Why anal fistula should not be left untreated?
Anal fistula is a very serious condition that causes unbearable pain and a foul-smelling discharge. Most people hesitate to get treatment for fistula because they don’t realize that anal fistula is also a risk factor of anal cancer. Furthermore, it can cause complications, such as:
- Infection- Over time, the infection from the tract will spread causing the fistula to get branched. Once fistula is branched, it will be more complicated to treat and there will be higher risk of damage to the anal sphincter muscles.
- Sepsis- Without proper treatment, anal fistula can become life-threatening. The bacterial infection may spread throughout the body and may cause organ damage or shock that can be fatal for the patient.
- Perforation- Once the infection spread to the colon or intestinal wall, it can result in trauma. The weak part of the intestinal wall or colon will get ruptured and cause perforation. The intestinal material will start to leak in the abdominal cavity and you will need immediate medical care.
- Peritonitis- This complication arises when the abdominal lining membrane gets inflamed due to the bacterial infection. It will lead to shock, organ failure, and may cause death.
To prevent the disease from reaching this stage, it is crucial that you seek treatment as earliest as possible. Contact Pristyn Care today and consult with medical experts to explore your treatment options.
Undergo Laser Fistula Surgery in Lucknow with Pristyn Care
Anal fistula is a disease that can’t be completely cured without surgery. If you are seeking treatment for fistula in Lucknow, Pristyn Care is the ideal choice. Here, you can undergo laser fistula surgery by the hands of expert proctologists and general surgeons to cure the disease permanently. Laser technology is becoming a prevalent method nowadays because it is beneficial in various aspects, such as:
- Non-invasive surgery, which means there won’t be any cuts or wounds involved in the procedure.
- The procedure takes only about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Laser surgery is a permanent cure for anal fistula and all other anorectal diseases.
- There are minimal risks, complications, and chances of bleeding or infections before and after the surgery.
- It cures fistula permanently. Hence, there is no need to visit the doctor frequently for follow-ups.
- Minimal restrictions on diet as well as physical activities.
- Preserve the anal sphincter function and prevent unwanted consequences, such as incontinence.
Pristyn Care performs the laser fistula surgery on an outpatient basis that allows the patients to go home on the same day of the surgery. Rely on the expertise of our medical professionals and get best-in-class treatment and state-of-the-art facilities with Pristyn Care Lucknow,
Choose the Most Reliable Daycare Service Provider in Lucknow- Pristyn Care
At Pristyn Care, our topmost priority is our patients and the quality of care they receive. Hence, we accompany the patients and tend to all their needs throughout the treatment to provide them the best surgical experience. Our doctors thoroughly diagnose the patients and determine the best line of treatment. People in Lucknow choose our services, because we provide utmost care and a hassle-free experience to the patients.
- We have an in-house team of certified surgeons who are well-trained and experienced in performing laser-assisted surgery without any risks or complications.
- Pristyn Care ensures that all the hospitals and clinics associated with us have USFDA approved latest surgical and diagnostic tools to safely carry out the treatment.
- We assign a care-buddy to all patients on the day of surgery and they take care of the patient’s needs and hospital related formalities with dedication.
- Pristyn Care also provides pick and drop service to the patients before and after the surgery.
- We have a flexible payment system where the patients can opt to pay with credit cards, debit cards, or choose cashless or zero cost EMI to cover the expense of the treatment.
- We provide a single deluxe room for stay in the hospital and free post-surgery follow-ups so that patients can consult with the doctors during the recovery period too.
Our aim is to make laser fistula treatment in Lucknow affordable and accessible. Along with the above-mentioned services, we provide other benefits too such as discounts on diagnostic tests, online consultation, 100% insurance claim, etc.
Rceovery and after care of anal fistula
In most cases, anal fistula surguical sites heal within 5-6 weeks time. The recovery in case of anal fistula is not very complicated if the person follows the advices and recovery tips shared by the anorectal surgeon. You can follow the self-care tips after anal fistula surgery for a seamless recovery:
- Keep the surgical wound clean. Wash the area, pat it dry several times a day. Do not let discharge accumulate in the area.
- If the area pains, consult with a doctor and take medicines. Do not touch the skin. You can also take over-the-counter pills such as painkillers and ibuprofen.
- Change the dressing of the wound at regular intervals. In case there is pus discharge from the site, be extremely gentle while changing teh dressing.
- Indulge in light physical activities. Don’t go sedentary. Gentle exercises will help the wound heal faster.
- Do not indulge in anal sex until the surgical site is completely healed.
What is the recovery timeline after laser surgery for anal fistula?
The recovery timeline after anal fistula laser surgery is not the same for every patient. Most patients recover within 2-3 months but the complete recovery may take anywhere between 1 month to 45 days.
Recovery after 1 month of anal fistula laser surgery
The patient needs to follow the recovery tips and recommendations by the doctor for at least one month after the laser surgery for anal fistula. It is advisable that the patient refrains from doing anything that puts strain on the surgical site. The patient should not eat anything too oily and spicy and consume only fiber-rich food. Diet is a very significant factor that determines the recovery after surgical treatment. The patient should take sitz baths at least 2-3 times a day to keep the surgical area free of any infection and take regular sitz baths.
Recovery after 2 months of laser surgery for anal fistula
After 2 months, the pain from the surgical site will subside. The patient would experience much relief from the pain in and around the wound. But the scars might take some more time to disappear. The patient might get back to normal work life without any major complications and also resume normal dietary habits.
Recovery after 3 months of surgery for anal fistula
After 3 months, the patient would be free from all post-surgery discomfort. There would be no major scars at the surgical site and the wound would be healed completely too.