Seek Advanced Treatment for Sebaceous Cyst in Mumbai at Pristyn Care
If you have a lump on any part of your skin and want to get rid of it, get in touch with Pristyn Care. One of the worst things about sebaceous cysts is that they can appear at any part of the skin and can last for a lifetime without proper treatment. Though these types of cysts grow very slowly, they have the potential to become cancerous. To prevent that from happening, it is crucial that you get proper treatment.
At Pristyn Care, you can seek advanced treatment for sebaceous cysts. Our surgeons leverage the conventional wide excision method and minimal excision method, both of which are safe and effective for cyst removal. With our experienced plastic surgeons and USFDA approved techniques, we help the patients to get rid of the skin cysts in a painless and scarless manner. You can get in touch with Pristyn Care anytime and consult our doctors to learn more about the procedures.
Get Rid of Sebaceous Cysts from Any Part of Your Body
Sebaceous cysts can appear on the scalp, neck, torso, and even in the groin region. Regardless of the location, the cyst is usually filled with protein buildup and causes no harm. However, in some locations, they can cause discomfort such as the scalp. Every time you try to comb your hair, you may end up rubbing the superficial skin and increase the risk of popping out the cyst that can lead to infection. The same problem can arise in other parts of your skin.
Though most people choose the removal procedure due to cosmetic reasons, in some cases, excision of the cyst becomes a medical emergency. Therefore, it is better that you get the cyst removed while it exhibits no pain, symptoms, or other issues so that there will be negligible risks and complications associated with the procedure. You can talk to our expert surgeons to understand how sebaceous cysts can be harmful to your health and appearance and learn more about the treatment as well.
Consult Pristyn Care’s Experienced Plastic Surgeons in Mumbai
Only an experienced surgeon can guide you thoroughly regarding the treatment procedures. That’s why we house a team of plastic surgeons in Mumbai that has ample experience in performing sebaceous cyst excision as well as other cosmetic procedures. Our doctors will provide all the necessary information about the surgery, its risks, complications, and aftereffects. This will help you to make an informed decision before undergoing surgery.
Our doctors and the non-medical staff work coherently to create a safe and sound environment for the patients as well so that they can open up about their concerns without any hesitation. The doctors will clear every doubt and concern from your mind and provide an honest opinion. For our doctors, the quality of medical care and the patient’s health matters equally. Thus, they won’t suggest any choice that can jeopardize your health.
You can rely on Pristyn Care’s surgeons as they are specially trained and skilled in all kinds of procedures. They will also provide a recovery guide and post-surgery consultation whenever you need it.
Undergo Sebaceous Cyst Excision Surgery at the Best Hospital/Clinic in Mumbai
Pristyn Care is associated with top hospitals and clinics in Mumbai where you can undergo sebaceous surgery. Our partnered medical centers have state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technologies to maintain a high standard of medical care. At our clinics and hospitals, we also ensure that everyone follows the safety protocols against the spread of coronavirus and its variants. For that, we have employed thermal screening and social distancing rules for the protection of our patients under all circumstances.
You can visit the center before having the surgery there and see whether the surrounding is clean and hygienic or not. This will help you analyze the quality of service we offer. To learn more about the safety policies and other steps we take for patient’s safety, you can directly talk to our medical coordinators.
What are post-surgery care after a sebaceous cyst excision?
Generally, the sebaceous cyst removal procedure is safe and effective. However, few patients may experience minor side effects after the surgery for a while, such as redness, swelling, burning sensation, etc.
As long as you follow the care tips and instructions given by the plastic surgeon, your recovery will be smoother and faster. These tips include:
- Keep the surgical site clean and sterile.
- Apply the prescribed ointments on the wound and take all the medications as directed.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun for at least one week.
- Complete your antibiotic medicine course without failure to prevent infections.
- Take a healthy and balanced diet composed of fiber.
- Drink plenty of water and liquids.
- Continue mild and regular exercise only after the surgeon gives you permission.
If you have any questions regarding the recovery period, you can always get back to our doctors and consult them.
Book An Appointment with Pristyn Care to Get All The Help You Need
To get in touch with Pristyn Care’s medical experts, you can opt for any of the following methods:
- Give us a call and talk to our medical coordinators.
- Fill the “Book Appointment” form and confirm the appointment after talking to our representatives.
- Download the Patient mobile application and explore the list of doctors to schedule an appointment with the doctor of your choice.
You can get help from our surgeons through online or offline consultation. Our doctors will be available before surgery and for post-surgery care to provide optimal care from the first to the last step of the treatment journey.
Sebaceous Cyst Vs. Epidermoid Cyst
A sebaceous cyst is commonly found on the face, neck, and torso. It usually forms when the sebaceous glands are damaged or traumatized due to cuts, injuries, or surgical wounds. It is a non-cancerous and slow-growing cyst that may cause pain or put pressure on the area.
Unlike a sebaceous cyst, an epidermoid cyst is a slow-growing benign cyst that is commonly found on the face, neck, head, and genitals. It appears when keratin starts to build up under the skin. The epidermoid cyst has a skin-colored, tanned, or yellowish appearance and is filled with thick material. An epidermoid cyst may become swollen or red if it gets inflamed or infected.
How to prepare for sebaceous cyst removal?
To prepare your body for a surgical procedure, the doctor will first ask you to get tested properly. These tests will evaluate your overall health and help the doctor to determine what precautions need to be taken during sebaceous cyst removal.
Other than tests, the doctor may ask the following things to prepare you for the surgery:
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Do not try to press or pop the cyst.
- Do not eat anything 8 hours before the surgery.
- Avoid wearing makeup on the day of surgery.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes that you can change easily before and after the procedure.
- Keep your insurance papers ready prior to admission to the hospital.
Besides these, no further preparations are required for sebaceous cyst removal surgery. The anesthetist will also ask if you have an allergy to some foods or compounds to determine what type of anesthesia will be appropriate to use. Standard tests, like liver function tests, blood tests, blood pressure examinations, etc. will also be performed right before the surgery.
Sebaceous Cyst Surgery Recovery Time & Tips
As sebaceous cyst excision is not a major surgery, the patient recovers quickly without any complications. The average recovery time after sebaceous cyst surgery is 2-3 weeks and that too if the cyst was infected or very large. After a small-sized cyst excision, the patient may only need around 1 week to recover completely.
On the day of surgery, you will be asked to take complete rest as the body will still have the lingering effects from anesthesia. Here are some tips that you should follow during the recovery phase to get back to your daily routine as soon as possible:
- Keep the wound covered with a dry bandage. There may be some drainage from the wound for a couple of days. So, you’ll have to change the bandages frequently.
- If gauze is placed over the wound, you may have to get it removed after some time. Or the doctor will tell you how to remove the gauze yourself.
- If oral antibiotics or pain medications are prescribed by the doctor, make sure that you take the medicines as directed.
- Do not push your body to its limits. In the initial days, the body itself will tell you when to resume a specific activity.
- There will be no restrictions on diet. But it will be better if you eat a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of fiber and water content.
- Take follow-ups with the doctor after the first week and then as suggested to monitor the recovery and identify complications (if any) before they become serious.
You can contact the doctor for help at any time during the recovery as well.