Get Proper Treatment for Lipoma At Pristyn Care
Although lipoma is a harmless tumor, it should not be left untreated for a long time. Lipoma grows at a very gradual rate and can become as large as 10cm if not removed. It can also lead to certain complications, such as:
- Wound infection
- Nerve injury.
We understand that having a lump on your body doesn’t look good. And it can also become painful if the lump grows so big that it starts compressing the nerves. That’s why our doctors encourage patients to opt for the painless and scarless lipoma removal procedure. Under the care of our expert surgeons, you can safely have lipoma excision surgery and get rid of the lump permanently. Consult with Pristyn Care doctors in Chennai and learn more about your treatment options for lipoma.
Pristyn Care offers Best-in-Class Services for Lipoma Surgery in Chennai
Whether you have a lipoma on your neck, forearms, thighs, abdomen, or any other part of your body, you can consult with Pristyn Care surgeons. We provide optimal care and state-of-the-art facilities to the people who seek lipoma treatment with us. We provide a comprehensive care package that includes:
- Experienced and highly skilled surgeons
- USFDA approved modern diagnostic and surgical tools
- Free pick and drop service on the day of surgery
- Assistance with insurance paperwork for the treatment
- Finance options, such as No-cost EMI and cashless payment
- Dedicated care buddy for assistance during the hospital stay
- Free post-surgery care and follow-ups for a smoother recovery
From the initial consultation until you heal completely, our medical and non-medical staff will be available to assist you at every step of the treatment. If you want to undergo lipoma removal surgery at the hands of expert surgeons, get in touch with us and find the nearest Pristyn Care clinic in Chennai.
Book An Appointment with Pristyn Care to get Advanced Lipoma Treatment
You can either call us or fill the appointment form to book a consultation with the best doctors for lipoma treatment in Chennai. Our doctors will diagnose you thoroughly and employ the best techniques to cure lipoma and provide permanent relief. You can consult with our doctors face to face or you can opt for online consultation to discuss your problem with an expert through a call.
Different Types of Lipomas
Typically, all lipomas are composed of fat tissues. However, in some cases, the lump may consist of blood vessels and other tissues as well. Based on this, lipomas are classified into the following types:Angiolipoma- Contains fat and blood vessels and also causes pain.
- Conventional Lipoma- Contains white fat cells that store energy.
- Fibrolipoma- Consists of fat and fibrous tissue.
- Hibernoma- Consists of brown fat that are responsible for generating heat and helps to regulate body temperature.
- Myelolipoma- This type of lipoma contains fat and tissues that contain blood cells.
- Spindle Cell Lipoma- They have a spindle-like shape of the fat cells.
- Pleomorphic- This type of lipoma has fat cells of different shapes and sizes.
- Adenolipoma- New variant of superficial lipoma in which eccrine sweat glands are present with fatty tumors.
All these types of lipoma are non-cancerous. However, some of them may cause pain and discomfort due to the composition. Therefore, it is crucial that you get the lipoma diagnosed and get proper treatment for it.
What is lipomatosis?
Lipomatosis, also known as hereditary multiple lipomatosis, is a medical condition due to which multiple lipomas start to form in different parts of the body, such as the neck, head, shoulders, back, thigh, etc. This autosomal dominant condition is characterized by the appearance of symmetric lipomas, typically in the extremities and trunk region.
Lipomatosis is also associated with Gardner’s syndrome and Madelung’s disease. The treatment method for single lipoma and multiple lipomas is the same. The fatty lump is excised carefully and the patient is asked to take certain precautions to prevent the formation of these fatty lumps.
What are the side effects of lipoma removal surgery?
Though the lipoma removal procedure is safe and minimally invasive, there are still possibilities that you will experience some side effects from the surgery. The common side effects include:
- Bruising- Immediately after the surgery, there will be bruises around the site from where the fatty lump is removed.
- Swelling- The swelling in the region where the lump existed will be swollen for a week or so. The swelling will subside gradually as the wound heals.
- Infection- There is a possibility that the internal organs may come in contact with external contaminants and cause infection. Even the wound can get infected if it gets wet.
- Injury to the Nearby Structures- In some situations, it is possible that lipoma is present directly over an organ. Hence, during the surgery, the nerves, tissues, or the organ itself may get damaged during the procedure.
- Hematoma Formation- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is blood clot formation. If the wall of a blood vessel is injured during lipoma removal, blood clots may start to form outside the vessel into the surrounding tissue.
- Excessive Scarring- In rare instances, lipoma treatment may leave major scars on the body. It usually happens when the size of lipoma is big and its removal is difficult.
- Seroma- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is the collection of fluid, i.e., blood plasma and inflammatory fluid that is produced by the injured cells. Early or improper removal of stitches can also cause seroma sometimes.
Recovery Tips After Lipoma Surgery
Immediately after the surgery, you will be asked to take complete bed rest for at least 24 hours. The doctor will also prescribe some pain medicine and NSAIDs to reduce your pain, swelling, fever, and also minimize the chances of infection. Before discharge, the doctor will prepare a complete recovery guide that will include self-care tips, precautions, dos, and don’ts as well.
- Do not let the incisions get wet. Avoid taking baths or getting in hot tubs for at least 4 weeks.
- Wash the incision with soap and warm water. Dry the wound and put on new clean bandages. This will prevent the wound from getting infected.
- Apply ice over the wound for the next few days after surgery to reduce the swelling.
- Do not indulge in physical activities, especially lifting heavy weights as they can tear up the stitches.
- Avoid driving for the next few days until approved by the doctor.
- Eat a normal diet that consists of healthy and nutritious items, including fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
If you notice some signs of post-surgery complications, such as excessive bleeding from the wound, persistent swelling, nausea, vomiting, high fever, etc., contact your healthcare provider right away.
How to prevent lipomas?
Generally, lipoma prevention is not possible as it usually occurs due to inherited conditions. They are passed down in families through genes. Therefore, it is almost impossible to prevent them.
However, in one condition, you may be able to prevent lipomas from developing. This is applicable when lipomas are caused by Madelung’s disease. You can prevent the fatty lumps from growing by limiting your alcohol intake.
You can discuss other plausible methods to prevent lipomas with a lipoma specialist in Chennai.