How to prepare for IUI treatment
There are a few tips you can follow to prepare for IUI treatment to increase the success rate:
- Refrain from smoking
- Avoid consumption of alcohol
- Eat healthy food items
- Maintain regular body weight
- Try doing physical exercises regularly
- Avoid stressful situations
Best clinic for IUI treatment in Delhi
At Pristyn Care clinic, the doctors provide the best IUI treatment in Delhi. Our board-certified OB-Gyns are highly experienced and offering advanced solutions to increase the success rate of conception. Infertility cannot be controlled. But, there are several excellent technologies and ways to help couples embark on the journey of parenting and nurturing a new life. With the best, safest, and most effective IUI treatment for infertility in Delhi, we at Pristyn Care are constantly trying to deliver happiness in the lives of people. All the clinics are well-equipped with state-of-the-art medical instruments to make the IUI treatment as smooth as possible.
Effective & Advanced IUI treatment in Delhi
The IUI treatment in Delhi at Pristyn Care is advanced and effective. Our Ob-gyn use advanced medical instruments and up-to-the-minute technique to provide the best IUI treatment in Delhi. The doctor takes absolute care of the cycle to detect the most accurate time for artificial insemination. The IUI procedure takes place step by step after a thorough diagnosis to increase the chances of conception. The Pristyn Care Delhi IUI specialized center houses some of the best infertility gynecologists and Ob-gyn. They are trained to successfully help couples get pregnant with the modern methods of artificial inseminations.
Book an appointment with the best OB-Gyn in Delhi for IUI treatment at Pristyn Care
There are three easy ways to book an appointment with the best Ob-gyn for IUI treatment in Delhi:
- Call the number mentioned on the page to speak to our medical coordinator to have detailed conversation about IUI treatment in Delhi. Our medical coordinator will book an appointment with the best Ob-gyn available in Delhi on your behalf.
- Fill in the form ‘Book Your Appointment’ with all the necessary details. Our medical coordinator will call you at the earliest to provide you with complete assistance regarding IUI treatment in Delhi.
- You can also book an online consultation with the best Ob-gyn for IUI treatment in Delhi by downloading the Pristyn Care’s mobile application.
How to prepare for IUI treatment?
IUI (Intrauterine Insemination), in the simplest sense, is to place the concentrated and washed semen directly into a woman’s uterus.
This is why, for it to work, you need three essential factors:
- 1.Healthy semen
- 2.Healthy eggs
- 3.Healthy uterus
This is why, as you prepare for IUI, your infertility specialist consults you to run a few diagnostic tests to specifically understand the health condition of both partners and investigate their family’s medical history. We suggest you and your partner both take these tests simultaneously as they are essential to devise the right fertility plan best suited for you.
Another key factor in IUI is your body weight. Your body weight is a direct result of your hormones, health, and metabolism. And if any of it fluctuates, it affects your ovulation and quality of eggs and sperm production. This is why, if your body weight is not proportional to your height, we suggest you consciously work on it. Include some moderate exercises, slow yoga, and breathing exercises in your everyday life. Switch to a healthier diet and eat at the set and regular intervals. This would not help you achieve a healthy weight, but also train your body to produce the right hormones and fluids at the right time, thus preparing you for pregnancy.
Also, as the base rule, we suggest, the couple quits smoking, drinking, and recreational drugs along with a cut down on caffeinated products and packaged food. These not only affect your fertility but also raise unwanted anxiety and heart palpitations.
What are the diagnostic tests done for male partners before IUI?
Tests advised for male partners before IUI are as follows:
- 1. Semen analysis – As the name suggests, semen analysis is the lab test of your sperm sample. This is done to understand the health, quality, and motility of your sperm count.
- 2. Imaging tests – Imagining tests are the tests that use specialized ultra rays to print an internal image of the human body and note down any specific abnormality. For male infertility, these tests typically include ultrasound and MRI of male genital areas.
- 3. Hormone testing – The hormone testings are done to estimate the balance of testosterone and other male hormones in the male. If need be, your doctor could also refer you to a reproductive endocrinologist for this.
- 4. Testicular biopsy – In rare cases or for males in their late 40’s, a testicular biopsy may be employed. This is done using a tissue sample from the male scrotum. The sample is then sent for a lab test for depth analysis on any particular abnormality or growth of abnormal cells in the male reproductive system.
- 5. Genetic testing – As the name suggests, genetic testing is used to examine the presence of any contributing genetic defect to the couple’s infertility.
What are the diagnostic tests done for female partners before IUI?
Tests advised for female partners before IUI are as follows:
- 1. Blood tests – Blood tests are typically the first tests conducted to examine your health history and primary reasons for infertility. These test your hormone and thyroid levels and help filter any abnormalities
- 2. Imaging tests – Imaging tests such as pelvic ultrasound, MRI, and sonography are the second immediate tests to diagnose female infertility. This helps examine structural abnormalities in the uterus and ovaries of women. If need be, laparoscopy or hysteroscopy may be employed.
- 3. X-ray hysterosalpingogram (HSG) – HSG test is done to examine any structural blockages in the fallopian tubes. For this, your OB-GYN injects a clinically safe dye inside your cervical opening and monitors its movement through your fallopian tube.
- 4. Ovulation testing – Ovulation test is a simple blood test done to determine if you are ovulating or not. Based on the same, your OB-GYN puts you on ovulation drugs.
- 5.Test for ovarian reserve – As the name suggests, ovarian reserve tests help examine the number of eggs available in your ovaries for ovulation. For the same, your doctor does a few hormone testings at the beginning of your menstrual cycle.
- 6. Endometrial Biopsy- Endometrial biopsy is a definitive test done to check any abnormalities in the endometrial lining of the female uterus. For this, your OBGYN uses a tissue sample of your uterine lining and sends it for a lab test.
What is the step-by-step procedure of IUI?
IUI is a comprehensive artificial reproductive technology that typically begins with the start of your menstruation and ends with a pregnancy test. This is usually a 2-3 weeks process and follows the following steps:
- Infertility consultation and diagnostics – As the first step, your OB-GYN first listens to your individual struggle with infertility, medical health, family history and suggests corresponding diagnostics. With the test results of both partners, your infertility specialist lists down the possible fertility options, their process, risks, and success rates. This then proceeded with a guideline on lifestyle and dietary changes along with a list of ‘dos and don’ts’ and support on mental health.
- Tracking of egg production and ovulatory drugs- If the tests identify problems with your ovulation, the OB-GYN recommends fertility drugs (either injected directly in the stomach or given as a pill for the next 8-12 days) to stimulate the egg production.
- Ultrasound and monitoring of the blood – As the ovulation amplifies, you are required to visit your clinic/ hospital every 2-3 days. Here your OB-GYN monitors your egg development through hormone tests and ultrasounds. Based on the same, you decide the best time for IUI.
- Sperm harvesting – Then, based on the results of male infertility tests, you decide if you will use your partner’s semen sample or donor eggs. You also get to choose between fresh sperms or frozen sperms. In case you go ahead with fresh sperms, the male partner needs to produce it at the fertility clinic by masturbating. As for frozen sperms, they are defrosted and washed to get a clean and concentrated sample.
- Insertion of sperm – This is less than a 10-minute step. For this, once the female is ready with ovulation, the OBGYN places the washed and concentrated sperm sample directly into her uterus. While the process is short and quick, it may cause slight cramps and discomfort. However, this shall slowly ease as you rest.
- 2 weeks waiting period-This period is slightly critical. This is why, as you wait for successful insemination, it is best you keep your mind light, the body active, and diet perfectly healthy.
- Pregnancy test – This is the final step of the IUI treatment. Here your doctor checks for pregnancy through HCG and blood tests. If the process turns successful, the pregnancy is monitored. If not, you and your doctor decide to either repeat the entire procedure or choose an alternate line of treatment such as IVF