How do doctors at Pristyn Care treat kidney stones?
Kidney stones that are smaller in size may cause mild discomfort, and in such cases, the patient is suggested to drink around four quarts of water every day to flush the urinary system. If a patient chooses to do so, pain relievers will be prescribed along with alpha-blockers and other medications to make the flushing easier. However, in the case of larger stones, this method does not prove to be effective as the stones are too big to be passed, and the patient is presented with several other treatment options. If other options fail to work, the doctor may recommend kidney stone removal.
Minimally invasive Surgical Treatments for Kidney Stone Removal
The location and size of the kidney stones are two of the main factors that influence the choice of treatment. Stones that are above. 0.5 centimeters are considered larger in size and are less likely to pass without surgery. The surgical treatments provided by our kidney stone doctor in Kolkata are minimally invasive and highly effective. Minimally invasive surgery for kidney stone removal is completed in lesser time (compared to open or conventional surgery), requires no extensive incisions and stitches, and causes minimal scarring pain.
Some of the most common techniques used for minimally invasive surgical treatment for kidney stone removal in Kolkata are listed as follows:
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL)- Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy can be done only if the stones are up to two centimeters and are not located in the lower region of the kidney. This is the least invasive kidney stone removal procedure and it makes use of X-rays, or ultrasound imaging to locate the stones, which are then broken down into smaller fragments with the help of shockwaves. The smaller stone fragments are later passed out.
- Ureteroscopy with laser lithotripsy (URS) - This procedure is done if kidney stones are located either in the ureter or anywhere else in the kidney. The procedure makes use of a small fiber-optic ureteroscope which is inserted into the ureter through the bladder. The ureteroscope allows the surgeon to locate the stone, after which a laser is used to break the stone into smaller pieces which are later passed out with urine.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL) - PCNL is the most effective treatment alternative for removing kidney stones that are larger than 2 centimeters in size, or when there are other anatomic complications. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy is done by making a half-inch incision in the back through which the stones are extracted by the surgeon with the help of a nephroscope. As the surgery involves just a half-inch incision, the patient is required to stay at the hospital just for one night for general observation.
- Retrograde intrarenal surgery (RIRS)- The retrograde intrarenal surgery is done with the help of a fiber-optic endoscope which goes through the urethra into the kidney. The procedure is performed under the influence of general, spinal, or local anesthesia and does not involve any incisions. Only a specialized urologist with training in retrograde intrarenal surgery is qualified to perform the procedure. There are a multitude of benefits that this minimally invasive surgery has over traditional open surgeries. For starters, the surgery is quick, painless, involves no incisions or stitches, does not cause blood loss, and offers a quicker recovery.
Pristyn Care is proud to have a dedicated team of experienced and skilled urologists and surgeons who are always at the disposal of patients and do their best to provide them with the utmost comfort. If you are experiencing symptoms like pain in the lower back, lower abdomen, pain while urinating, nausea, and vomiting, you should see a urologist immediately as such symptoms usually point towards the presence of kidney stones.
Our regarded and experienced doctors for kidney stone removal in Kolkata
The experienced and accomplished team of doctors and surgeons at Pristyn care has gained immense success in treating complicated cases of kidney stones in patients of various ages. the minimally invasive kidney stone removal surgery allows the patient to go home the same day and enables a quicker and safer recovery too. The best-in-class equipment, a team of skilled and trained doctors, and medical professionals along the warm, home-like environment are just some of the features which make the treatment easier for the patient.
What is the Estimated Cost of less-invasive kidney stone removal in Kolkata?
The estimated cost of kidney stone removal in Kolkata varies as per the treatment suggested. The estimated cost of different treatment options for kidney stone removal in Kolkata from Pristyn Care are-
- URSL- INR 65,000 to INR 75,000
- RIRS- INR 95,000 to INR 1,05,000
- ESWL- INR 35,000 to INR 45,000
- PCNL- INR 65,000 to INR 75,000
However, depending on the patient’s medical needs and health condition, the hospital where the procedure is performed and the type of anesthesia used, the cost of the surgery can vary. Pristyn Care hospitals provide the best kidney stone surgery in Kolkata. There is no upfront payment needed or running after insurance authorities. Pristyn Care team does all the paperwork and formalities on your behalf.
What are the benefits of undergoing less invasive kidney stone removal surgery?
Benefits of minimally to less-invasive surgery for kidney stone removal in Kolkata from Pristyn Care are:
- Painless procedure
- 1 day hospital stay
- Faster and pain-free recovery
- More effective and simpler compared to traditional surgery for kidney stone removal
- Minimal to no blood loss and postoperative discomfort
- Less downtime from regular activities
- No cuts or incisions
- No surgical scars
- No risk of infections or recurrence
- Instant relief from the pain
- Swift recovery
- Resume work within 48 hours
- Insurance approved
- No upfront payment
- COVID safe clinics and hospitals
Schedule an appointment at a Pristyn Care clinic for kidney stone removal surgery in Kolkata
Book an appointment with Pristyn Care surgeons in Kolkata to undergo kidney stone removal surgery with less invasive techniques. Our medical coordinators are just a call away from helping you get a pain-free solution for the troubling problem of kidney stones. You can also drop your details in the “Book Appointment” form present on this page and we will contact you soon. You can also consult our expert doctors and surgeons from the comfort of your home via online video consultation.