreatitis). Due to the inflammation, you will experience intense and constant pain in the abdomen and may need immediate hospitalization.
- Gallbladder cancer- Frequent occurrences of gallstones can increase the risk of gallbladder cancer as well. Though it is rare, it is better that you seek proper treatment to reduce the chances of gallbladder cancer.
Ignoring gallbladder stones is not advisable under any circumstances. You should consult a doctor and discuss what you can do to get rid of the stones permanently.
Prevention of Gallbladder Stones
It is mostly our lifestyle that increases the risk of gallbladder stone formation. Therefore, you can prevent gallstones by making the following changes in your daily life:
- Do not skip meals- Try your best to stick with the usual meal times each day. Skipping meals can cause excess bile secretion and deposition.
- Lose weight slowly- Being overweight is a risk factor for gallstone development. So, if you are trying to lose weight, take things slow. Don’t push your body to its limits in order to lose weight as rapid weight loss can cause the liver to secrete extra cholesterol, which can further increase the risk of gallstones.
- Eat high-fiber foods- Foods that are rich in fiber ensure that the levels of bad cholesterol in the body are minimal. Furthermore, fiber keeps the digestive system moving and helps to flush out the bile from the body. Therefore, it is crucial that you add more fiber to your diet.
- Exercise regularly- It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to do an extensive workout, being physically active is enough. The less you move, the slower the digestion process will be. As a result, the bile won’t flush out correctly. Invest some time in exercising and leave the sedentary lifestyle behind.
- Take prescribed medications- People who are at high risk of developing gallstones due to heredity or other factors can take medicines to lower the risk of gallstone formation.
You can talk to a gallstone specialist to find out what else you can do to prevent gallstones.
Dietary Changes for Gallstones
The food items that you eat on a regular basis have a significant impact on the body. If you eat a healthy and balanced diet and combine it with physical activities, it can lower the risk of gallstone development to almost negligible.
According to experts, the ideal diet for gallstones consists of:
- Fiber-rich foods like fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Whole grains, including brown rice, oats, whole wheat bread, etc.
- Fewer refined carbohydrates and less sugar.
- Healthy fats, such as fish oil and olive oil that helps to contract the gallbladder.
Along with knowing what foods to eat, you should also keep your cravings in check and avoid unhealthy fats, such as desserts and fried foods. Talk to your healthcare provider and ask them to make changes in your diet that will help you avoid gallstones and other health problems as well.