What are the generic tests recommended to diagnose urological diseases?
Some ways and tests through which your urologist identifies the underlying diseases include:
- Physical Exam: This includes visual checkups and generic questions on your ongoing symptoms and current health and medical history.
- Digital Rectal Exam (DRE): This is done to physically examine the prostate gland and check for any irregularities.
- Blood Tests: This includes prostate-specific antigen(PSA) blood tests, creatinine, and blood urea nitrogen (BUN) blood tests, and testosterone blood tests. These are done to identify the underlying causes of inflammation, kidney disorders, and erectile dysfunction, respectively.
- Urine Tests: This includes urine analysis, urine culture, and 24-hour urine tests. These are typically done to identify any growth of bacteria, blood cells, and foreign particles in your kidney.
- Imagining Tests: This includes X-ray, ultrasound, and CT Scan to see through the internal images of kidney, ureter, urethra, bladder, testicles, and prostate glands and help identify any irregularities.
- Semen Tests: These are done to measure the quality and motility of sperms in males struggling with infertility.
Which are the best hospitals for urology treatments in Kolkata?
Pristyn Care works with some of the best and most advanced multi-specialty hospitals in Kolkata. All our hospitals are highly reputed, follow the strictest COVID safety guidelines, and have excellent infrastructural facilities.
Some of the hospitals we are associated with are:
- Repose Hospital, Topsia
- Repose Hospital, Tollygunge
- AAIMS Hospital, Tollygunge
- Daffodil Hospital, Salt Lake
- DD10 Hospital, Salt Lake
- DD10 Hospital, Topsia
- AICRS Hospital, Salt Lake
- Flemming Hospital, Topsia
- Flemming Hospital, Tollygunge
- Flemming Hospital, Salt Lake
- Mercy Hospital, Salt Lake
- Mercy Hospital, Tollygunge
- Mercy Hospital, Topsia
- Revive Nursing Home, Salt Lake
- IRIS Hospital, Topsia
- IRIS Hospital, Tollygunge
- Seba Hospital, Salt Lake
- Seba Hospital, Topsia
- Techno Dama Hospital, Topsia
- Techno Dama Hospital, Salt Lake
- Techno Dama Hospital, Tollygunge
- Health Point Hospital, Topsia
- Health Point Hospital, Tollygunge
- HHP, Tollygunge
- Horizon Hospital, Topsia
- Horizon Hospital, Tollygunge
- Royd Hospital, Topsia
- Royd Hospital, Tollygunge
- Kasturi Das Memorial, Tollygunge
- Horizon Hospital, Topsia
- Medview Hospital, Topsia
- Medview Hospital, Tollygunge
- Dreamland Nursing Home, Salt Lake
- Dreamland Nursing Hospital, Topsia
- Mohan Clinic Hospital, Topsia
- Mohan Clinic Hospital, Tollygunge
Why choose Pristyn Care for urology treatments in Kolkata?
You should choose Pristyn Care for urology treatments in Kolkata to get a hassle-free surgery experience. We don't only offer you some of the safest and advanced treatment methods but are committed to adding ‘care’ to the ‘healthcare’. Some of the unique benefits of choosing Pristyn Care, Kolkata are:
- More than 7-15 years of experienced urology surgeons: Our urology surgeons are some of the most experienced, reputed, and well-known in Kolkata. This ensures your surgery is quick, safe, and risk-free, at all times.
- Advanced treatment methods: We use some of the most advanced treatment methods for urological treatments including LASER, stapler/ZSR methodology for male circumcision, hydrocelectomy for patients of hydrocele, and treatment procedures like PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy), URSL(Ureteroscopic lithotripsy), ESWL (Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy), and RIRS (Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery) for patients of kidney stones. Our tools and methodologies are USFDA approved and ensure safety and operation ease.
- Fertility Solutions: In case you are struggling with infertility, we are a holistic health care center and can help you with multiple solutions such as IUI and IVF. We hold some of the highest success rates and have helped thousands experience healthy parenthood.
- 100% privacy and confidentiality: Whatever you discuss or take treatment of, stays only between your doctor and you. No information is ever compromised or shared with a third party without your consent.
- Safe and most advanced Multispeciality Hospitals: We are partnered with some of the best and well known Kolkata hospitals. Our associated clinics and hospitals follow the strictest COVID safety guidelines at all times and have excellent infrastructure to ease your patient experience.
- End-to-end insurance assistance: When you choose Pristyn Care, you are free of all hassles surrounding your surgery including insurance. Our dedicated insurance team will help assist you on your individual case and policy and help you end-to-end.
- Zero Cost EMI option: We also provide you ‘Zero Cost EMI option’. In case, budget is a constraint for you, choose this option, get operated timely, and simply pay later in smaller installments.
- Free Transportation: Wherever you are in Kolkata, you do not have to worry about how you will reach or come back from the hospital. We offer you free pick and drop service on the day of your surgery and make sure your surgery experience is seamless.
- Free Follow-up: After your surgery, we also offer you a free follow-up. Here, our doctors ensure you are feeling better and recovering well.
How to prepare for urology treatments?
- Discuss all your symptoms, current medical health, and past trajectory with your doctor honestly.
- Undergo the necessary diagnostic tests and plan the timing of your surgery accordingly.
- If you are a patient with unstable sugar/ BP levels, your doctor will give you certain medications and a dietary plan. Follow it strictly to help aid the treatment on time.
- Restrict smoking, drinking, and use of recreational drugs at least a month before your surgery date.
- Discuss your current medications and supplements in detail. You might be asked to halt certain medications before surgery, especially- blood thinners.
- Apply for some medical leaves and see if someone could help you with household chores as you rest and recover from your treatment procedure.
- Bring along a friend/ accompaniment to help you drive home after your surgery.
How is the recovery like after urology treatments?
With the advancement in medical sciences and new age technologies, basic recovery after urology treatments happens within 2-3 days and you can resume your standard regular routine by this time. You could also rejoin your school/ office within 2-3 weeks while following recovery guidelines.
However, note that urology is a vast medical discipline, and recovery guidelines and time length varies differently for each patient depending on case to case. Please discuss the same elaborately with your doctor and plan your recovery routine accordingly.
How to book an appointment for urology treatment with Pristyn Care in Kolkata?
Booking an appointment with Pristyn Care, Kolkata is very simple. You can either-
- Call us directly through the number mentioned on our site/ top of this page. And our medical coordinator will guide you step by step through all the details.
- Fill our ‘Book my Appointment’ form on the top right column. It has just four basic columns as ‘Your name’, ‘City’, ‘Disease’, and ‘Contact number’. Simply fill in these details and click submit. Rest assured, your details are never shared with any third party and our coordinators will reach you within 24 hours. On this callback, we can help clear all your doubts on treatments methods, costing, our list of operating surgeons and hospitals along with your doubts on insurance coverage.
We could also arrange an online/offline consultation with your doctor. Once connected with your urologist, you can discuss your health elaborately and decide the best date and time to undergo the treatment.