What are the home remedies for sebaceous cysts?
Many people believe that it is possible to treat sebaceous cysts and other benign cysts at home. However, you should be aware that doing so only makes them worse. Picking, rubbing, or squeezing the cyst will cause more damage and aggravate the symptoms. The only home remedy that can work is ‘keeping the cyst clean and dry’. Until you feel ready to see a doctor, make sure that you practice good hygiene to prevent the cyst from getting infected. If the cyst is already infected, keep it clean. Wash it with a clean cloth and dab it dry. brOther than this, no other home remedies work for sebaceous cysts. So, if the cyst is not infected or causing pain, you can wait for them to go away on their own. However, if the cyst is infected, it is advisable that you visit a doctor promptly to get proper treatment.
Get advanced sebaceous cyst treatment in Gurgaon at Pristyn Care
At Pristyn Care, you can get advanced treatment for sebaceous cyst in Gurgaon. We have highly experienced plastic surgeons who are trained in all kinds of traditional and modern surgical procedures. The two of the most common procedures performed for sebaceous cyst treatment are conventional wide excision and minimal excision. Both these procedures are safe and effectively remove the cyst and cyst wall. brThe doctor will diagnose the cyst thoroughly and then recommend the most appropriate treatment method. Our doctors will explain everything about the surgery. Once you learn all about the treatment procedure, risks, complications, and benefits, you can make an informed decision. brThe doctors will only proceed after you feel satisfied with the options and give your consent. You will undergo surgery at one of our partnered hospitals or clinics in Gurgaon. Pristyn Care also ensures that all of our associated medical centers have state-of-the-art facilities and provide optimal care. So, you can rest assured knowing that you are in good hands.
What are the complications associated with sebaceous cyst removal surgery?
- As sebaceous cysts are usually small, their removal is a complex procedure. During the surgery, the following complications can occur:brThe contents of the cyst may get sprayed over the nurses and doctors present in the operation theater.
- The cyst wall may not come out completely from a tiny incision. A previously ruptured or inflamed cyst already has adjacent scarring that will preclude removal with minimal excision technique.
- The cyst wall may break during the procedure extending the duration of the surgery. A blood clot may develop after the cyst wall is removed as an open space is created beneath the skin during the removal.
- The doctors may find out that the sebaceous cyst is actually a tumor that is invading the surrounding tissues. Due to this, the doctor may need to switch to the conventional wide excision technique to remove the tumor.
- brIt takes an experienced surgeon to mitigate the aforementioned risks and complications and carry out the surgery safely. That’s why Pristyn Care has highly experienced doctors who are well-trained and have ample knowledge to perform the surgery safely.
Choose Pristyn Care for effective treatment of sebaceous cyst
- Pristyn Care provides comprehensive care for sebaceous cyst treatment in Gurgaon. We provide services that make the patient journey simple and comfortable. Our services include:brWe schedule the doctor’s appointment as per the patient’s convenience.
- Our medical coordinators handle all the treatment-related formalities.
- We book diagnostic tests at the partnered labs, if required and provide discounts.
- We provide transportation service on the day of surgery without additional charges.
- A care buddy is appointed to handle the hospital-related formalities and personal needs of the patient.
- A deluxe room is provided in the hospital for a hassle-free stay.
- We have a flexible payment system and also provide a No-Cost EMI service.
- We provide free post-surgery care and follow-ups to the patients.
- Our dedicated insurance team will also work round-the-clock to help you get maximum claims to cover the cost of treatment. brAt every step of the journey, one of our representatives will stay in touch with you to handle the paperwork and other responsibilities. Our services will not only remove the obstacles patients often face while seeking medical care but also make it affordable.
Book An Appointment with Pristyn Care Doctors Today
- To contact the best plastic surgeons in Gurgaon for sebaceous cyst treatment, you can contact Pristyn Care. We have some of the best doctors who have more than 8 years of experience in treating sebaceous cysts and other conditions like lipoma and gynecomastia. brIf you wish to consult them, it is important that you book an appointment and schedule your visit. You can book the appointment through any of the following ways:brDial the number given at the top and talk to our representatives to schedule the appointment with the doctor who is available at the earliest.
- Fill the “appointment form” and submit your details. Our medical coordinators will call you back to discuss the appointment time and date at your convenience and confirm the schedule accordingly.
- Download the mobile application available on Android and iPhone. Browse the list of plastic surgeons in Gurgaon available near you and see their consultation fee, experience, and availability within the app interface. Confirm the appointment with the doctor of your choice at a date and time that suits you. brOnce the appointment is confirmed, you only need to visit the Pristyn Care clinic and discuss your problem with the doctor face to face. In case, you cannot manage to visit the clinic, you can also opt for online consultation to have a conversation with the doctor and discuss the next steps for treatment.
Take Care of Your Health After Sebaceous Cyst Excision Surgery
- Following the instructions given by the doctor after surgery is very important for a quick and smooth recovery. Many people fail to take care of their health and face problems like delayed healing, scars that don’t heal, or infection. brYou should pay attention to the doctor’s advice and follow the tips below to recover quickly:brThere is no need to take special precautions with diet unless advised by the doctor.
- Avoid driving on the day of surgery as you will be given anesthesia on the day and the after-effects will still linger after you are discharged.
- Don’t engage in strenuous physical activities until approved by your doctor.
- Keep the bandage dry and clean the surrounding area. If you are guided to change the bandages yourself, make sure that you follow the instructions carefully and clean the wound.
- Take the pain medications as directed by the doctor.
- Talk to the doctor if you wish to take other over-the-counter [OTC] pain medications.
- Visit the doctor for follow-ups as instructed without any delay. brIf throughout the recovery period, at any time, you experience symptoms like high fever, redness, swelling, or consistent pain, consult the doctor right away.
Sebaceous Cyst Vs. Epidermoid Cyst
A sebaceous cyst is commonly found on the face, neck, and torso. It usually forms when the sebaceous glands are damaged or traumatized due to cuts, injuries, or surgical wounds. It is a non-cancerous and slow-growing cyst that may cause pain or put pressure on the area.
Unlike a sebaceous cyst, an epidermoid cyst is a slow-growing benign cyst that is commonly found on the face, neck, head, and genitals. It appears when keratin starts to build up under the skin. The epidermoid cyst has a skin-colored, tanned, or yellowish appearance and is filled with thick material. An epidermoid cyst may become swollen or red if it gets inflamed or infected.
How to prepare for sebaceous cyst removal?
To prepare your body for a surgical procedure, the doctor will first ask you to get tested properly. These tests will evaluate your overall health and help the doctor to determine what precautions need to be taken during sebaceous cyst removal.
Other than tests, the doctor may ask the following things to prepare you for the surgery:
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Do not try to press or pop the cyst.
- Do not eat anything 8 hours before the surgery.
- Avoid wearing makeup on the day of surgery.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes that you can change easily before and after the procedure.
- Keep your insurance papers ready prior to admission to the hospital.
Besides these, no further preparations are required for sebaceous cyst removal surgery. The anesthetist will also ask if you have an allergy to some foods or compounds to determine what type of anesthesia will be appropriate to use. Standard tests, like liver function tests, blood tests, blood pressure examinations, etc. will also be performed right before the surgery.
Sebaceous Cyst Surgery Recovery Time & Tips
As sebaceous cyst excision is not a major surgery, the patient recovers quickly without any complications. The average recovery time after sebaceous cyst surgery is 2-3 weeks and that too if the cyst was infected or very large. After a small-sized cyst excision, the patient may only need around 1 week to recover completely.
On the day of surgery, you will be asked to take complete rest as the body will still have the lingering effects from anesthesia. Here are some tips that you should follow during the recovery phase to get back to your daily routine as soon as possible:
- Keep the wound covered with a dry bandage. There may be some drainage from the wound for a couple of days. So, you’ll have to change the bandages frequently.
- If gauze is placed over the wound, you may have to get it removed after some time. Or the doctor will tell you how to remove the gauze yourself.
- If oral antibiotics or pain medications are prescribed by the doctor, make sure that you take the medicines as directed.
- Do not push your body to its limits. In the initial days, the body itself will tell you when to resume a specific activity.
- There will be no restrictions on diet. But it will be better if you eat a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of fiber and water content.
- Take follow-ups with the doctor after the first week and then as suggested to monitor the recovery and identify complications (if any) before they become serious.
You can contact the doctor for help at any time during the recovery as well.