Why Do People Choose Laparoscopic Gallstone Removal Surgery in Kolkata?
A large chunk of the population is dealing with gallstones nowadays. More than 6.2% of adults in India are suffering from gallstones and have to seek immediate help. At that point, the first question that arises is which procedure to choose.
- Several treatment options are there for gallstone in Kolkata. However, most people prefer laparoscopic surgery due to the various benefits it offers. Following are the factors that make laparoscopic surgery the most preferred treatment method for gallstone in Kolkata:-
- The surgery is not invasive and involves only one small incision.
- Complete removal of gallstones with the help of a laparoscope.
- There is a lesser risk of bleeding due to the small size of incisions.
- The body also heals quicker as the sutures are minor.
- Less painful as compared to open surgery in which pain after surgery is almost unbearable and the patient has to rely on medication to subside the pain.
- It results in no big and visible scars on the body as laparoscopy is done through minor incisions that can heal completely.
- Fewer chances of recurrence and complications.
Laparoscopy is the treatment that can help you get rid of the ailments most safely. So, if you are suffering from gallstones and seeking to get the best treatment in Kolkata, you can choose laparoscopy surgery after consulting with an experienced and reliable surgeon.
Consult With The Best Gallstone Specialists In Kolkata At Pristyn Care
If you have gallstones or other issues related to the digestive system, then you need to contact a gastroenterologist. They are the specialists who deal with such disorders most effectively.
Pristyn Care has a team of highly experienced gallstone doctors who ensure that people get the best treatment. Instead of having to wait in line for hours to meet doctors, you can book an online consultation with Pristyn Care and learn everything you want to know about gallstone treatment in Kolkata.
You will also have the liberty to choose the schedule and date suitable for you. Besides this, we have medical coordinators who work round the clock to make the entire treatment hassle-free for the patients. Best-in-line equipment and tools are made available for the surgery to increase the chances of success.
Laparoscopy is the technology that our gallstone specialists use as it’s the safest procedure available for gallstone/gallbladder removal. If you want to make sure that a skilled and experienced surgeon performs the surgery, you can rely on Pristyn Care’s in-house medical team.
Pristyn Care Associates With The Top Gallstone Hospitals In Kolkata
We have an association with top hospitals in Kolkata that includes:-
- Repose Clinic and Research Centre in Tollygunge
- Daffodil Hospital in Lake Town
- Iris Hospital in Tollygunge
- Mercy Hospital in Topsia
- Horizon Hospital in Bhowanipore
- DD10 in New Town
Aligning with these hospitals has allowed Pristyn Care to provide superior healthcare services to the people of Kolkata. All the hospitals that work in collaboration with us are well-known and reputed daycare centers where you can get laparoscopic treatment for gallstones in Kolkata without any hassle.
We make sure that all the hospitals and clinics are fully-equipped to handle all kinds of cases in the most optimal way. The USFDA approved advanced surgical methods will remove the stones completely and also reduce the chances of recurrence.
Visit Our Nearby Clinic For Gallstone Treatment In Kolkata
If you think that finding a clinic near you is difficult, then let Pristyn Care guide you to the most suitable place. We have an association with many regional clinics to make our services accessible for everyone living in Kolkata.
From Gobra to Kalighat, Lake Town to New Town, Tollygunge to Topsia, we have clinics in various parts of the city so that gallstone treatment in Kolkata is accessible to as many people as possible.
If you are residing in nearby localities like Chetla, Ultadanga, Auropota, Bosetala, New Alipore, Panchanna Pally, Kishanagar, Vivek Nagar, Sardarhat, etc. these clinics will still be within your reach.
You can call us ahead to book an appointment with a doctor and we will prepare everything for your treatment promptly. You can also pay a visit to the clinics for consultation and same-day treatment by contacting us.
How To Contact Pristyn Care For Gallstone Surgery In Kolkata?
To get the best surgical treatment for gallstone in Kolkata, you can contact us in the following ways:-
- You can call us at the above Mobile Number and speak to our medical coordinator.
- You can click on the Book Appointment Form and fill in the patient’s details. We will get back to you at the earliest.
- You can also complete the details of the patient into the Form you can find on the right-hand side of the screen.
We Offer Permanent Treatment Of Gallstones In Kolkata
The permanent cure for gallstones is laparoscopic cholecystectomy during which the surgeon removes the gallbladder. When the gallbladder is removed, you won’t be at risk of developing gallstones.
In general cases, only the gallstones are removed followed by dietary and lifestyle changes. However, in severe cases, the gallbladder is removed to prevent even the slightest chances of recurrence of gallstones.
If you want to get the permanent treatment of gallstones in Kolkata without facing any hassle, you can get in touch with us now.
How do gallstones form?
A gallstone is a stone that forms inside the gallbladder due to precipitated bile components. The presence of gallstones is called cholelithiasis. The common reasons for gallbladder stone formation are:
- Bile containing too much cholesterol
- Bile containing excessive bilirubin
In all these cases, the excess cholesterol and bilirubin may start to crystallize and eventually turn into stones. Besides the above-mentioned reasons, there are two other factors that impact gallstone formation. The first one is the frequency and ability of the gallbladder contractions. If the contractions are incomplete and infrequent, the bladder won’t empty properly and cause the bile to become over concentrated. The second factor is the presence of proteins in the liver and bile that either promote or inhibit gallstone formation.
Initially, the size of these stones is equal to a grain of sand. However, it can grow quickly and become as large as a golf ball. Moreover, the gallbladder may contain one or multiple stones of smaller or equal size.
What are the different types of gallbladder stones?
Gallbladder stones are divided into three different types based on their composition. These types are explained below:
- Cholesterol Stones- It is the most common type of gallstone. Around 35% to 90% of stones present in gallstones are cholesterol stones. They can be light yellow, dark green, brown, or chalk white in color and have an oval shape. Usually, their size is between 2 to 3 cm long, but they can also grow larger if left untreated for a long time.
- Pigment Stones- This type of gallstone is composed primarily of bilirubin, which is an insoluble bilirubin pigment polymer, and calcium (calcium phosphate) salts present in the bile. Around 2% to 30% of stones present in the gallbladder are bilirubin or pigment stones. They are small and often dark in color.
- Mixed Stones- Also known as brown pigment stones, they are composed of 20-80% of cholesterol. The rest of the constituents can be calcium carbonate, palmitate phosphate, bilirubin, and other bile pigments, such as calcium bilirubinate, calcium palmitate, and calcium stearate. These types of stones usually form when the biliary tract gets infected.
All these three types of stones can be present in the gallbladder altogether or alone. But in each scenario, you will need proper treatment for them.
Why should gallbladder stones not be left untreated?
When left untreated, gallbladder stones can turn into a serious medical issue. If you don’t take a proactive approach for your health and consult a doctor to remove the stones, it can cause the following complications:
- Inflammation of the gallbladder(Cholecystitis)- When the stone gets stuck in the bladder, it will cause inflammation, severe pain, and fever.
- Blockage of the common bile duct- When the stones enter the bile duct and get stuck there, it causes infection in the bile duct, jaundice, and severe pain as well.
- Blockage in the pancreatic duct- Pancreas is connected to the bile duct directly. Hence, there is a high possibility that the stones can travel to the pancreatic duct as well. If this happens, it will cause inflammation in the pancreas (also known as pancreatitis). Due to the inflammation, you will experience intense and constant pain in the abdomen and may need immediate hospitalization.
- Gallbladder cancer- Frequent occurrences of gallstones can increase the risk of gallbladder cancer as well. Though it is rare, it is better that you seek proper treatment to reduce the chances of gallbladder cancer.
Ignoring gallbladder stones is not advisable under any circumstances. You should consult a doctor and discuss what you can do to get rid of the stones permanently.
Prevention of Gallbladder Stones
It is mostly our lifestyle that increases the risk of gallbladder stone formation. Therefore, you can prevent gallstones by making the following changes in your daily life:
- Do not skip meals- Try your best to stick with the usual meal times each day. Skipping meals can cause excess bile secretion and deposition.
- Lose weight slowly- Being overweight is a risk factor for gallstone development. So, if you are trying to lose weight, take things slow. Don’t push your body to its limits in order to lose weight as rapid weight loss can cause the liver to secrete extra cholesterol, which can further increase the risk of gallstones.
- Eat high-fiber foods- Foods that are rich in fiber ensure that the levels of bad cholesterol in the body are minimal. Furthermore, fiber keeps the digestive system moving and helps to flush out the bile from the body. Therefore, it is crucial that you add more fiber to your diet.
- Exercise regularly- It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to do an extensive workout, being physically active is enough. The less you move, the slower the digestion process will be. As a result, the bile won’t flush out correctly. Invest some time in exercising and leave the sedentary lifestyle behind.
- Take prescribed medications- People who are at high risk of developing gallstones due to heredity or other factors can take medicines to lower the risk of gallstone formation.
You can talk to a gallstone specialist to find out what else you can do to prevent gallstones.
Dietary Changes for Gallstones
The food items that you eat on a regular basis have a significant impact on the body. If you eat a healthy and balanced diet and combine it with physical activities, it can lower the risk of gallstone development to almost negligible.
According to experts, the ideal diet for gallstones consists of:
- Fiber-rich foods like fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Whole grains, including brown rice, oats, whole wheat bread, etc.
- Fewer refined carbohydrates and less sugar.
- Healthy fats, such as fish oil and olive oil that helps to contract the gallbladder.
Along with knowing what foods to eat, you should also keep your cravings in check and avoid unhealthy fats, such as desserts and fried foods. Talk to your healthcare provider and ask them to make changes in your diet that will help you avoid gallstones and other health problems as well.