Get Most Advanced Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in Mumbai
Pilonidal sinus a common skin condition that is painful and marked with the presence of cyst just above the buttocks, itchiness, stinging pain, inability to sit properly, etc. These symptoms tend to grow severe with time and create much physical and mental distress for the person. Fortunately, the advanced permanent solution for pilonidal sinus is available at Pristyn Care in Mumbai.
The advanced laser treatment at Pristyn Care is painless, minimally invasive and permanently resolves pilonidal sinus in just one day. Specialists at Pristyn Care leverages years of experience and immense knowledge to perform daycare procedures for fast recovery from pilonidal sinus treatment in Mumbai. The usage of USFDA approved surgical equipment contributes to the surgical experience being seamless with high success rates. So, if you or anyone around you is dealing with pilonidal sinus, contact Pristyn Care and get the best treatment in Mumbai.
Why is Pilonidal Sinus Treatment Necessary?
Pilonidal sinus is a painful and discomforting skin condition that must be attended at the earliest in order to avoid the severe symptoms of infected pilonidal sinus.
Pilonidal sinus can cause the following complications when left untreated or not treated properly:
- The pilonidal cyst is highly prone to bacterial infections. When the cyst gets infected, it can turn into an abscess that can cause unbearable stinging pain. Such a condition can make it unimaginable to even sit or stand properly.
- The infection of the cyst can spread to other parts of the body too. In serious cases, the infection may even enter the bloodstream and result in systemic infection or sepsis.
- Recurring or prolonged pilonidal sinus increases the risk of a type of skin cancer called squamous cell carcinoma.
- In rare severe cases, pilonidal sinus can even cause anal fistula. Anal fistula is an infected tunnel that occurs between the anus and the skin located around the anus and the rectum. Such a complicated case in which the pilonidal sinus results in fistula is known as pilonidal fistula-in-ano. So far, there are only 6 such cases reported of fistula-in-ano.
These complications are enough to emphasize the importance of pilonidal sinus treatment. Hence, it is wise to speak to a specialist doctor during the early stage so you can steer clear of the unprecedented complications of pilonidal sinus
Highly Experienced Surgeons in Mumbai
Pristyn Care ropes in the best experienced specialists for pilonidal sinus and other ano-rectal problems. The doctors and surgeons associated with Pristyn Care in Mumbai are well experienced and trained in performing advanced modern surgeries that are minimally invasive in nature. Our specialists have treated several cases of pilonidal sinus successfully by laser treatment.
Some of the best pilonidal sinus surgeons of Pristyn Care in Mumbai are:
Dr. Amol Gosavi
Qualification- MBBS, MS – General Surgery
21 Years Experience
Dr. Rajiv Prakash Manek
Qualification- MBBS, MS – General Surgery, Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery
9 Years Experience
Dr. Sushil K Dubey
Dr. Rajeev Naik
9 years Experience
You can get in touch with us now for booking an appointment with one of these expert surgeons in Mumbai
How Pristyn Care Is Associated With The Best Hospitals In Mumbai?
You can undergo minimally invasive laser treatment for pilonidal sinus in Mumbai from top hospitals associated with Pristyn Care. Hospitals associated with Pristyn Care in Mumbai have the best-in-class infrastructure and are equipped fully with the advanced modern laser technique for pilonidal sinus and other ano-rectal disease treatment.
Furthermore, the staff personnel at all our partner hospitals in Mumbai exhibit professionalism and attend to patients with utmost courtesy and sincerity. Therefore, there are no hassles for the patient to deal with at the hospital.
All the safety measures, and necessary steps of sanitation are stringently followed across all the clinics and partner hospitals of Pristyn Care. Hence, it is entirely safe to choose Pristyn Care for pilonidal sinus treatment in Mumbai.
Some of the Pristyn Care associated hospitals in Chennai for pilonidal sinus treatment are:
- Surana Hospital-Malad
- Siddhika Hospital
- Kapadia Hospital
- Sugun Hospital
- Surana Sethia Hospital-Chembur
- Noble Hospital-Thane
- Kripa Hospital
- Horizon Prime-Mumbai
What is the Estimated Cost of Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in Mumbai?
The estimated cost of pilonidal sinus treatment in Mumbai can vary depending upon the following factors:
- The hospital chosen for pilonidal sinus treatment in Mumbai
- The type of procedure chosen for treatment (Conventional open surgery or modern laser treatment)
- Whether or not the healthcare provider charges extra room and medical expenses
- Insurance coverage for the treatment
- Anesthesia cost- the cost differs for local and general anesthesia
At Pristyn Care, it is our topmost priority that the patient receives a hassle free treatment experience. Thus, Pristyn Care offers the advanced laser treatment for pilonidal sinus at a reasonable cost that does not cause much financial inconvenience for the patient. The average cost of laser treatment for pilonidal sinus at Pristyn Care is around INR 55,000-60,000 in Mumbai. And, if the patient has health insurance, the insurance claims will cover most of these treatment charges.
Why Laser Treatment for Pilonidal Sinus is a Better Option?
The advanced laser treatment for pilonidal sinus is also referred to as laser pilonidal plasty and is very less invasive than other surgical methods.
The laser treatment for pilonidal sinus requires pulses of laser energy to drain the infectious material and heal the pilonidal sinus. The treatment is highly precise than the conventional treatment procedures, and thus offers various benefits:
- The laser treatment for pilonidal sinus is pain-free, and a complication-free way to permanently cure pilonidal sinus. Furthermore, the laser treatment carries nil risks of infections as it is a minimal access surgery and this contributes to the reliability of the treatment.
- It is a quick procedure that takes about only 30 minutes to complete. The patient is discharged within a few hours of the treatment as the anesthesia wears off (daycare/outpatient procedure).
- Fast and smooth recovery in just 2-3 days as there are no cuts, wounds or stitches left behind to heal after laser treatment.
You may contact Pristyn Care to know more about the pilonidal sinus laser treatment in Mumbai.
Why Choose Pristyn Care for Pilonidal Sinus Treatment?
At Pristyn Care, we ensure to look after even the smallest needs of the patient and provide them with an absolutely seamless surgical experience. Hence, Pristyn Care offers the following unique benefits to all the patients
- The advanced surgery for pilonidal sinus is performed only by a team of experienced surgeons without any complications. The expertise of the doctors adds up to the safety and reliability of the treatment.
- Pristyn Care provides a free transportation service on the day of the surgery. This enables the patient and their family members to reach hospital on time for the treatment and reach back home safely.
- Each and every patient is attended by a dedicated Care Buddy from Pristyn Care at the hospital. The Care Buddy handles the paperwork and other formalities at the hospital for the patient and acts as their immediate point of contact for everything.
- At Pristyn Care, you can choose from different financial options like zero cost EMI, cashless transactions, etc. Also, the Pristyn Care team actively helps in the fast insurance approval so the patient or their family does not have to face much hassle.
- We also offer free follow up consultation with the surgeon within a week after treatment. Such timely follow up helps the patient in recovering fine under doctor’s supervision and the instructions given.
Nearest Pilonidal Sinus Clinic in Mumbai
Pristyn Care clinics for pilonidal sinus treatment in Mumbai are operational in Chembur, Hiranandani Gardens, and Adarsh Nagar Road. These clinics of Pristyn Care are easy to reach from different localities of Mumbai like Mindspace, Prem Nagar Slums, Kandivali West, Ambewadi, Anandwadi, Ekta Nagar, Narmada Nagar, Nadiyawala Colony 1, Primal Nagar, Adarsh Nagar, Kanchpada, Goraswadi, Ushma Nagar, Chincholi Bunder, Malad East, Tanji Nagar, Pathan Wadi, okanipada, Kurar Village, Om Nagar, Sundar Nagar, Ram Nagar, etc. So, people from these localities of Mumbai can easily book their appointment at Pristyn Care for consultation regarding advanced laser treatment of pilonidal sinus.
Nearest Cities To Best Pilonidal Sinus Clinic In Mumbai
Other than the localities of Mumbai, Pristyn Care also caters to the patients from outside Mumbai as well. So, pilonidal sinus patients from nearby cities of Mumbai such as Ulhasnagar, Ambarnath, Bhiwandi, Kalyan, Pimpri, Ahmednagar, etc can easily book an appointment at their nearest Pristyn Care clinic to get expert consultation for pilonidal sinus.
How To Book An Appointment With The Best Treatment Centre In Mumbai?
It is really simple to book an appointment with a Pristyn Care specialist for diagnosis and treatment of pilonidal sinus. You can submit the details through the contact form appearing on the right side. Alternatively, you can give us a call on the provided contact number. One of the medical coordinators of Pristyn Care will get back to you in a short while. You can discuss your preferred appointment slots with our coordinator. The coordinator will confirm the appointment as per your convenience so you can consult the doctor on the specified day.
Different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus
Here are the different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus treatment:
- Laser pilonidal sinus treatment- Laser surgery for pilonidal sinus is the most effective treatment for pilonidal sinus. During the procedure, the proctologist uses a high-intensity laser beam to close off the sinus tract. The doctor removes the entire pit of the pilonidal sinus so that the infection does not recur. It is an easier and higher precision procedure to perform as compared to the earlier mentioned types of open surgery. The treatment procedure requires only one day of dressing as there are no wounds left behind to heal. The laser energy also promotes the faster healing of the site of the surgery. Thus, it takes a very short time to completely recover from laser surgery for the pilonidal sinus.
- Incision and drainage- Incision and drainage is an open surgical procedure recommended mostly when the cyst becomes infected. It is performed with local anesthesia to make the affected area numb. The surgeon makes an incision in the cyst to drain the infectious fluid and pus. The doctor packs the hole with gauze and leaves it open to heal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal the cyst completely.
- Pilonidal cystectomy- Pilonidal cystectomy is the surgical removal of the entire pilonidal cyst. The treatment is performed after administering general/regional anesthesia. The surgeon makes a cut to remove the affected skin along with underlying hair follicles, tissues, and dead cells. If required, the doctor packs the area with surgical gauze. In cases where the infection is severe, the doctor places a tube to drain the fluid from the cyst. The tube is removed when the entire fluid is drained from the cyst.
Are there any risks and complications involved during pilonidal sinus surgery?
If performed under the guidance and supervision of a trained proctologist, surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus will not cause any risks or complications. But, like any other surgery, there might be some complications, although not severe. Some of them are:
- Trauma and bleeding to the site – If the surgery is not performed efficiently, there can be a chance of the anal tissues getting injured. Trauma and injury to the anal tissues can even lead to bleeding. If the surgery is performed by an experienced surgeon, the chances of any injury can be cut down drastically.
- Infection – Like any other surgery, infection is a common side effect/ complication in case of pilonidal sinus surgery too. Infection can lead to nausea and vomiting in the person. Infection, however, is not a very serious problem and can be treated with medicines. The chances of infection in case of open surgery is much higher than in laser surgery.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – A type of skin cancer that occurs due to uncontrolled growth of the squamous cells. The condition is not very common but not unheard of. To prevent such complications, it is extremely important that the surgery is performed by an experienced and trained surgeon.