Get Painless Hydrocele Treatment in Lucknow at Pristyn Care
At Pristyn Care, we constantly strive to make the surgical experience seamless for the patient. Hence, we offer the most advanced solution for hydrocele, i.e. hydrocelectomy. USFDA approved technology is used to hydrocele surgery at Pristyn Care. It is minimally invasive and painless surgery. Hydrocelectomy is an outpatient procedure where patient can go home on the same day of the surgery. Get in touch with us to know more about a painless hydrocele surgery in Lucknow.
Benefits of Advanced Hydrocelectomy Surgery for Hydrocele in Lucknow
- Non-invasive surgery- No involvement of major incisions or stitches
- Takes about only 30-40 minutes to complete the procedure
- No major intraoperative bleeding involved
- No harm or damage to the neighboring tissues
- Outpatient surgery – Same-day discharge from the hospital
- Nil chances of complications or postoperative problems
- Short recovery duration
- Permanent treatment of hydrocele symptoms
Consult Skilled and Experienced Urologists for Hydrocele Treatment in Lucknow
For the right treatment of hydrocele, it is important to consult an experienced and skilled urologist. Pristyn Care is honored to work with a team of qualified and trained urologists in Lucknow. Our surgeons have at least 10 years of experience and have treated numerous hydrocele patients using advanced surgical procedures. If you have any queries or doubts about the surgery, you can get in touch with one of our specialists for a detailed session.
What happens if you delay hydrocele treatment?
Hydrocele is a common urological problem affecting around 10 percent of infants and 1 percent of adult males all across the world. It is characterized by the collection of scrotal fluid causing swelling in the scrotal sac. In a result, the male may experience discomfort, itching, and tenderness in the scrotum. Hydroceles do not usually disappear on their own and medically or surgically treated.
Following complications can arise if hydrocele treatment is delayed or avoided:
- Hydrocele can grow bigger and rupture, resulting in an emergency condition
- Excessive pressure on the testicles can impair their functioning and negatively impact male fertility
- Testicles can become twisted around the spermatic cord because of constant pressure exerted by the hydrocele
- Infection in the hydrocele fluid leading to the development of pus in the scrotal sac (pyocele)
- The pressure exerted by hydrocele can lead to the shrinking of testes (testicular atrophy)
- Hardening or calcification of the hydrocele sac (a rare complication of long-standing hydrocele)
- Increased chances of sexual dysfunctions
These complications can be simply avoided by consulting a specialist at the earliest symptoms of hydrocele.
Why should you choose Pristyn Care for hydrocele treatment in Lucknow?
- We relentlessly work to ensure maximum safety and a smooth treatment journey for all our patients. You can get the following benefits by choosing Pristyn Care as your healthcare provider:
- COVID-19 safe treatment centers (clinics and partner hospitals)
- Reputed multi-speciality partner hospitals for hydrocele surgery
- Team of expert surgeons to perform laser hydrocelectomy
- Free of cost pickup and drop service on the day of hydrocele surgery at the hospital
- Single deluxe room at the hospital for the patient
- Care Buddy to carefully take care of the paperwork and other hospital formalities
- Insurance claims clearance by our Insurance team on patient’s behalf
- Postoperative care instructions and diet chart for the patient
- The first follow-up visit within seven days following the surgery is free cost
How much is the hydrocele surgery cost in Lucknow?
The hydrocele surgery cost in Lucknow can vary depending upon several factors like:
- The severity of the condition
- Doctor and healthcare provider chosen for the surgery
- Type of hospital where the surgeon practices
- Technique of surgery used during the procedure
- Room expenses and other medical charges
- Insurance coverage of the treatment expenses
At Pristyn Care, the cost of advanced hydrocele surgery lies in the range of INR 40,000- INR 50,000. We are dedicated to ensuring affordable treatment for our patients. Hence,we accept the individual as well as corporate health insurance policies. In addition, we also offer a No Cost EMI option to the patients. Call us for further treatment cost related queries or any other concerns you may be having
How to book an appointment with the best hydrocele doctor in Lucknow?
To book an appointment with our doctor, you can give us a call on the mentioned number to directly speak to one of our medical coordinators. Or, fill up and submit the contact form given on the right side of the page. As soon as you submit the form, the medical coordinator will contact you quickly. Our medical coordinator will confirm the slot according to your convenience.
Different Types of Hydrocele
Hydrocele is divided into the following types:
- Primary Hydrocele- In this type, the swelling is soft and nontender. It can grow very large in size as they are often asymptomatic. However, if left unattended, it may cause atrophy of the testis due to compression or obstruction of the blood supply.
- Secondary Hydrocele- The hydrocele that occurs due to a testicular disease is called secondary hydrocele. The cause can be cancer, hernia, orchitis, or any other kind of trauma. Secondary hydrocele is most commonly associated with acute or chronic epididymo-orchitis. It often goes away when the primary lesion is treated.
- Infantile hydrocele- This type of hydrocele has the tunica and processus vaginalis distended to the inguinal ring, but there is no direct connection of the hydrocele with the peritoneal cavity. It can occur in infants as well as adults.
- Congenital Hydrocele- It is a type of hydrocele that connects with the general peritoneal cavity. Though the communication is very small, there is still a possibility that the fluid may drain into the peritoneal cavity.
- Encysted hydrocele- In this type of hydrocele, there is a smooth oval swelling very close to the spermatic cord. Due to the swelling, many patients mistake it for inguinal hernia. It is also called spermatic cord hydrocele and has no communication with the peritoneal cavity.
- Funicular hydrocele- In funicular hydrocele, the sac has a direct communication with the peritoneum connecting it with the internal inguinal ring. However, no connection exists between the sac and tunica vaginalis. It can grow very large in size due to straining.
During initial diagnosis, the doctor will identify which type of hydrocele you have and narrow down the complications associated with the procedure. Then the doctor will start the treatment right away.
What complications can arise if hydrocele is left untreated?
Severe cases of hydrocele can cause serious complications. Some of the potential complications are listed below:
- If the size of the hydrocele continues growing, it can lead to obstruction in the blood flow. And when the blood flow is not proper in the testicles, it will further give rise to testicular atrophy causing degeneration of the testicular cells.
- Another complication that can arise if hydrocele is rupture. Due to the large volume of fluid accumulation in the scrotum, the hydrocele may rupture due to minimal spontaneous trauma.
- The hydrocele may transform into a haematocele if there is bleeding in the sac. And if the haematocele is not drained, a clotted haematocele will form as a result.
- Calcification of the sac is also a potential complication of leaving hydrocele untreated.
- The hydrocele may become infected during aspiration which will increase the swelling and inflammation.
- Infected hydroceles can also cause pyocele, accumulation of pus in the scrotum.
Normally, these complications can be identified during diagnosis before the treatment method is selected. All these complications are observed for at least 24-48 hours before proceeding with the treatment.
Foods to Avoid with Hydrocele
Many people don’t know this, but the foods you eat on a regular basis can either improve the hydrocele symptoms or make them worse. Therefore, you should avoid the following foods to manage hydrocele symptoms:
- Processed Items- These foods contain excess salt and sugar and have fiber content.
- Preserved Foods- These foods are not good to eat because they have artificial preservatives and other chemicals.
- Junk Foods- It includes food items like pizza, burger, fries, etc. that are low in nutritional value. They can cause indigestion and hinder the bowel movements as well.
- Spicy and Heavy Foods- Minimize the spice intake as well if you have hydrocele. Excessive spices can upset the stomach and cause a lot of discomfort during bowel movements.
- Pickles and Caffeine- These food products are also not good for the body and should be strictly avoided.
All these food items have a direct impact on the digestion process and the individual has a hard time passing stools. This will put strain on the groin region and worsen the hydrocele symptoms.
Post Hydrocelectomy Care Plan
After you’ve had hydrocelectomy, the doctor will give you a detailed recovery plan to ensure that the wound heals quickly and you will be able to perform all activities without any difficulty.
The most common tips that are included in the post-surgery care plan are given below:
- Take complete bed rest immediately after the surgery for at least 1 day.
- Allow your body to heal at its own pace. Do not push yourself to perform an activity even if it hurts.
- Start taking small walks once you feel like you can.
- Make sure that you don’t indulge into strenuous exercises that can strain or put pressure on the stitches.
- Refrain yourself from lifting heavy weights for at least 2-4 weeks until you recover completely.
- Post-surgery, you can eat your normal diet but make sure to stay away from oily, greasy, spicy, and processed food items as they can cause constipation and also slow down the healing process.
- Incorporate fiber-rich foods in your diet and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Pay special attention to the hygiene of the scrotal region and keep it clean and dry. Wash the wound with warm water and mild soap, then pat it dry.
- In the first 2 days, the doctor will ask you to avoid bathing. So, do not take a shower until the doctor gives you permission.
- Do not take baths in hot tubs and avoid swimming as well until the wound heals completely.
- Wear scrotal support or jockstrap for at least 1-2 weeks after hydrocele surgery. It will minimize the pressure in the scrotal region and allow you to perform regular activities without pain or discomfort.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes around the waist and groin area as they can irritate the scrotal region.
- Refrain from sexual activities as well until the doctor says it’s fine.
When you follow the doctor’s instructions properly, it becomes a lot easier to resume the daily activities and get back to the regular life after hydrocelectomy.
Prevention of Hydrocele
There is no assured way to prevent hydrocele in a baby. However, in adults, hydrocele usually occurs due to some infection, inflammation, or injury that can be avoided. Here are some preventative tips that will help:
- Proper prenatal care
- Try to avoid being injured, follow the safety & protection rules like wearing athletic cups or support while playing sports.
- Practice safe sex to reduce the chances of contracting sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Avoid pressure activities like horse riding that can put pressure on the scrotum.
- Treat cough properly as recurrent and chronic cough creates intra abdominal pressure and puts strain on the scrotum.
- Address constipation as soon as possible.
- Appropriate care should be taken to prevent hernia and if you already have it, get proper treatment to reduce the chances of hydrocele development.
In rare cases, hydrocele may also develop due to hereditary issues, such as a side effect of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Therefore, it is also important that you keep a watch on your health and take the necessary measures to prevent hydrocele.