What happens after hymenoplasty surgery? Will there be any risks and complications?
Hymenoplasty is a relatively safe surgery that is usually done as a daycare procedure. The surgery may take 1-2 hours and is performed under anesthesia. The surgery is a clinical procedure and the patient does not require to stay at the hospital until there is any serious complication (which is rare to occur).
Here’s what you can expect to happen after the procedure:
- The female can return home the same day.
- The female may witness light bleeding during the first 48-72 hours after the surgery.
- She should avoid lifting any heavy weights or doing any strenuous activities for the next few days.
- In case of excessive bleeding, the female should see call medical attention immediately.
- She should avoid taking shower for at least a day after the hymen repair surgery as it may cause infection in the surgical site.
- Douching should be completely avoided. Washing inside the vagina may have negative effects on the health of the patient.
- It is advised that the woman take off from work for at least 2-3 days after the surgery and limits her physical movements.
- It is important that the female stops consuming alcohol and smoking for at least 10-14 days post-surgery.
If performed by experienced gynecologists, hymenoplasty surgery would rarely cause any complications. However, in some cases, patients report experiencing the following side-effects:
- foul-smelly vaginal discharge
- vaginal pain that lasts longer than expected
- vaginal inflammation
- frequent vaginal bleeding
- intense vaginal itching
Get advanced hymen repair surgery at the top hospitals in Chennai
With the change in time, women in Chennai are becoming more and more aware of their reproductive healthcare needs. They have become highly independent and have started to gain control over their personal and professional needs. A female may wish to undergo a hymenoplasty surgery to regain her virginity due to several reasons including physical, emotional, and psychological.
Hymenoplasty is a safe procedure with no long-term side effects. We promise to deliver confidential consultations with complete privacy to each of our patients. We work in association with some of the most reputed hospitals in Chennai to provide safe and secure hymen repair surgery. Pristyn Care is aligned with only NABH-accredited healthcare units as these hospitals follow every standard of procedure pertaining to hymenoplasty surgery that guarantees effective results.
What are the advantages of hymenoplasty surgery?
Hymenoplasty is a modern cosmetic surgery that is performed to restore a torn or perforated hymen. Hymenoplasty is considered to be the most effective way to repair a hymen. The surgery offers the following advantages:
- Painless procedure (with the use of anesthesia-local or general)
- Dissolvable stitches make the procedure even more convenient
- There are artificial hymen repair kits available in the market but using those can be messy. Hymenoplasty is on the other hand is a hassle-free procedure.
- The surgery can be completed within only 30-40 minutes to complete.
- Reconstructs the hymen without leaving behind any scars
- The use of artificial hymen kits may irritate and infect the vagina. Hymenoplasty makes use of your own tissues, which is why it is much safer.
- Allows the patient to return home on the same day
- Quick and smooth recovery
- Negligible complication rates
Why choose Pristyn Care for hymen repair surgical treatment in Chennai?
Pristyn Care offers surgical solutions to patients with a patient-centric approach that guarantees long-lasting results. We want our patients to be on their way to living healthy as soon as possible. While undergoing hymen repair surgery at Pristyn Care, in Chennai you can avail the following benefits:
- Detailed and confidential consultation by experienced female gynecologists for all patients at all our clinics.
- Stringent Covid safety measures at all our clinics and hospitals.
- We provide Cab to pick up patients and drop them off at their doorstep free of cost on the surgery day.
- Our surgeons provide post-operative care for fast and easy recovery.
- Arranging for diagnostic tests at discounted rates from partnered diagnostic centers.
- Follow-up consultation offered free of any charge within a week of surgery.
- 100% transparency with patients in terms of financial and payment options.
How to book an appointment with Pristyn Care in Chennai for hymen repair surgery?
Booking an appointment with a Pristyn Care gynecologist in Chennai is quite easy. For booking an appointment, you can follow any of the following steps:
- Call on the above-mentioned number and speak to our medical assistant
- Fill the contact form that appears on your right-hand side.
- You can also avail online consultation and virtually discuss your health problem with our gynecologist
As you submit the form, one of our representatives will get back to you as early as possible to help you with a convenient appointment. Once your appointment is fixed, visit the doctor right on time for a detailed consultation.