Meet experienced female gynecologists at Pristyn Care, Mumbai for confidential consultation and treatment for labiaplasty?
Pristyn Care healthcare professionals understand the importance of every patient’s privacy and hence are ethically obligated towards maintaining their confidentiality. At Pristyn Care, we maintain the highest order of privacy and confidentiality for any information related to our patient’s medical records and their personal details. Confidentiality is an integral part of healthcare at Pristyn Care. Pristyn Care believes confidentiality to be the cornerstone of every treatment, and when it comes to female healthcare, we understand how crucial privacy can be.
If you are suffering from enlarged labia issues, but are concerned about your privacy issues, you can Pristyn Care for the best confidential healthcare here. When you share your details with our medical coordinator either on-call or through the appointment booking form, you can be assured that your information is safe in our database. No person other than the authorized doctor and medical staff shall have access to your details. When you visit our clinic for consultation or our hospitals for surgery, we commit to protecting your privacy to the maximum. You can meet our expert gynecologists in Mumbai and undergo treatment under extreme confidentiality.
Why women in Mumbai are shifting towards Labiaplasty?
There is a globally trending shift towards cosmetic surgeries including labiaplasty. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, there were 12,756 labiaplasties performed in 2018. According to Globe Newswire, In 2016, the number of labiaplasty procedures performed increased by 45%, with the top ten countries performing labiaplasty procedures as follows:
- USA- 13,266
- Brazil – 23,155
- Russia – 8,774
- Spain – 6,894
- Germany – 6,877
- Turkey – 5,448
- Colombia – 4,087
- France – 3,905
- Mexico – 3,758
- India – 3,540
The scene is no different for women in Mumbai. Labiaplasty is growing to be a very important cosmetic surgery following liposuction, breast augmentation, and rhinoplasty. Females in Mumbai are drastically shifting towards getting labia repair surgery done because of the following reasons:
1. A change in grooming practices
In the words of David L Cangello, M.D., Plastic Surgeon, and Labiaplasty Specialist, “Labiaplasty ties into grooming trends where women want everything to be clean and neat and streamlined. It tends to be women who are into their appearance and also active.” The size, shape, and texture have a direct impact on the appearance of female genitalia, which is why more and more women are shifting towards advanced labia repair treatment.
2. Growing awareness of athleticism
Women are becoming extremely self-conscious about their peeking labia through the sides of their underwear. Most women want to feel comfortable and confident in their bathing suits or swimsuits. An elongated labia can make them feel physical discomfort and extremely low on confidence while walking, sitting, during sexual intercourse, and other such activities. Modern-day gynecology treatments have paved a new way of confidence for these women.
3. A beautiful genitalia is what every woman want
A distorted image of the labia is not something that a woman would want. Many women have no idea what normal genitalia is but for most of them, a good-looking and well-structured labia is of course a thing of beauty and confidence. A woman is bound to feel uncomfortable if their inner labia extend beyond the labia majora. The urge to have beautiful genitalia most often compels a woman to undergo labiaplasty.
Tops 5 benefits of labiaplasty surgery
Improved vaginal aesthetics – During labiaplasty, the size, color and texture, and all other aspects of the vaginal lips can be improved. Labiaplasty is the most common vaginal rejuvenation treatment that makes the vaginal walls neater, more aligned, and more visually appealing.
Higher sexual confidence – After labiaplasty, the vaginal lips become streamlined and it gets a new look. If multiple vaginal childbirths have affected your vaginal lips, this is the best cosmetic gynecology surgical treatment. The surgery not only enhances the vaginal look but also boosts a woman’s sexual confidence.
Improved hygiene – Uneven size and texture of the labia may create hygiene issues. If the vaginal lips are uneven in size, there are chances that bacteria might get trapped in the folds of the extra tissues which may later cause infection. Having the labia surgically reduced not only improves hygiene in the women but also prevents any potential risks of infections in the vagina.
Better comfort – If the vaginal walls are oversized, it becomes difficult for the woman to wear tight-fitting clothes and undergarments. There can be problems like rashes and itching. Through labiaplasty surgery, a woman can get these issues addressed and get comfortable vaginal lips.
No problems wearing undergarments or sportswear – After labiaplasty, most women report heightened comfortability in wearing undergarments and lingeries of all sorts. They also report reduced uncountability in wearing sportswear and feel an increased level of confidence with their own body.
How to book an appointment with the best Pristyn Care treatment center in Mumbai for labiaplasty?
Booking an appointment slot with a Pristyn Care doctor at any clinic for vaginal labia repair surgery is simple and hassl-free. If you want to get an expert consultation from a Pristyn Care gynecologist, you can book an appointment through any of the following methods:
Fill in the required details in the form on the right side and then submit it. Upon submitting the form, a medical coordinator from Pristyn Care will get in touch with you at the earliest.
You can also give us a call on the number provided and talk to our medical coordinators directly. The medical coordinator will confirm your preferences and then set up an appointment at your convenience.
You can also virtually connect with our gynecologists online and discuss your condition before you go for the surgery. Download the patient care app of Pristyn Care and book an appointment with a doctor of your choice. On the day of the appointment, go to the doctor’s clinic and discuss the problem openly.
How to prepare for Labiaplasty
A few things to follow before labiaplasty surgery are:
- Choose the right doctor. While cosmetic vaginal surgeries can be done by both- gynecologists and plastic surgeons, it is best if you do a thorough read on your health, discomfort, needs, and expectations. Based on the same, choose a doctor that best suits your needs. Typically, an Ob-gynecologist trained in cosmetic gynecology is the safest choice
- Discuss your current health, medication, vitamin, and supplements thoroughly with your doctor. In case you are on blood thinners, your doctor would ask you to stop taking them a few days before surgery. They are known to increase the risk of excessive bleeding.
- Doctors advise abstaining from sex for a month before the procedure.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything post-midnight before the surgery. It helps avoid any complications related to anesthesia.
- Take enough rest before the surgery so that the body is fully prepared for the procedure. Get at least 9 hours of sleep.
- Do not shave the surgical site yourself. A simple cut could risk unwanted infection and septic.
What are the possible risks/ side effects of Labiaplasty?
Risks or side effects are extremely rare with advancements in medical sciences. In fact, LASER labiaplasty reduces the risk of complications to less than 5%.
However, as with any surgery, your body takes some time to heal itself. Some of the possible side effects during this time include-
- Mild bleeding
- Temporary numbness
- Chronic dryness
- Decreased sensitivity around the vulva
- Mild discomfort during sexual intercourse in the initial days of the recovery
All these side effects and risks are easily manageable with the post-operative instructions prescribed by the doctor. However, if the itching, swelling or bleeding persists even after a week, please consult your gynecologist immediately. It could be a sign of a yeast or bacterial infection. It could also be an allergic reaction to a medication. In such a case, you would need added medications.
How to recover after Labiaplasty?
- Doctors advise the following tips to quickly recover after labiaplasty:
- Take complete bed rest for the first 24 hours.
- If the site itches, swells, or pains, use ice packs to relieve the discomfort.
- As you recover, do not wipe, only gently pat dry. Keep the surgical site free of moisture and dirt.
- Start gentle walking after one day of operation. It would help with blood circulation.
- For the first 24 hours, the patient is advised to complete bed rest.
- Wear only loose-fitting cotton fabric clothes to ensure that the vaginal area is breathable, ensuring no germs are collected.
- Do not use perfumed lotions, deodorants, soaps, or vaginal washes before six weeks from the surgery. Use only clear water and make sure you keep the vagina clean and moisture-free.
- Do not use tampons or menstrual cups until your vagina completely heals from the surgery (typically 5-6 weeks). Instead, use soft sanitary pads during menstruation. Drink a lot of water. Keep yourself hydrated. It would help you heal.
- Eat meals with high fiber content. It will help make your bowel movements easier.
- Do not swim/ lift heavy weights/ physically exert yourself before complete clearance from your gynecologist.
- Resume sexual activities only after getting confirmation from the doctor that it is entirely safe.