Why does a woman need hymen repair surgery?
In the Indian social structure, virginity is deeply interlinked with the purity and honor of a woman. Indian society’s obsession with virginity is not something new. No matter to what extent we raise our voices for women’s empowerment, having sex before marriage is still considered unacceptable.
When it comes to marriage, virginity is a desired factor. In case a woman loses her virginity to another man than her husband, the emotional, physical, and psychological consequences that follow, are often very ugly. Having sex with any man before marriage is strongly labeled as immoral in our culture. Which is the main reason why women in India, even those who come from elite family backgrounds resort to surgical repair of her hymen to present herself as a virgin.
Most women lose their virginity due to unfortunate incidences of sexual assault. These women look forward to repairing their torn hymen not just to make a new beginning but also to bury the traumatic past of her life. Hymenoplasty has been a boon for so many women for their own personal reasons.
At present time, women can get their hymen reconstructed through the advanced hymenoplasty procedure. At Pristyn Care, Lucknow, women can undergo hymenoplasty confidentially without the fear of breach of privacy. Once the sutures heal, no one can determine if a woman has surgically done a hymen repairment. Through the hymenoplasty procedure, women can avoid these traumatic experiences and take control of their future. Pristyn Care offers detailed consultation and advanced hymenoplasty procedures in Lucknow. If you have any queries, contact Pristyn Care.
How Pristyn Care is associated with the best hospitals in Lucknow?
Hymen reconstruction procedure is usually carried out at Pristyn Care clinics in Lucknow. However, in some cases, the patient may have to undergo the procedure at one of Pristyn Care’s partner hospitals in Lucknow. Pristyn Care works in association with some of the best-reputed hospitals in the city. The hospitals are well-equipped with the most advanced treatment techniques and follow all the safety protocols related to COVID.
What to expect during the recovery process after hymenoplasty? Are there any complications?
Hymenoplasty surgery is usually done as a daycare procedure. The surgery may take 1-2 hours depending upon the patient to patient. Hymenoplasty surgery is a clinical procedure and the patient does not require to stay at the hospital until there is any serious complication (which is rare to occur).
- The patient can return home the same day.
- There may light bleeding during the first 48-72 hours after the surgery.
- The woman should avoid lifting any heavy weights or doing any strenuous activities for the next few days.
- In case you have excessive bleeding, call the doctor immediately.
- Avoid taking shower for at least a day after the hymen repair surgery as it may cause infection in the surgical site.Do not douch your vagina at any cost.
- Take off from work for at least 2-3 days after the surgery and limit physical movements.
- Avid consumption of alcohol and smoking for at least 10-14 days post-surgery.
- If performed by experienced gynecologists, hymenoplasty surgery would rarely cause any complications. However, in some cases, patients report experiencing the following side-effects:dizziness
- frequent vaginal bleeding
- intense vaginal itching
- foul-smelly vaginal discharge
- vaginal pain that lasts longer than expected
- vaginal inflammation
Why is hymenoplasty a better option than artificial hymen kits?
Hymenoplasty is considered to be a much more effective way to present repair a hymen as it offers the following benefits:
- Reconstructs the hymen without leaving behind any scars
- Artificial hymen kits may be messy to use. But, hymenoplasty is not.
- Painless procedure (with the use of anesthesia-local or general)
- Dissolvable stitches make the procedure even more convenient
- Takes up only 30-40 minutes to complete
- The use of artificial hymen kits may irritate and infect the vagina. Hymenoplasty makes use of your own tissues, which is why it is much safer.
- Allows the patient to return home on the same day
- Quick and smooth recovery
- Negligible complication rates
Why choose Pristyn Care for Hymenoplasty surgery in Lucknow?
Experienced surgeons for hymenoplasty – The hymenoplasty procedure is performed by specialists who have years of experience in the field. All our gynecologists working in Lucknow clinics and hospitals are highly trained to use the advanced surgical procedures for hymen reconstruction and thus the treatment is very reliable.
Quick and safe procedure – The procedure of hymenoplasty does not take more than an hour to complete. After the completion of the surgery, the patient needs to stay in the hospital for a couple of hours to allow the effect of anesthesia to subside. They can then return home on the same day only. The surgery does not have any major side effects. The patient needs to maintain proper hygiene and the recovery would be completely smooth.
Confidential consultation – You can trust Pristyn Care for a 100% confidential consultation. Your identity, problems, and other aspects of the treatment will be kept completely private.
24×7 Assistance – Pristyn Care provides the patients with support and medical assistance round the clock. The medical coordinators are available throughout the day and the patient can contact them regarding any issue.
How to book an appointment with Pristyn Care in Lucknow for hymen repair surgery?
It is very easy to book an appointment with a Pristyn Care gynecologist in Lucknow. For booking an appointment, you can follow any of the following steps:
- Call on the above-mentioned number and speak to our medical assistant
- Fill the contact form that appears on your right-hand side.
- As you submit the form, one of our representatives will get back to you as early as possible to help you with a convenient appointment. Once your appointment is fixed, visit the doctor right on time for a detailed consultation.
How to prepare for hymenoplasty?
- Choose the right doctor: While hymenoplasty can be done by both- gynecologists and plastic surgeons, an OB-GYN with experience in cosmetic gyne surgeries is the safest choice.
- Carry age-proof: As an eligibility criteria, you are required to be at least 18+ years of age before undergoing hymenoplasty. This is why we suggest you carry your age proof along.
- Know your rights: You do not need approval from your partner/ parent in case of hymenoplasty or any cosmetic surgeries. Your own written consent is enough. (Provided, you are above 18 years of age. )
However, we encourage you to discuss your needs, and expectations thoroughly. This would help you make a better and informed decision.
- Discuss your current health and medications: We suggest you thoroughly discuss your health, current medications and supplements (if any) with your doctor. You might be required to stop taking some medications before the procedure, else they risk interfering with the healing.
- Keep a track: Keep a detailed track of your period cycle and go prepared on your last 3-4 menstrual dates and days of periods. This would help you plan the right time for the treatment. The best time to plan hymenoplasty is 2 days after your last period cycle.
What are the risks of hymenoplasty procedure?
When performed under safe medical conditions and by trained gynecologists, hymenoplasty is a typically safe and minimum risk surgery. However, as with any surgery, hymenoplasty too comes with a few risks of complications. These include-
- Prolonged bleeding
- Pelvic/ vaginal infection
- Anaesthetic complications
Please note that these complications are extremely rare and commonly treatable with minimally invasive surgery.
What are the different types of hymen?
Hymens come in a variety of shapes and sizes. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all hymen. There are five different types of hymen, according to medical classification:
- Normal – Commonly hymens have a crescent-shaped entrance
- Cribriform hymen – Hymen with numerous small apertures for menstrual blood to flow through.
- Imperforate hymen – Hymen with no opening.
- Micro perforated hymen – Hymen with a tiny aperture
- Septate hymens have a thin tissue band running through the middle.
Can virginity pills or hymen repair kits give a virginity effect?
No. In fact, you must refrain from such over-the-counter products as they may do more harm than good. Vagina, as you know, is a very delicate and sensitive organ. Inserting anything while the ingredients are not researched, may disturb its Ph balance and cause dryness. This would then risk tear or rupture during intercourse and itchiness and bacterial infection afterward.
If you seek a reconstructed hymen, hymen repair is the best, most common, and medically verified method. It is:
- Less than the 30-minute procedure
- Has no major risks/ complications
- Is undetectable after 1-2 months.
What kind of aftercare is required following a hymenoplasty procedure?
After your procedure, your doctor may recommend a few hours of monitoring. If there are no issues, you will be discharged within 2-3 hours and you will be able to return to work within 2-4 days.
Some post-care tips that may help you are:
- As you clean your vaginal area, do not wipe. Only gently pat dry.
- Keep the area clean and free of moisture.
- If you experience any itching or swelling as you heal, we suggest you use warm compresses and ice packs to relieve the discomfort.
- Avoid head shower or extended baths for atleast 2–3 days after.
- You must not have sex for at least 8 weeks after the procedure.
- As you bleed/ menstruate, use only soft sanitary pads. Do not use tampons/ anything penetrative in nature.
- Do not eat anything too spicy. It could trigger irritation and inflammation in your gastrointestinal pipe.
- Drink a lot of water. Keep yourself hydrated. It would help you heal.
- Eat meals with high fiber content. It will help make your bowel movements easier.
How to choose the best doctor for your hymenoplasty surgery?
We suggest you:
- Ask for a friend/ or your primary health care provider’s referral.
- Look for your doctor’s specific qualifications, accreditations, and specialized experience in hymenoplasty surgery.
- Read through the net and different patient reviews thoroughly. You could also confirm through third-party sites.
- Have a direct consultation with your doctor. See how patiently they listen, and understand your specific needs and requirements. The more clarity they bring to you on the surgery procedure, the better your doctor is.
What should I ask my doctor before undergoing hymenoplasty?
Some questions you should consider asking your doctor before hymenoplasty surgery are:
- What are your qualifications and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology?
- Are there any risks/ complications associated with hymenoplasty surgery?
- Does hymenoplasty affect my ability for childbirth?
- Are there any guidelines I should follow to prepare for a hymenoplasty procedure?
- How long would the recovery take?
- When can I resume my sex life after hymenoplasty surgery?
- How should I take care after the hymenoplasty procedure?
- When can I resume office after hymenoplasty surgery?
- What are the different payment options you have?