Why would I want vaginoplasty surgery?
During vaginal delivery of a baby, the vagina and its surrounding tissues may become overly stretched. After childbirth, the vagina usually returns to a regular state, but it may not go back to its pre-pregnancy state. Generally speaking, the more vaginal deliveries a female has, the worse the vaginal laxity (or looseness) might be. The vaginal walls can also stretch and may lose their elasticity with trauma or the natural occurrence of aging (or menopause). This can cause reduced sexual satisfaction, physical discomfort, stress urinary incontinence (SUI), etc. In some cases, the looseness in the vaginal walls can cause pelvic organ prolapse, in which the pelvic organs shift from their regular position and drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as vaginal vault prolapse and when this occurs, females can experience significant pain, painful sex and bladder and rectal incontinence.
It is not uncommon to experience sexual dysfunction, reduced sensations, pleasure and satisfaction during sex. Sometimes your male partner may notice such changes although they may not clearly mention them. Pelvic floor exercises or physical therapy and kegel exercises can be helpful in reducing such symptoms but not reliably successful in restoring tightness.
Vaginal reconstruction can be very helpful and beneficial for females who experience some sort of vaginal discomfort due to vaginal laxity, menopause or trauma caused during vaginal childbirth. The primary goal of vaginoplasty or vaginal reconstruction is to strengthen the vaginal walls to support the pelvic floor muscles and restore normal function to the vagina. Vaginoplasty can also be carried out to treat conditions such as stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.
Undergo a safe and successful vaginoplasty surgery in Chennai at Pristyn Care
Vaginoplasty surgery is carefully carried out to surgically tighten the vagina with the use of self dissolvable sutures and to help achieve tightness similar to the pre-pregnancy or pre-delivery times. At Pristyn Care, our surgeons work closely with females seeking vaginoplasty surgery for aesthetic, function or sexual reasons. The expertise and experience of our vaginoplasty specialists in Chennai gives patients the peace of mind and confidence that they can trust us with their most intimate concerns. Our gynecologists are qualified to diagnose problems such as vaginal laxity and damage due to childbirth, menopause or other individual factors and would then recommend the best procedure in order to restore the health and function of the vaginal to the highest level. To discuss more about the procedure and benefits of vaginoplasty for you, book your appointment with the most skilled gynaecologists in Chennai at Pristyn Care clinic.
Recovery after vaginoplasty
Following your vaginoplasty surgery, you can expect to take about a week off work and strenuous physical activity. You will also need to refrain from sexual intercourse or use of tampons or menstrual cups for about 4 to 6 weeks as the surgical incision heals. Reduced vaginal laxity and improved vaginal health can boost the female’s confidence more than one might expect. To explore the benefits of a vaginoplasty surgery, request a consultation with our expert gynecologists, by calling us or online.
How to make an appointment at the best gynecology clinic for vaginoplasty in Chennai?
Our skilled, certified, accredited gynecologists have a remarkable record of successfully performing vaginoplasty procedures in Chennai. To get relief from the problem of vaginal laxity and regain your vaginal health and sensations, book an appointment at Prsityn Care clinic for vaginal tightening in Chennai by calling our number or filling out the “Book Appointment” form. You can also make your appointment with our expert vaginoplasty experts by downloading our free mobile application that goes by the name “Pristyn Care”. The gynaecologist will let you help you attain maximum benefits from the procedure and set realistic expectations. You can also consult our gynecologist online from the comfort of your home by booking an online consultation.
How to prepare for vaginoplasty surgery?
Some key instructions as a part of pre-surgery preparations include,
- 1.Do not engage in any sexual intercourse or penetrative activity for at least a month before the surgery.
- 2.Disclose all your current health conditions and medication to your doctor. You might be recommended to halt a few for some time. Quit smoking and alcoholic beverages for at least 6-7 weeks before the scheduled surgery
- 3.Stop any solid intake 6-8 hours before your surgery. However, you may include fluids, including water, fresh juices, sports drinks, or clear broth/ tea.
- 4.Do not shave the surgical site yourself.
After-care post Vaginoplasty
Aftercare post Vaginoplasty is extremely essential. Some key points include-
- 1.Do not use tampons or menstrual cups until your vagina completely heals from the surgery (typically 6-8 weeks). Instead, use soft sanitary pads during menstruation.
- 2.Do not engage in sexual activities before a complete clearance from your gynecologist (typically eight weeks).
- 3.Do not use perfumed lotions, deodorants, soaps, or vaginal washes before eight weeks from the surgery. Use only clear water and make sure you keep the vagina clean and moisture-free.
- 4.Do not swim/ lift heavy weights/ physically exert yourself before complete clearance from your gynecologist.
- 5.Make sure you complete your full cycle of the prescribed medicinal course and follow all your post-care instructions very carefully. They should help you recover smoother and minimize the risk of post-surgery infection/ complications
- . 6.Keep yourself hydrated, and eat a well-balanced diet including fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, milk, and dry fruits to give your body its required source of proteins, calcium, and iron.
What are the possible risks after vaginoplasty?
When performed under safe conditions and by a specialized and medically experienced doctor, vaginoplasty is a safe and minimum risk surgery. However, if the post-care is not handled carefully, you may experience a few risks and complications, including-
- Bleeding from the scars
- Post-surgery infection
- Hematoma (collection of blood around the wound)
- Temporary numbness
This is why you must take your post-care seriously and follow all your prescribed instructions, medicines, and ointments.
What is better- vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, or vulvoplasty?
While all three surgeries- vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, and vulvoplasty are plastic surgeries of the vagina, they all vary in functions.
- Vaginoplasty is a surgery focused at repairing the entire vaginal site. It helps restore both- the urinary and sexual functions of the organ, while also redefining the aesthetics. As a result, it helps tighten, shape, smoothen, and rejuvenate the entire vaginal area, thus solving vaginal looseness, dryness, and urinary leakage.
- Labiaplasty is a surgery to reshape only the inner or outer labia. It is mainly done to solve the constant chafing, rashes, and pain around the labial region.
- Vulvoplasty is a surgery focused on repairing only the vulvar region. It thus shapes and repairs only the outer vaginal area, thus helping enhance sexual sensation, function, and sensitivity.
Since all three are different surgeries, performed for different needs and functions, which open is better for you depends entirely on your exact health condition, personal needs, and expectations. Therefore it is best you discuss this directly with a doctor and let you both decide this post a detailed understanding of your symptoms and physical examination.
How to choose the best doctor for your vaginoplasty surgery?
We suggest you:
- Search the net thoroughly and read through different patient reviews on google and third-party sites.
- Ask for a friend/ or your primary health care provider’s referral.
- Look for your doctor’s specific qualifications, accreditations, and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology.
- Consult directly with your doctor. See how patiently they listen to your specific question and detail their answers. The more clarity they bring to you on the surgery procedure, the better your doctor is.
What should I ask my doctor before undergoing vaginoplasty?
Some questions you should consider asking your doctor before vaginoplasty surgery are:
- What are your qualifications and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology?
- What is better for me- Vaginoplasty or Laser Vaginal Tightening?
- Are there any risks/ complications associated with vaginoplasty surgery?
- Does vaginoplasty affect my ability for childbirth?
- Are there any guidelines I should follow to prepare for a vaginoplasty procedure?
- How long would the recovery take?
- Have you ever encountered a special/ rare case? Could you describe how you dealt with it?
- When can I resume my sex life after vaginoplasty surgery?
- How should I take care after the vaginoplasty procedure?
- When can I resume office after vaginoplasty surgery?
- What are the different payment options you have?
Which factors should I consider before deciding the best hospital for vaginoplasty?
Some of the factors you should consider while choosing your hospital include:
- The hospital’s reputation and patient reviews on Google and third-party sites.
- How old is the gynecology/ cosmetic gynecology department in the selected hospital?
- List of operating gynecologists and their specialized experience and expertise.
- It’s distance from your residence.
- The hospital’s COVID safety protocols.
- Availability for private rooms and specialized care.
- Availability for 24*7 emergency care.
- Availability for flexible payment options