Get Proper Treatment for Sebaceous Cysts in Chennai
There is a possibility that the sebaceous cyst may resolve on its own. However, they can also come back after some time. Most cysts don’t cause problems but in some cases, they can get infected and pose a threat to your health and life. In such cases, treatment becomes important. Many people also choose to get treatment for cosmetic reasons.
So, no matter what your reasons are for seeking treatment for sebaceous cysts, you can always get in touch with Pristyn Care. We leverage the advanced as well as conventional techniques to provide best-in-class treatment for sebaceous cysts in Chennai.
Don’t Delay Treatment for Sebaceous Cysts and Put Your Health At Risk
If you believe that every kind of skin lump is normal, you should be wary. Not all kinds of skin lumps are harmless. Though sebaceous cysts are normal skin lumps, they also have a potential risk of becoming malignant. When the cyst gets infected, it causes redness and inflammation in the area. Moreover, there is also a risk that the cyst will rupture and the infected cyst content will leak out and spread to the surroundings. Due to the infection that is present in the fluid, there will be a higher risk of blood poisoning and sepsis.
To prevent all this from happening and to make sure that the cyst doesn’t put your health at risk, it is crucial that you seek proper treatment without any delay. Visit the nearest Pristyn Care clinic and consult with any of our doctors in Chennai to explore your treatment options.
Talk To Pristyn Care’s Experienced Surgeons To Make An Informed Decision
Pristyn Care understands the importance of having an experienced and reliable doctor while a person is seeking medical care. Thus, we house a team of certified and highly-skilled plastic surgeons who can perform sebaceous cyst excision surgery with minimal risks. They will explain the entire procedure to the patient prior to the surgery along with risks and post-surgery effects. This will help you make an informed decision about having surgery for sebaceous cyst removal.
Along with helping the patient to understand the procedures, our doctors also help to prepare the patient before surgery and guide them after surgery. They are available for pre and post-surgery consultations and also ensure that the entire treatment is comfortable.
Our non-medical staff also plays a great role in providing a hassle-free treatment experience. They will be of assistance 24/7 and ensure that every aspect of the treatment is streamlined at every step.
Why choose Pristyn Care for sebaceous cyst treatment in Chennai?
Whether you are seeking treatment for a sebaceous cyst or any other disease, Pristyn Care is the ideal destination. We provide personalized care to all our patients with additional benefits, including:
- Offering top-grade and comprehensive care at the best clinics and hospitals in Chennai.
- Housing a team of trustworthy and experienced doctors.
- Assisting the patients throughout the treatment journey.
- Assisting with all insurance-related paperwork and claim processes.
- Offering flexible payment options, such as cashless payment, No-Cost EMI, etc.
- Giving discounts on diagnostic tests and offering free cab service on the day of surgery.
- Providing post-surgery care and consultation without any additional charges.
Keeping a COVID-19 safe environment and sanitizing the premises. Pristyn Care is dedicated towards making everything easier for the patients. Our medical and non-medical staff work together to help the patient overcome all the hurdles that are commonly faced by the patients.
Book An Appointment with Pristyn Care Today
To consult with our esteemed plastic surgeons in Chennai for sebaceous cyst treatment, you only need to book an appointment with us. And even for that, we have three simple ways:
- You can give us a call at the number given at the top.
- You can fill out the “Book Appointment” form and submit your details.
- Download our patient application and confirm an appointment with any of our doctors.
Use any of the above methods to confirm the appointment and you can also opt for either online and offline consultation mode. We, at Pristyn Care, aims to simplify every aspect of treatment for the patients.
Sebaceous Cyst Vs. Epidermoid Cyst
A sebaceous cyst is commonly found on the face, neck, and torso. It usually forms when the sebaceous glands are damaged or traumatized due to cuts, injuries, or surgical wounds. It is a non-cancerous and slow-growing cyst that may cause pain or put pressure on the area.
Unlike a sebaceous cyst, an epidermoid cyst is a slow-growing benign cyst that is commonly found on the face, neck, head, and genitals. It appears when keratin starts to build up under the skin. The epidermoid cyst has a skin-colored, tanned, or yellowish appearance and is filled with thick material. An epidermoid cyst may become swollen or red if it gets inflamed or infected.
How to prepare for sebaceous cyst removal?
To prepare your body for a surgical procedure, the doctor will first ask you to get tested properly. These tests will evaluate your overall health and help the doctor to determine what precautions need to be taken during sebaceous cyst removal.
Other than tests, the doctor may ask the following things to prepare you for the surgery:
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Do not try to press or pop the cyst.
- Do not eat anything 8 hours before the surgery.
- Avoid wearing makeup on the day of surgery.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes that you can change easily before and after the procedure.
- Keep your insurance papers ready prior to admission to the hospital.
Besides these, no further preparations are required for sebaceous cyst removal surgery. The anesthetist will also ask if you have an allergy to some foods or compounds to determine what type of anesthesia will be appropriate to use. Standard tests, like liver function tests, blood tests, blood pressure examinations, etc. will also be performed right before the surgery.
Sebaceous Cyst Surgery Recovery Time & Tips
As sebaceous cyst excision is not a major surgery, the patient recovers quickly without any complications. The complete recovery time after sebaceous cyst surgery is around 2-3 weeks and that too if the cyst was infected or very large. After a small-sized cyst excision, the patient may only need around 1 week to recover completely.
On the day of surgery, you will be asked to take complete rest as the body will still have the lingering effects from anesthesia. Here are some tips that you should follow during the recovery phase to get back to your daily routine as soon as possible:
- Keep the wound covered with a dry bandage. There may be some drainage from the wound for a couple of days. So, you’ll have to change the bandages frequently.
- If gauze is placed over the wound, you may have to get it removed after some time. Or the doctor will tell you how to remove the gauze yourself.
- If oral antibiotics or pain medications are prescribed by the doctor, make sure that you take the medicines as directed.
- Do not push your body to its limits after surgery.
- There will be no restrictions on diet. But it will be better if you eat a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of fiber and water content.
- Take follow-ups with the doctor after the first week and then as suggested to monitor the recovery and identify complications (if any) before they become serious.
You can contact the doctor for help at any time during the recovery as well.