Pilonidal Sinus treatment in Lucknow
Males are more affected by pilonidal sinus in India. The ratio of pilonidal sinus occurrence is to 4 men to 1 woman. The average age of the men is 22 when pilonidal sinus occurs and is 20 in women. In Lucknow the cases are high this is because of the bad food habits and pollution too. It happens because of obesity also. There are a high number of cases in Lucknow for obesity. The number is high among the men, 60% of the men in Lucknow are suffering from obesity which is an alarming statistic. According to a study, there are twice obese people in North India than in South India. This is because of the diet pattern which is followed by the North Indians. The fast food consumption is at an all-time high in Lucknow, the city is famous for its delicacies which means that no one can resist the tasty food. Pilonidal sinus can happen even in an early age or also even if you cross 50. The consumption of fast food is higher in male than in the female. The major issue is how to resolve this problem? This can be done by improving their diet with consulting a doctor which will provide you with the diet chart.
Most Advanced Pilonidal sinus surgery in Lucknow
Pilonidal sinus is a complex problem and it’s better to get treated before it gets late. If you are having pain while standing or sitting, there is sore skin around the area, the formation of more than one sinus tract, hair protruding from the lesion, etc. Lucknow being an urban city still makes it difficult to maintain hygiene, the people tend to live fast and people who have come from other cities and living in Lucknow, may lack this factor. It’s better to look for the treatment in your nearby clinic, Pristyn Care has many numbers of clinics present in Lucknow. The treatment is done with the advanced procedure which will make the problem go within a week. There is no pain after the treatment. There would be no cuts or wounds after the treatment, the patient will be given anesthesia before the procedure. It’s a day care procedure, so the patient would get free in a day only.
Different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus
Here are the different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus treatment:
- Laser pilonidal sinus treatment- Laser surgery for pilonidal sinus is the most effective treatment for pilonidal sinus. During the procedure, the proctologist uses a high-intensity laser beam to close off the sinus tract. The doctor removes the entire pit of the pilonidal sinus so that the infection does not recur. It is an easier and higher precision procedure to perform as compared to the earlier mentioned types of open surgery. The treatment procedure requires only one day of dressing as there are no wounds left behind to heal. The laser energy also promotes the faster healing of the site of the surgery. Thus, it takes a very short time to completely recover from laser surgery for the pilonidal sinus.
- Incision and drainage- Incision and drainage is an open surgical procedure recommended mostly when the cyst becomes infected. It is performed with local anesthesia to make the affected area numb. The surgeon makes an incision in the cyst to drain the infectious fluid and pus. The doctor packs the hole with gauze and leaves it open to heal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal the cyst completely.
- Pilonidal cystectomy- Pilonidal cystectomy is the surgical removal of the entire pilonidal cyst. The treatment is performed after administering general/regional anesthesia. The surgeon makes a cut to remove the affected skin along with underlying hair follicles, tissues, and dead cells. If required, the doctor packs the area with surgical gauze. In cases where the infection is severe, the doctor places a tube to drain the fluid from the cyst. The tube is removed when the entire fluid is drained from the cyst.
Are there any risks and complications involved during pilonidal sinus surgery?
If performed under the guidance and supervision of a trained proctologist, surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus will not cause any risks or complications. But, like any other surgery, there might be some complications, although not severe. Some of them are:
- Trauma and bleeding to the site – If the surgery is not performed efficiently, there can be a chance of the anal tissues getting injured. Trauma and injury to the anal tissues can even lead to bleeding. If the surgery is performed by an experienced surgeon, the chances of any injury can be cut down drastically.
- Infection – Like any other surgery, infection is a common side effect/ complication in case of pilonidal sinus surgery too. Infection can lead to nausea and vomiting in the person. Infection, however, is not a very serious problem and can be treated with medicines. The chances of infection in case of open surgery is much higher than in laser surgery.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – A type of skin cancer that occurs due to uncontrolled growth of the squamous cells. The condition is not very common but not unheard of. To prevent such complications, it is extremely important that the surgery is performed by an experienced and trained surgeon.