How to tell if an armpit lump is benign or cancerous?
There is a significant difference between a lump that is benign and the one which is cancerous. Both lumps start as a growth in the underarm. In the beginning, the lymph nodes grow large in size, and eventually, the concerning symptoms appear.
A benign lump in the armpit will have the following symptoms-
- The lump will be clearly visible.
- Size of the lump may be up to 2 cm.
- The lump may change shape frequently.
- There may be pain or tingling sensations in the lump.
- If the lump is infected, fever may also come and go.
When the underarm lump is cancerous, along with some of the above-mentioned features, the following symptoms will also be present-
- Loss of energy or tiredness that lasts throughout the day
- Unintentional weight loss
- Tenderness in the lump
- Breathing issues
Depending on the stage of cancer, the symptoms may get worse over time if the condition is not treated.
Whether you have a benign lump or a cancerous lump in the armpit, both can be very problematic. The key difference is that a cancerous lump is life-threatening and a benign lump affects the patient’s life and physical appearance to a certain extent. In both cases, it is crucial to get the lump removed as soon as possible.
Why should you choose Pristyn Care in Lucknow for Axillary Breast Tissue Removal?
For the removal of axillary breast tissue, you can always rely on Pristyn Care. We provide the most advanced treatment in Lucknow and help the patient to get rid of the benign lumps under the breast. Being one of the leading healthcare providers in India, we pay special attention to the patient’s needs and provide personalized care.
With us, you will get the following benefits-
- Top-grade clinics and partnered hospitals in Lucknow.
- Highly experienced plastic and general surgeons with specialization in minimally invasive procedures.
- Complete assistance from our care coordinators from initial consultation till follow-ups.
- Flexible payment options, including No-Cost EMI service.
- All insurances accepted and assistance in claims.
- Free commute service on the day of surgery.
- Multiple follow-up consultations after the surgery without an additional fee.
- A customized recovery guide and diet plan for free.
Throughout the treatment journey, our medical care coordinators will stay in touch with you and arrange everything. We will assist you with the treatment-related formalities and make everything hassle-free. You can get in touch with us by giving us a call or filling out the appointment form.