What happens after hymenoplasty surgery? Will there be any risks and complications?
Hymenoplasty is a relatively safe surgery that is usually done as a daycare procedure. The surgery may take 1-2 hours and is performed under anesthesia. The surgery is a clinical procedure and the patient does not require to stay at the hospital until there is any serious complication (which is rare to occur).
Here’s what you can expect to happen after the procedure:
- The female can return home the same day.
- The female may witness light bleeding during the first 48-72 hours after the surgery.
- She should avoid lifting any heavy weights or doing any strenuous activities for the next few days.
- In case of excessive bleeding, the female should see call medical attention immediately.
- She should avoid taking shower for at least a day after the hymen repair surgery as it may cause infection in the surgical site.
- Douching should be completely avoided. Washing inside the vagina may have negative effects on the health of the patient.
- It is advised that the woman take off from work for at least 2-3 days after the surgery and limits her physical movements.
- It is important that the female stops consuming alcohol and smoking for at least 10-14 days post-surgery.
If performed by experienced gynecologists, hymenoplasty surgery would rarely cause any complications. However, in some cases, patients report experiencing the following side-effects:
- foul-smelly vaginal discharge
- vaginal pain that lasts longer than expected
- vaginal inflammation
- frequent vaginal bleeding
- intense vaginal itching
Get advanced hymen repair surgery at the top hospitals in Chennai
With the change in time, women in Chennai are becoming more and more aware of their reproductive healthcare needs. They have become highly independent and have started to gain control over their personal and professional needs. A female may wish to undergo a hymenoplasty surgery to regain her virginity due to several reasons including physical, emotional, and psychological.
Hymenoplasty is a safe procedure with no long-term side effects. We promise to deliver confidential consultations with complete privacy to each of our patients. We work in association with some of the most reputed hospitals in Chennai to provide safe and secure hymen repair surgery. Pristyn Care is aligned with only NABH-accredited healthcare units as these hospitals follow every standard of procedure pertaining to hymenoplasty surgery that guarantees effective results.
What are the advantages of hymenoplasty surgery?
Hymenoplasty is a modern cosmetic surgery that is performed to restore a torn or perforated hymen. Hymenoplasty is considered to be the most effective way to repair a hymen. The surgery offers the following advantages:
- Dissolvable stitches make the procedure even more convenient
- There are artificial hymen repair kits available in the market but using those can be messy. Hymenoplasty is on the other hand is a hassle-free procedure.
- The surgery can be completed within only 30-40 minutes to complete.
- Reconstructs the hymen without leaving behind any scars
- The use of artificial hymen kits may irritate and infect the vagina. Hymenoplasty makes use of your own tissues, which is why it is much safer.
- Allows the patient to return home on the same day
- Quick and smooth recovery
- Negligible complication rates
Why choose Pristyn Care for hymen repair surgical treatment in Chennai?
Pristyn Care offers surgical solutions to patients with a patient-centric approach that guarantees long-lasting results. We want our patients to be on their way to living healthy as soon as possible. While undergoing hymen repair surgery at Pristyn Care, in Chennai you can avail the following benefits:
- Detailed and confidential consultation by experienced female gynecologists for all patients at all our clinics.
- Stringent Covid safety measures at all our clinics and hospitals.
- We provide Cab to pick up patients and drop them off at their doorstep free of cost on the surgery day.
- Our surgeons provide post-operative care for fast and easy recovery.
- Arranging for diagnostic tests at discounted rates from partnered diagnostic centers.
- Follow-up consultation offered free of any charge within a week of surgery.
- 100% transparency with patients in terms of financial and payment options.
How to book an appointment with Pristyn Care in Chennai for hymen repair surgery?
Booking an appointment with a gynecologist is quite easy. For booking an appointment, you can follow any of the following steps:
- Call on the above-mentioned number and speak to our medical assistant
- Fill the contact form that appears on your right-hand side.
- You can also avail online consultation and virtually discuss your health problem with our gynecologist
As you submit the form, one of our representatives will get back to you as early as possible to help you with a convenient appointment. Once your appointment is fixed, visit the doctor right on time for a detailed consultation.
How to prepare for hymenoplasty?
- Choose the right doctor: While hymenoplasty can be done by both- gynecologists and plastic surgeons, an OB-GYN with experience in cosmetic gyne surgeries is the safest choice.
- Carry age-proof: As an eligibility criteria, you are required to be at least 18+ years of age before undergoing hymenoplasty. This is why we suggest you carry your age proof along.
- Know your rights: You do not need approval from your partner/ parent in case of hymenoplasty or any cosmetic surgeries. Your own written consent is enough. (Provided, you are above 18 years of age. )
However, we encourage you to discuss your needs, and expectations thoroughly. This would help you make a better and informed decision.
- Discuss your current health and medications: We suggest you thoroughly discuss your health, current medications and supplements (if any) with your doctor. You might be required to stop taking some medications before the procedure, else they risk interfering with the healing.
- Keep a track: Keep a detailed track of your period cycle and go prepared on your last 3-4 menstrual dates and days of periods. This would help you plan the right time for the treatment. The best time to plan hymenoplasty is 2 days after your last period cycle.
What are the risks of hymenoplasty procedure?
When performed under safe medical conditions and by trained gynecologists, hymenoplasty is a typically safe and minimum risk surgery. However, as with any surgery, hymenoplasty too comes with a few risks of complications. These include-
- Prolonged bleeding
- Pelvic/ vaginal infection
- Anaesthetic complications
Please note that these complications are extremely rare and commonly treatable with minimally invasive surgery.
What are the different types of hymen?
Hymens come in a variety of shapes and sizes. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all hymen. There are five different types of hymen, according to medical classification:
- Normal – Commonly hymens have a crescent-shaped entrance
- Cribriform hymen – Hymen with numerous small apertures for menstrual blood to flow through.
- Imperforate hymen – Hymen with no opening.
- Micro perforated hymen – Hymen with a tiny aperture
- Septate hymens have a thin tissue band running through the middle.
Can virginity pills or hymen repair kits give a virginity effect?
No. In fact, you must refrain from such over-the-counter products as they may do more harm than good. Vagina, as you know, is a very delicate and sensitive organ. Inserting anything while the ingredients are not researched, may disturb its Ph balance and cause dryness. This would then risk tear or rupture during intercourse and itchiness and bacterial infection afterward.
If you seek a reconstructed hymen, hymen repair is the best, most common, and medically verified method. It is:
- Less than the 30-minute procedure
- Has no major risks/ complications
- Is undetectable after 1-2 months.
What kind of aftercare is required following a hymenoplasty procedure?
After your procedure, your doctor may recommend a few hours of monitoring. If there are no issues, you will be discharged within 2-3 hours and you will be able to return to work within 2-4 days.
Some post-care tips that may help you are:
- As you clean your vaginal area, do not wipe. Only gently pat dry.
- Keep the area clean and free of moisture.
- If you experience any itching or swelling as you heal, we suggest you use warm compresses and ice packs to relieve the discomfort.
- Avoid head shower or extended baths for atleast 2–3 days after.
- You must not have sex for at least 8 weeks after the procedure.
- As you bleed/ menstruate, use only soft sanitary pads. Do not use tampons/ anything penetrative in nature.
- Do not eat anything too spicy. It could trigger irritation and inflammation in your gastrointestinal pipe.
- Drink a lot of water. Keep yourself hydrated. It would help you heal.
- Eat meals with high fiber content. It will help make your bowel movements easier.
How to choose the best doctor for your hymenoplasty surgery?
We suggest you:
- Ask for a friend/ or your primary health care provider’s referral.
- Look for your doctor’s specific qualifications, accreditations, and specialized experience in hymenoplasty surgery.
- Read through the net and different patient reviews thoroughly. You could also confirm through third-party sites.
- Have a direct consultation with your doctor. See how patiently they listen, and understand your specific needs and requirements. The more clarity they bring to you on the surgery procedure, the better your doctor is.
What should I ask my doctor before undergoing hymenoplasty?
Some questions you should consider asking your doctor before hymenoplasty surgery are:
- What are your qualifications and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology?
- Are there any risks/ complications associated with hymenoplasty surgery?
- Does hymenoplasty affect my ability for childbirth?
- Are there any guidelines I should follow to prepare for a hymenoplasty procedure?
- How long would the recovery take?
- When can I resume my sex life after hymenoplasty surgery?
- How should I take care after the hymenoplasty procedure?
- When can I resume office after hymenoplasty surgery?
- What are the different payment options you have?