Book Free Appointment
IUI is a fertility treatment in which sperm is directly placed into the uterus of the woman. When couples have problems with their health, they often fail to conceive through the natural process. In IUI, the sperm is washed and concentrated and placed directly into the uterus, bringing a better chance for the sperm to come closer to the egg.
Top Fertility Specialists
Association With Advanced Labs
Home Sample Collection
The Ob-Gynecologists at Pristyn Care are well-experienced in conducting thorough diagnoses to provide the best suitable IUI treatment to the patient. There are a few diagnostic tests the gynecologist may recommend to detect the underlying cause of infertility:
IUI fertility treatment is done at a specialized fertility clinic. If you rely on a sperm donor for the process, the donor sperm will be thawed and prepared. If you are using your partner’s sperm, his semen will first be evaluated. The male partner can also use semen from a sterile home collection kit but should get the semen to the clinic within one hour of collection. It is to be noted that the collected semen is stored at room temperature until it reaches the clinic.
In the clinic, the semen would go through a ‘washing’ procedure in order to remove all impurities from it, leaving only what is needed to get the female pregnant.
The female would have to lie down on her back, just the way for any cervical/ vaginal exam. The doctor uses a speculum to gently open the vagina. The ‘washed’ semen will then be placed inside the uterus through the catheter. Since the sperm is directly placed inside the uterus, there is no chance of the sperm falling out. However, you’ll remain reclined on the exam table for 10 to 30 minutes following the insemination.
In Our Doctor's Word
MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynaecology
12 Years Experience
"More often than not, people directly start to consider IVF. This is perhaps because of its popularity in media and pop culture. But medically, the IUI, that is- intrauterine insemination is always the first course of action. It is simpler, cheaper and shows direct result in cases of mild male factor infertility, endometriosis-related problems or infertility because of cervix. This is why I'll suggest do not just blindly go for treatments. Do your research, tests and seek the root cause of infertility. Only that can decide the best assisted reproductive method for you."
Delivering Seamless Surgical Experience in India
Your safety is taken care of by thermal screening, social distancing, sanitized clinics and hospital rooms, sterilized surgical equipment and mandatory PPE kits during surgery.
A dedicated Care Coordinator assists you throughout the surgery journey from insurance paperwork, to free commute from home to hospital & back and admission-discharge process at the hospital.
It usually should not be more than 72 hours since his last ejaculation in order to ensure the best motility. If the low sperm count is the reason for IUI, it is generally best to wait 48 hours between ejaculation and sperm collection for the IUI.
There are no physical restrictions after IUI. The patient can carry the daily activities without worry. You might notice some spotting after the process, but that is absolutely normal.
IUI, or intrauterine insemination, is a relatively simple fertility treatment. It may be done with or without fertility drugs.
The average cost of IUI treatment may range between INR 20,000 to INR 40,000. However the average cost may depend on various factors like:
The certifications of a must include one/ more of the following qualifications:
You should consult an IUI specialist if you have been wanting to conceive for more than a year but have failed despite regular and unprotected sex.
While you can continue to try natural methods for as long as you want, getting medical help without delay would help you understand the root cause of infertility and provide an effective and immediate solution. Also, since age is an important factor in reproduction, it is important that you take an early decision. Some prominent markers that you should consider artificial reproductive methods is when:
Yes, age is an important factor in reproduction, both by natural and artificially assisted methods including IUI.
Though with advancing technology, the age cap on healthy pregnancy has been extended to over fifty, age is still a primary factor in female reproductive health. Doctors suggest mid-thirties as a good age for women to start considering infertility treatments such as IUI if they have been trying but failing to conceive naturally despite a year or more of trial.
Yes, couples struggling with secondary infertility can opt for IUI treatments. However, which method is best for you depends directly on your age, diagnostic results, and the root of your infertility.
Yes, when combined with a few lifestyle changes and hormonal treatments IUI can be an excellent option for women struggling with infertility because of PCOS.
Any infertility clinic or IUI lab is as good as its doctors and its technologies. Thus some of the factors you can look at are its board certifications, years of experience, and history of success rates.
Yes, with advancing technologies and increasing awareness, babies born through IUI treatments are just as healthy as any other child born through natural conception methods. However, like any other assisted technology, the treatment requires you to carefully follow all the suggested instructions and remain patient and positive throughout the treatment.
As you progress through your IUI cycle, you may experience the following side effects. However, please note, they are absolutely normal and shall subside as you slowly move through your pregnancy.
At Pristyn Care clinic, the doctors provide the best IUI treatment in Bangalore. Our board-certified OB-Gyns are highly experienced and offering advanced solutions to increase the success rate of conception. Infertility cannot be controlled. But, there are several excellent technologies and ways to help couples embark on the journey of parenting and nurturing a new life. With the best, safest, and most effective IUI treatment for infertility in Bangalore, we at Pristyn Care are constantly trying to deliver happiness in the lives of people. All the clinics are well-equipped with state-of-the-art medical instruments to make the IUI treatment as smooth as possible.
IUI (Intrauterine Insemination), in the simplest sense, is to place the concentrated and washed semen directly into a woman’s uterus.
This is why, for it to work, you need three essential factors:
This is why, as you prepare for IUI, your infertility specialist consults you to run a few diagnostic tests to specifically understand the health condition of both partners and investigate their family’s medical history. We suggest you and your partner both take these tests simultaneously as they are essential to devise the right fertility plan best suited for you.
Another key factor in IUI is your body weight. Your body weight is a direct result of your hormones, health, and metabolism. And if any of it fluctuates, it affects your ovulation and quality of eggs and sperm production. This is why, if your body weight is not proportional to your height, we suggest you consciously work on it. Include some moderate exercises, slow yoga, and breathing exercises in your everyday life. Switch to a healthier diet and eat at the set and regular intervals. This would not help you achieve a healthy weight, but also train your body to produce the right hormones and fluids at the right time, thus preparing you for pregnancy.
Also, as the base rule, we suggest, the couple quits smoking, drinking, and recreational drugs along with a cut down on caffeinated products and packaged food. These not only affect your fertility but also raise unwanted anxiety and heart palpitations.
Tests advised for male partners before IUI are as follows:
1. Semen analysis – As the name suggests, semen analysis is the lab test of your sperm sample. This is done to understand the health, quality, and motility of your sperm count.
2. Imaging tests – Imagining tests are the tests that use specialized ultra rays to print an internal image of the human body and note down any specific abnormality. For male infertility, these tests typically include ultrasound and MRI of male genital areas.
3. Hormone testing – The hormone testings are done to estimate the balance of testosterone and other male hormones in the male. If need be, your doctor could also refer you to a reproductive endocrinologist for this.
4. Testicular biopsy – In rare cases or for males in their late 40’s, a testicular biopsy may be employed. This is done using a tissue sample from the male scrotum. The sample is then sent for a lab test for depth analysis on any particular abnormality or growth of abnormal cells in the male reproductive system.
5. Genetic testing – As the name suggests, genetic testing is used to examine the presence of any contributing genetic defect to the couple’s infertility.
Tests advised for female partners before IUI are as follows:
1. Blood tests – Blood tests are typically the first tests conducted to examine your health history and primary reasons for infertility. These test your hormone and thyroid levels and help filter any abnormalities
2. Imaging tests – Imaging tests such as pelvic ultrasound, MRI, and sonography are the second immediate tests to diagnose female infertility. This helps examine structural abnormalities in the uterus and ovaries of women. If need be, laparoscopy or hysteroscopy may be employed.
3. X-ray hysterosalpingogram (HSG) – HSG test is done to examine any structural blockages in the fallopian tubes. For this, your OB-GYN injects a clinically safe dye inside your cervical opening and monitors its movement through your fallopian tube.
4. Ovulation testing – Ovulation test is a simple blood test done to determine if you are ovulating or not. Based on the same, your OB-GYN puts you on ovulation drugs.
5.Test for ovarian reserve – As the name suggests, ovarian reserve tests help examine the number of eggs available in your ovaries for ovulation. For the same, your doctor does a few hormone testings at the beginning of your menstrual cycle.
6. Endometrial Biopsy- Endometrial biopsy is a definitive test done to check any abnormalities in the endometrial lining of the female uterus. For this, your OBGYN uses a tissue sample of your uterine lining and sends it for a lab test.
Book Your FREE Consultation Now
Consult with our expert surgeon for more than 50+ diseases
Once you share your details, our care coordinator will get in touch with you.
The coordinator will understand your symptoms and health condition in detail.
Your consultation will be scheduled at the earliest.
Thanks for booking!
Our care coordinator will call you shortly.
Get much more with Pristyn Care App
Book Slot for Covid Precaution Dose
Access/Share your and family’s Vaccination Certificate anytime
Create your Ayushman Bharat health account