Preparation for medical abortion
If you consider undergoing a medical abortion, you should choose an experienced OB-GYN who has the license to perform medically abort the pregnancy. Following are the steps that can help you prepare for the procedure.
Meet your doctor and discuss everything related to medical abortion. Looking at all pros and cons, make an informed and well-educated final decision. When you visit the doctor, your doctor will do the following:-
- -Do blood and urine tests to detect medical conditions such as anemia, diabetes, low/high blood pressure, or sexually transmitted t=disease to ensure no risk of complications during or after the procedure.
- -Evaluate your medical history and overall healHoweversure that you are fit for medical abortion and face no problems during the recovery period.
- -Confirm your pregnancy with a physical exam and pelvic ultrasound.
- -Do an ultrasound to ensure that it’s not an ectopic pregnancy or molar pregnancy.
- -Explain how the procedure works, the possible side effects, the risk of complications, etc.
After that, you can talk with your partner/husband, family members, and friends regarding the same.
Limitations of MTP
Medical termination of pregnancy has certain limitations that include:-
- MTP is feasible only until 8-9 weeks of pregnancy.
- There may be side effects of the drugs.
- Bleeding and cramping are typically heavier and more painful than your regular periods.
- Cannot be undertaken in cases of ectopic pregnancy.
- At least three follow-up meetings are required during the MTP process.
Also, please note that pregnancy has to be terminated once the MTP drug has been taken. However, there is a high risk of fetal malformation if the pregnancy continues. Therefore, you should make the decision to undergo the MTP after thorough planning.
Benefits of medical abortion
Medical abortion is a safe procedure considered the best way to terminate an unwanted pregnancy until 8-9 weeks. Following are the benefits of choosing this method to abort a pregnancy.
- Termination of pregnancy through medicine is an effective and safe method for early pregnancies.
- This process doesn’t involve using anesthesia, surgeries, or vacuum aspiration unless it fails.
- It’s a non-invasive procedure and is more private, similar to a natural miscarriage.
- Medical abortion can be done at a gynecology clinic and a home under the guidance of an experienced OB-GYN.
Why choose Pristyn Care for MTP in Mumbai
Following are the reasons Pristyn Care in Mumbai has become one of the most trustworthy MTP centers for medical abortion of unwanted pregnancy.
- We work with some of the most experienced and skilled obstetricians/gynecologists in Mumbai. They have 7-10 years of extensive experience performing thousands of successful MTP and surgical abortions.
- Our clinics are registered under MTP Act and have an excellent track record in performing successful MTP and surgeries to terminate pregnancies. In addition, our MTP clinics are highly equipped with modern diagnostic tools and advanced surgical instruments and devices.
- We give 100% privacy and keep the data of the patient confidential. So you don’t need to worry about the confidentiality of your treatment. Details shared by you will be between you and your doctor only.
- With the help of the zero-cost EMI payment option, you can pay the cost of your surgery in small installments without being burdened with extra charges.
- We offer 30% off on the diagnostic tests before the doctor starts the MTP process.
- If surgical abortion is required, we do it as a daycare procedure at our MTP clinics in Mumbai. Therefore, you don’t need hospitalization post-procedure.
We also offer free follow-up meetings with your doctor for the first week after surgical abortion. Then, if you have any problems or questions, you can consult with the doctor without paying any extra charges.
How to book an appointment with the best ob-gynecologist at Pristyn Care in Mumbai
You can book an appointment with one of our best female gynecologists in Coimbatore in the following ways:-
- -You can call us at the above Mobile Number and speak to our medical coordinator now.
- -You can click on the Book Appointment Form and fill in the patient’s details.
- -You can also complete the patient’s details into the Form you can find on the right-hand side of the screen.