What happens if you delay kidney stone removal in Bangalore?
Some kidney stones can pass out on their own. But if the stone is large in size or is causing an obstruction in the urinary tract, the urologist will suggest surgery to treat the condition effectively. A major risk of delaying kidney stones is hydronephrosis. Hydronephrosis is a serious medical condition caused due to a blockage in the ureter, often caused due to kidney stones stuck in the ureter. Kidney stones increase the risk of developing chronic kidney disease. lf you have had one stone, you are at increased risk of having another stone. Those who have developed one stone are at approximately 50% risk for developing another within 5 to 7 years. Severe kidney damage associated with untreated or large kidney stones often occurs without any symptoms, which is why it is very important to undergo kidney stone removal surgery to treat the condition. Kidney stones have various complications. Further delaying kidney stone removal can lead to kidney damage or even permanent kidney failure.
What are the benefits of undergoing kidney stone removal surgery in Bangalore from Pristyn Care?
Benefits of minimally to less-invasive surgery for kidney stone removal in Bangalore from Pristyn Care are:
- No cuts or incisions (only 1 small cut of 1cm in PCNL surgery)
- No post-operative surgical scars
- No risk of infections or recurrence
- 100% success rate
- Instant relief from the pain
- Quick and easy recovery
- Resume normal life within 48 hours
Types of kidney stone removal surgeries in Bangalore at Pristyn Care
Urologists at Pristyn Care are highly qualified and are absolutely familiar with the modern surgeries and latest equipment and specialize in the most advanced treatment of kidney stones, including URSL, RIRS, ESWL, and PCNL. The type of procedure performed will depend on the size and location of the stone and whether the stone is blocking the urinary tract or not.
Pristyn Care aims to provide the best treatment for kidney stones based on cutting edge technologies in Bangalore. We have a team of the best kidney stone specialists in Bangalore who are well trained to perform complex surgeries in a very seamless manner. Pristyn Care is committed to delivering the best in class laparoscopic, laser, and shock wave treatment for kidney stones.
Modern kidney stone treatments performed by Pristyn Care’s expert urologists are the most successful treatment options for kidney stones and are safe, involve no major incisions, and leave behind no complications or risks. The surgeries are performed on a daycare basis, so no need to stay in the hospital for long. The recovery is very fast and smooth and you’ll recover completely within no time. So, if you are facing the problem of kidney stones, you can visit Pristyn Care for the most advanced and reliable treatment for kidney stones in Bangalore.
Kidney Stone Removal Options In Bangalore at Pristyn Care
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL), percutaneous nephrolithotripsy (PCNL), retrograde intrarenal surgery (RIRS), and ureteroscopic lithotripsy (URSL) are now standard methods for the treatment of urinary stones. common treatment options for LPS between 10 and 20 mm in size include shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL), retrograde intrarenal surgery (RIRS), and percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL).
Surgical techniques have also been developed to remove kidney stones when other treatment methods are not effective. Kidney stone removal surgeries at Pristyn Care in Bangalore are minimally invasive in nature. The surgeon may remove the kidney stone through a small incision in the lower back (PCNL), with the minimally invasive procedure of ureteroscopy (RIRS or URSL) or with extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL).
Most advanced and less invasive procedures for kidney stone removal in Bangalore at Pristyn Care
ESWL (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy)- It uses shock waves to break the kidney stone into small pieces that can move through the urinary tract & pass from the body.
URS (Ureteroscopy)- In this, the ureteroscope is passed through the urethra and into the ureter to remove a stone using laser energy.
RIRS (Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery)- It is a procedure for doing surgery within the kidney using a flexible ureteroscope to remove the upper ureter and small kidney stones
PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy)- It is a minimally invasive procedure in which large kidney stones are removed through a small incision in the skin.
What is the Estimated Cost of less-invasive kidney stone removal in Bangalore?
The estimated cost of kidney stone removal in Bangalore varies as per the treatment suggested. However, depending on the patient’s medical needs and health condition, the cost of the surgery can vary. Pristyn Care hospitals provide the best kidney stone surgery in Bangalore. The estimated cost of different treatment options for kidney stone removal in Bangalore from Pristyn Care are-
- URSL- INR 65,000 to INR 75,000
- RIRS- INR 95,000 to INR 1,05,000
- ESWL- INR 35,000 to INR 45,000
- PCNL- INR 65,000 to INR 75,000
Why choose Pristyn Care for your kidney stone removal surgery in Bangalore?
Benefits of undergoing kidney stone removal surgery in Bangalore at Pristyn Care-
- 30 minutes procedure
- Painless procedure
- 1-day hospital stay
- Faster and pain-free recovery
- More effective and simpler compared to traditional surgery for kidney stone removal
- Minimal to no blood loss and postoperative discomfort
- Less downtime from regular activities
- No risks, complications recurrence, or side effects
- No surgical scar after recovery
- Insurance approved
- No upfront payment
- COVID safe clinics and hospitals
Best Urologists in Bangalore for the most advanced kidney stone removal surgery
Pristyn Care is associated with the best urologists for the most advanced kidney stones treatment in Bangalore. Our urologists are highly qualified and skilled and have treated severe cases of kidney stones without any complications. The expertise of Pristyn Care’s surgeons, coupled with the most advanced treatment procedures ensures a seamless medical experience for you. Pristyn Care is associated with 4 urologists in Bangalore.
Dr. Bivek Kumar, who completed his MBBS from MSMRC, Bangalore in 2009, MS from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochin, in 2013, and M. Ch. from Vyedhi Institue of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Bangalore, in 2017 and has 11 years of experience.
Dr. Pramod Adiga, who completed his MBBS from Maharastra University of Health Sciences, in 2010, MS from Saurashtra University in 2015, and M. Ch. from RGUHS, in 2019 and has 10 years of experience.
Dr. Chethan JV, who completed his MBBS from SDUMC, Kolar in 2008, MS from JNMC, Belgaum in 2013, and M. Ch. from JNMC, Belgaum in 2016, and has 12 years of experience.
Dr. Uday Bhaskar, who completed his MBBS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, in 2005, MS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, in 2009, and M. Ch. from Sr Ram Chandra University in 2012 and has 15 years of experience.
Nearest Urology Clinic for kidney stone removal in Bangalore
In Bangalore, Pristyn Care has its clinics operational in JP Nagar, Koramangala, Kundalahalli. If you are living in Bangalore and are dealing with a kidney stone problem, consult our best urologists at a Pristyn Care clinic near you. Once you clear all your doubts with the doctor, you can undergo kidney stone treatment at a nearby Pristyn Care partner hospital.
Nearest Urology Clinic for Kidney Stone Removal in Bangalore
Pristyn Care has several clinics in Bangalore. People living near Doddakannelli, Bhoganhalli, Richard Xavier's Colony, Muneshwara Swami Layout, ST Bed Layout, Indira Nagar, Mallappa Reddy Layout, AK Colony, Kadubeesanahalli, 1st Block Koramangala, Belur Nagasandra, Panathur, Chandana, Ejipura, Anepalya, BTM Layout, HSR layout, Bhuvanappa Layout, Pukhraj Layout, Bilekahalli, Chikkalasandra, Banashankari, Someshwara Nagar, Bendre Nagar, Vinayaka Nagar, Shankarapura, Basavanagudi, Kathriguppe, Vivekananda Nagar, Kanaka Nagar, Jarganahalli, JP Nagar, can easily visit a Pristyn Care clinic near them. Consult the best urologist in Bangalore for pain-free kidney stone removal.
Nearest Cities to Best Clinic for kidney stone surgery in Bangalore
People living near Bangalore including Thalli, Bidadi, Hoskote, Doddaballapura, Nelamangala, Agara, Kanakapura, Ramanagara, Nandi Hills, Vijayapura, Whitefield, Makali, Ghati Subramanya, Palya, Begur, Sompura, Hoodi, Huskuru, Jigani, Marsur, Karpur, Anekal, Gabbadi, Solur, etc can visit a Pristyn Care clinic in Bangalore to consult the best doctors for kidney stone treatment in Bangalore.
How Pristyn Care Is Associated With Top Hospitals In Bangalore?
Pristyn Care is partnered with some of the best, well-reputed, and well-equipped hospitals for kidney stone removal in Bangalore. Undergo the most advanced and painless kidney stone removal surgery in Bangalore from top hospitals associated with Pristyn Care. Here are some best hospitals in Bangalore associated with Pristyn Care-
- Apollo Cradle
- Apollo Hospital Seshadripuram
- Aveksha Hospital
- Brookfield hospital
- Dr. Tulip
- Gawai hospital
- Gopala Nethralaya
- Hosmat Hospital
- Kshema hospital
- Lifeplus Hospital
- Marigold Hospita
- Marvel Hospital
- Motherhood Hospital
- Navya Super Speciality
- Nelivigi Multispeciality Hospital
- Oncology International India
- Oxor Meridian Hospital
- Q Medical Center
- Rafi life care Hospital
- Rajnandini Hospital
- Regal Multispeciality Hospital
- RMV Hospital
- Sahasra Hospital
- Santosh Hospital
- Sparsh Hospital
- Sri Sai Hospital
- Vasavi Hospital
- Zion Hospital
How To Book An Appointment at a Pristyn Care Clinic for kidney stone removal surgery in Bangalore?
If you or any of your acquaintances are suffering from kidney stones in Bangalore and are looking for an instant and the most advanced treatment option, you can contact Pristyn Care for the best and painless treatment of kidney stones in Bangalore. Book an appointment now with Pristyn Care surgeons in Bangalore to undergo kidney stone removal surgery in Bangalore. You can also consult our expert doctors and surgeons from the comfort of your home via online video consultation.
Different treatment options for kidney stones based on the size and location of the stone.
Kidney stones or renal calculi occur in different shapes or sizes depending on how long they are present in the body. Sometimes, these renal stones are minute and get flushed out through urine without medications or therapies. However, some stones can be stubborn and keep on accumulating over a period of time. Renal stones of such stubborn nature often obstruct ureteral passage or even form staghorn calculus. Some of the treatment options for kidney stones are as below-
Non-surgical methods - When the size of the stone is less than 5mm, urologists usually recommend non-surgical procedures for removing kidney stones. These may include home remedies, therapeutic medicines, medications such as pain-relievers, etc., that can help flush out kidney stones. The doctors usually recommend drinking excess water and staying hydrated to increase the fluid concentration in the urine. Several medications for kidney stones include -
- Ibuprofen (Advil) for pain
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain
- Naproxen sodium (Aleve) for pain
- Allopurinol (Zyloprim) for uric acid stones
- Thiazide diuretics to prevent calcium stones from forming
- Phosphorus solutions to prevent calcium stones from forming
- Sodium bicarbonate or sodium citrate to make the urine less acidic
In addition, the doctor may recommend some alpha-blockers such as tamsulosin (Flomax), dutasteride, etc., that can help the muscles in your ureter relax, making it easier for you to pass the stone quickly and with less pain.
Surgical methods - Surgical or less invasive procedures are regarded as the most effective way to treat large kidney stones. Doctors usually recommend surgical procedures for kidney stones if the size of the stones is greater than 5mm. There are 4 procedures to remove kidney stones -
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (URSL) - It is a non-invasive surgery that uses external shockwaves to break the stones into smaller pieces. The patient is administered spinal anesthesia to reduce the pain as the stones are flushed out of the body. ESWL is a conventional procedure that may require multiple sittings to break the stones completely.
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy/Nephrolithotripsy (PCNL) - PCNL is an advanced procedure to treat kidney stones of size greater than 14mm. It is also known as tunnel surgery due to the nature of small incisions. It involves small incisions near the flank area while the patient is under general anesthesia. The surgeon then uses a nephroscope to locate and break the stones into smaller pieces. If the stone is removed in its intact state, it is called nephrolithotomy, and if the stone is broken into smaller fragments, it is termed as nephrolithotripsy.
- Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS) - RIRS is an advanced procedure to treat kidney stones with sizes between 8mm to 15mm. The patient is first administered with either spinal or general anesthesia for a painless procedure. The doctor then inserts a thin, flexible endoscope attached with a tiny laser on the other end. The stones are subsequently broken into smaller fragments and flushed out through urine. The surgeon may choose to insert DJ stents before RIRS treatment. Stents enlarge the passage of the urinary tract for smooth movement of stones. The stents are removed when the stones are thoroughly flushed out of the body.
- Ureteroscopic lithotripsy (URSL) - Similar to RIRS, ureteroscopic lithotripsy also uses a thin ureteroscope that is attached to the camera and laser on the other end. URSL is also an effective surgical option for moderately sized kidney stones. The camera guides the surgeon inside the body to locate and break the stones. The urologists may insert ureteral stents to ease the movement of stones during the expulsion. The patient is administered with local or general anesthesia for a painless procedure.
What to expect after your kidney stones procedure?
The patient is usually under the effects of anesthesia after the surgery and may suffer from mild dizziness and discomfort in case of stent insertion. Patients who have undergone invasive surgery may feel slight numbness around the site of the incision. Doctors at Pristyn Care guide you through the recovery period and monitor your health regularly to ensure you are in the best of your health. You may experience the following after your kidney stone surgeries -
- A small amount of bleeding in your urine for a few days to a few weeks after the surgery due to stent insertion.
- Mild pain and nausea as the stones are expelled from the body after the treatment.
- Some bruising on the back or side after your shock waves lithotripsy procedure.
Complications of untreated kidney stones
Kidney stone is a major condition that usually results in unbearable pain. However, people are at greater risk if they ignore the symptoms by prolonging the treatment. It can lead to several complications that can eventually become life-threatening-
- Hydronephrosis - When the stone blocks the ureteral passage, it creates difficulty for the urine to completely drain out from the kidneys. This leads to the accumulation of urine in the kidneys, causing swelling of a kidney. Hydronephrosis can occur in one or both kidneys, depending on the size and number of stones.
- Renal scarring - Urinary tract infection is a common bacterial illness that occurs due to prolonged kidney stones in the ureter. These stones can cause continuous scarring around the stone damaging the tissues and organs around the kidneys causing permanent renal failure.
- Kidney failure - Prolonged kidney stones can cause loss of kidney functions which can result in the need to remove either of the kidneys (nephrectomy).
Advantages of choosing Pristyn Care for kidney stones surgery in Bangalore.
Pristyn Care is a full-stack healthcare service provider associated with some of the best hospitals and clinics across the country. The aim is to ease the process of accessing advanced treatment and surgeries for every patient at minimal costs. Pristyn Care has some of the best urologists and kidney stone specialists with years of experience in PCNL, RIRS, URSL, and ESWL to ensure a very high success rate. Most kidney stones surgeries are daycare which do not involve any incision (except for PCNL, which involves minimal incision) and offer faster recovery. Some of the benefits of choosing Pristyn Care for kidney stones treatment are -
- Highly experienced urologists- Our team of kidney stones surgeons are fully trained and certified to perform painless surgeries with a success rate of over 95%. Our urologists will discuss all the necessary information about kidney stones before the surgery. This allows our surgeons to offer comprehensive treatment and make our patients aware of the certain risks involved during the treatment.
- Care Buddy- Pristyn Care has a unique concept of 'care buddy' who is present with the patient on the day of the surgery. This care buddy takes care of all the paperwork and various formalities from admission to the hospital till discharge.
- Insurance approval- A dedicated team at Pristyn Care assists with the insurance approvals for kidney stones surgeries within 30 minutes. However, the insurance approval depends on the type of your insurance company and the terms and conditions set by them. Our team of experts will do their best to help you claims any benefits from the medical insurance.
- Flexible payment options- Pristyn Care offers various modes of payments for kidney stones surgeries with no cost EMI. In addition, we accept credit cards and cash payments for the procedure.
- Free pick-up and drop facility- Pristyn Care provides free cab services for pick-up and drop-off to each patient within the city on the day of kidney stones surgery.
- Free follow-up consultation- A smooth and faster recovery is essential after the treatment. Pristyn Care provides free follow-up consultation and proper diet charts to all the patients who have undergone kidney stones surgery for a quick recovery process.
- COVID-19 safe environment - During the COVID crisis, Pristyn Care ensures proper sanitization of all the OTs and clinics before each surgery to curb the spread of the COVID. It is our top priority to maintain excellent hygiene and social distancing while providing a seamless patient experience.
Booking an Appointment with the best urologist for kidney stones surgery
Pristyn Care has some of the best urologists with adequate training and years of experience in kidney stone surgeries. Our doctors and surgeons are upskilled in performing advanced treatment for the best results. You can book an appointment with the kidney stones doctors at Pristyn Care to get rid of excruciating kidney stones pain in the following ways:
- You can fill out the patient form on our website www.pristyncare.com. A team of medical coordinators will reach out to you at the earliest to gather details from your end once the appointment form is submitted. The appointment will be subsequently fixed with the concerned urologist according to your schedule.
- You can directly connect with our medical coordinators via the contact number on our website. A team of dedicated medical coordinators will gather inputs from your end and connect you with the kidney stones doctor near your area and book your appointment consecutively.
- You can also book an appointment through our Pristyn Care app. Our medical coordinators will arrange an offline or online consultation with our kidney stones experts near your area at the earliest via video call. A nominal consultation fee will be charged.