Get Painless & Scarless Lipoma Treatment in Delhi
At Pristyn Care, you can undergo the advanced painless and scarless treatment method for lipoma. The minimally invasive technique allows the doctors to remove the fatty tissues through excision and liposuction. Both are safe techniques with high success rates to ensure that lipoma is removed permanently.
Lipoma affects at least 1% of people across the globe. People often ignore lipoma as it is a harmless tumor consisting of fatty tissues. However, it can cause several complications, such as:
- Wound infection
- Seroma where fluid starts to accumulate under the skin
- Hematoma, blood clot formation outside the blood vessels
- Hemorrhage, abnormal blood flow caused by ruptured blood vessels
- Keloid that appears as an abnormal growth after injuries
- Nerve injury
To avoid these complications, it is important that you consult a lipoma doctor without any delay and explore your treatment options.
Experienced Lipoma Surgeons in Delhi
To provide best-in-class treatment for lipoma in Delhi, Pristyn Care houses a team of experienced surgeons who specializes in performing lipoma excision and liposuction. Our dedicated cosmetic/plastic surgeons understand that people pay special attention to aesthetics and do not want to get a scar for the removal of the fatty lump. Hence, we carry out the scarless procedure for lipoma removal.
During the consultation, our doctors will diagnose the condition and determine the severity of the disease by looking at the size of the lump. A biopsy is also done to rule out the possibility of cancer. Our doctors will diagnose you thoroughly to make sure that lipoma doesn’t pose any kind of risk to your health. Our doctors even provide post-surgery care to ensure that the patients recover faster after the surgery.
Why choose Pristyn Care for lipoma removal in Delhi?
Pristyn Care not only has the best team of plastic surgeons for lipoma treatment but also works in collaboration with many top hospitals and clinics in Delhi. We have state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technology to ensure that the patients get a hassle-free and comfortable surgical experience.
We also provide other benefits to the patients that make our service preferable to other daycare providers in Delhi. It includes:
- Safe procedure at COVID-proof hospitals and clinics
- A team of expert lipoma surgeons with the necessary qualification and ample experience
- Multiple financing options, such as zero-cost EMI and cashless payment
- Free cab service for commute on the day of surgery
- Dedicated care buddy to take care of your specific needs and hospital formalities
- Free post-surgery care and follow-ups after lipoma excision surgery
All these services are beneficial for the patients in every aspect and make lipoma treatment in Delhi cost-effective and accessible. If you are seeking advanced treatment for lipoma, book an appointment with our doctors and consult them for permanent lipoma removal.
Different Types of Lipomas
Typically, all lipomas are composed of fat tissues. However, in some cases, the lump may consist of blood vessels and other tissues as well. Based on this, lipomas are classified into the following types:Angiolipoma- Contains fat and blood vessels and also causes pain.
- Conventional Lipoma- Contains white fat cells that store energy.
- Fibrolipoma- Consists of fat and fibrous tissue.
- Hibernoma- Consists of brown fat that are responsible for generating heat and helps to regulate body temperature.
- Myelolipoma- This type of lipoma contains fat and tissues that contain blood cells.
- Spindle Cell Lipoma- They have a spindle-like shape of the fat cells.
- Pleomorphic- This type of lipoma has fat cells of different shapes and sizes.
- Adenolipoma- New variant of superficial lipoma in which eccrine sweat glands are present with fatty tumors.
All these types of lipoma are non-cancerous. However, some of them may cause pain and discomfort due to the composition. Therefore, it is crucial that you get the lipoma diagnosed and get proper treatment for it.
What is lipomatosis?
Lipomatosis, also known as hereditary multiple lipomatosis, is a medical condition due to which multiple lipomas start to form in different parts of the body, such as the neck, head, shoulders, back, thigh, etc. This autosomal dominant condition is characterized by the appearance of symmetric lipomas, typically in the extremities and trunk region.
Lipomatosis is also associated with Gardner’s syndrome and Madelung’s disease. The treatment method for single lipoma and multiple lipomas is the same. The fatty lump is excised carefully and the patient is asked to take certain precautions to prevent the formation of these fatty lumps.
What are the side effects of lipoma removal surgery?
Though the lipoma removal procedure is safe and minimally invasive, there are still possibilities that you will experience some side effects from the surgery. The common side effects include:
- Bruising- Immediately after the surgery, there will be bruises around the site from where the fatty lump is removed.
- Swelling- The swelling in the region where the lump existed will be swollen for a week or so. The swelling will subside gradually as the wound heals.
- Infection- There is a possibility that the internal organs may come in contact with external contaminants and cause infection. Even the wound can get infected if it gets wet.
- Injury to the Nearby Structures- In some situations, it is possible that lipoma is present directly over an organ. Hence, during the surgery, the nerves, tissues, or the organ itself may get damaged during the procedure.
- Hematoma Formation- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is blood clot formation. If the wall of a blood vessel is injured during lipoma removal, blood clots may start to form outside the vessel into the surrounding tissue.
- Excessive Scarring- In rare instances, lipoma treatment may leave major scars on the body. It usually happens when the size of lipoma is big and its removal is difficult.
- Seroma- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is the collection of fluid, i.e., blood plasma and inflammatory fluid that is produced by the injured cells. Early or improper removal of stitches can also cause seroma sometimes.
Recovery Tips After Lipoma Surgery
Immediately after the surgery, you will be asked to take complete bed rest for at least 24 hours. The doctor will also prescribe some pain medicine and NSAIDs to reduce your pain, swelling, fever, and also minimize the chances of infection. Before discharge, the doctor will prepare a complete recovery guide that will include self-care tips, precautions, dos, and don’ts as well.
- Do not let the incisions get wet. Avoid taking baths or getting in hot tubs for at least 4 weeks.
- Wash the incision with soap and warm water. Dry the wound and put on new clean bandages. This will prevent the wound from getting infected.
- Apply ice over the wound for the next few days after surgery to reduce the swelling.
- Do not indulge in physical activities, especially lifting heavy weights as they can tear up the stitches.
- Avoid driving for the next few days until approved by the doctor.
- Eat a normal diet that consists of healthy and nutritious items, including fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
If you notice some signs of post-surgery complications, such as excessive bleeding from the wound, persistent swelling, nausea, vomiting, high fever, etc., contact your healthcare provider right away.
How to prevent lipomas?
Generally, lipoma prevention is not possible as it usually occurs due to inherited conditions. They are passed down in families through genes. Therefore, it is almost impossible to prevent them.
However, in one condition, you may be able to prevent lipomas from developing. This is applicable when lipomas are caused by Madelung’s disease. You can prevent the fatty lumps from growing by limiting your alcohol intake.
You can discuss other plausible methods to prevent lipomas with a lipoma specialist in Delhi.