What questions can you ask your vaginoplasty doctor before the surgery?
Talking to your gynecologist is extremely crucial before undergoing any cosmetic vaginal surgery. Once you undergo the surgery, there is no going back. Here are a few things you can ask your vaginoplasty surgeon about and get yourself cleared.
- How long will I need to take off work if I have no complications?
- After how long can I resume driving and exercising?
- When can I be sexually active?
- Will the vaginoplasty surgery affect my vaginal sensation or hamper in achieving orgasm.
- What are the common and serious complications after vaginoplasty?
- How long does it take usually to completely heal after the surgery?
- How will I know if I have any internal scarring?
- Can I have a normal delivery after vaginoplasty?
These questions will help you get more insights on vaginoplasty and help you in making an informed decision.
How to prepare for vaginoplasty surgery?
How you prepare yourself before the surgery plays a great role in determining the impact of the surgery on your health.
- Take the best care of your overall health.
- Check with your doctor and if you have any chronic health conditions, try to manage them before the surgery.
- Check your body mass index (BMI). If you are overweight or underweight, try to achieve healthy body weight.If you are taking any painkillers or antidepressants, tell your doctor and ask if you need to stop taking those.
- Take the help of an aesthetic healthcare provider and get your genital hair removed. If you discuss with the doctor, the doctor will guide you with the necessary instructions.
- Stay active and healthy. This will help the body to cope up with the surgery.
- Quit tobacco or nicotine as early as possible, at least 3 months before surgery.
- Going through surgery can bring a myriad of emotions along with it. It is hence important to get yourself emotionally prepared.
- Expect mood swings due and mental confusion post-surgery.
- Arrange enough time off work, study, or other responsibilities. You will need a couple of months to get completely recovered.
Why choose Pristyn Care for vaginoplasty surgery in Mumbai?
- Experienced female surgeons for vaginoplasty – The vaginoplasty procedure is performed by specialists who have years of experience in the field. All our gynecologists working in Mumbai clinics and hospitals are highly trained to surgically tighten the vagina and guide you with every necessary tip throughout your post-surgery journey
- Completely safe procedure – The procedure of vaginoplasty is very safe to perform. After the completion of the surgery, the patient does not need to stay at the hospital for several days. The surgery does not have any major side effects. The patient needs to maintain proper hygiene and the recovery would be completely smooth.
- 100% confidential consultation – You can trust Pristyn Care for a 100% confidential consultation. Your identity, problems, and other aspects of the treatment will be kept completely private. Confidentiality is the core of our healthcare delivery.
How to book an appointment with Pristyn Care in Mumbai for vaginoplasty?
It is very easy to book an appointment with a Pristyn Care gynecologist in Mumbai. For booking an appointment, you can follow any of the following steps:
- Call on the above-mentioned number and speak to our medical assistant
- Fill the contact form that appears on your right-hand side.
As you submit the form, one of our representatives will get back to you as early as possible to help you with a convenient appointment. Once your appointment is fixed, visit the doctor right on time for a detailed consultation.
How to prepare for vaginoplasty surgery?
Some key instructions as a part of pre-surgery preparations include,
- Do not engage in any sexual intercourse or penetrative activity for at least a month before the surgery.
- Disclose all your current health conditions and medication to your doctor. You might be recommended to halt a few for some time. Quit smoking and alcoholic beverages for at least 6-7 weeks before the scheduled surgery
- Stop any solid intake 6-8 hours before your surgery. However, you may include fluids, including water, fresh juices, sports drinks, or clear broth/ tea.
- Do not shave the surgical site yourself.
After-care post Vaginoplasty
After-care post Vaginoplasty is extremely essential. Some key points include-
- Do not use tampons or menstrual cups until your vagina completely heals from the surgery (typically 6-8 weeks). Instead, use soft sanitary pads during menstruation.
- Do not engage in sexual activities before a complete clearance from your gynecologist (typically eight weeks).
- Do not use perfumed lotions, deodorants, soaps, or vaginal washes before eight weeks from the surgery. Use only clear water and make sure you keep the vagina clean and moisture-free.
- Do not swim/ lift heavy weights/ physically exert yourself before complete clearance from your gynecologist.
- Make sure you complete your full cycle of the prescribed medicinal course and follow all your post-care instructions very carefully. They should help you recover smoother and minimize the risk of post-surgery infection/ complications
- Keep yourself hydrated, and eat a well-balanced diet including fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, milk, and dry fruits to give your body its required source of proteins, calcium, and iron.
What are the possible risks after vaginoplasty?
When performed under safe conditions and by a specialized and medically experienced doctor, vaginoplasty is a safe and minimum risk surgery. However, if the post-care is not handled carefully, you may experience a few risks and complications, including-
- Bleeding from the scars
- Post-surgery infection
- Hematoma (collection of blood around the wound)
- Temporary numbness
This is why you must take your post-care seriously and follow all your prescribed instructions, medicines, and ointments.
What is better- vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, or vulvoplasty?
While all three surgeries- vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, and vulvoplasty are plastic surgeries of the vagina, they all vary in functions.
- Vaginoplasty is a surgery focused at repairing the entire vaginal site. It helps restore both- the urinary and sexual functions of the organ, while also redefining the aesthetics. As a result, it helps tighten, shape, smoothen, and rejuvenate the entire vaginal area, thus solving vaginal looseness, dryness, and urinary leakage.
- Labiaplasty is a surgery to reshape only the inner or outer labia. It is mainly done to solve the constant chafing, rashes, and pain around the labial region.
- Vulvoplasty is a surgery focused on repairing only the vulvar region. It thus shapes and repairs only the outer vaginal area, thus helping enhance sexual sensation, function, and sensitivity.
Since all three are different surgeries, performed for different needs and functions, which open is better for you depends entirely on your exact health condition, personal needs, and expectations. Therefore it is best you discuss this directly with a doctor and let you both decide this post a detailed understanding of your symptoms and physical examination.
How to choose the best doctor for your vaginoplasty surgery?
We suggest you:
- Search the net thoroughly and read through different patient reviews on google and third-party sites.
- Ask for a friend/ or your primary health care provider’s referral.
- Look for your doctor’s specific qualifications, accreditations, and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology.
- Consult directly with your doctor. See how patiently they listen to your specific question and detail their answers. The more clarity they bring to you on the surgery procedure, the better your doctor is.
What should I ask my doctor before undergoing vaginoplasty?
Some questions you should consider asking your doctor before vaginoplasty surgery are:
- What are your qualifications and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology?
- What is better for me- Vaginoplasty or Laser Vaginal Tightening?
- Are there any risks/ complications associated with vaginoplasty surgery?
- Does vaginoplasty affect my ability for childbirth?
- Are there any guidelines I should follow to prepare for a vaginoplasty procedure?
- How long would the recovery take?
- Have you ever encountered a special/ rare case? Could you describe how you dealt with it?
- When can I resume my sex life after vaginoplasty surgery?
- How should I take care after the vaginoplasty procedure?
- When can I resume office after vaginoplasty surgery?
- What are the different payment options you have?
Which factors should I consider before deciding the best hospital for vaginoplasty?
Some of the factors you should consider while choosing your hospital include:
- The hospital’s reputation and patient reviews on Google and third-party sites.
- How old is the gynecology/ cosmetic gynecology department in the selected hospital?
- List of operating gynecologists and their specialized experience and expertise.
- It’s distance from your residence.
- The hospital’s COVID safety protocols.
- Availability for private rooms and specialized care.
- Availability for 24*7 emergency care.
- Availability for flexible payment options