What are the preventive measures after a gynecology surgery?
After your gynecology surgery, your healthcare facility or gynecologist recommends several post-recovery tips and dietary restrictions to ensure a faster recovery. Some of the guideline/ precautions after gynecological surgeries include the following:
- Do not clean your surgical site aggressively. In case you have to clean the area around the incision, gently pat dry and keep the surgical site free of moisture.
- You must not bend or lift anything heavy for the next 1 month after the surgery. Excessive exertion can interfere with the healing process.
- Avoid spicy food as it can trigger irritation and inflame your gastrointestinal pipe.
- Stay hydrated and increase your fluid intake. Drinking a lot of water can help you heal.
- Consume high fibrous foods containing Eat meals with high fiber content. It helps ease bowel movements.
- Refrain from using any penetrative product like tampons after hysterectomy, vaginoplasty, or labiaplasty as they can hamper the recovery process. Doctors recommend using only soft sanitary pads for menstruation hygiene.
- Do not engage in sexual intercourse for at least 1-1.5 months post vaginal surgery.
Different surgical procedures done under gynaecology at Pristyn Care in Mumbai.
Pristyn Care is a full-stack healthcare service provider that is associated with some of the best hospitals and healthcare institutes in Mumbai. We provide comprehensive treatment for different gynecological disorders and diseases in Mumbai. Consult Pristyn Care for some of the major gynecology conditions, including the following:
- Abortion of unwanted pregnancy (6-20 weeks): surgical termination of pregnancy
- Abortion of unwanted pregnancy (0-5 weeks): medical termination of pregnancy
- Vaginal laxity/ loosened vagina: laser vaginal tightening + PRP treatment
- Vaginal dryness and foul smell: vaginal rejuvenation + PRP treatment
- Severe vaginal laxity/ vaginal prolapse: vaginoplasty
- Pregnancy care: vaginal and C-section delivery
- Ectopic pregnancy: dilation and cutter age
- Reconstruction of the hymen: hymenoplasty
- Miscarriage: dilation and cutter age
- Ovarian cyst: ovarian cystectomy
- Uterine prolapse: hysterectomy
- Female infertility: IUI and IVF
Where can I get the best treatment for gynecology problems in Mumbai?
Pristyn Care has some of the best gynecologists and obstetricians for major conditions and diseases related to gynecology. Or partnered hospitals and healthcare institutes facilitate advanced technology and state-of-the-art technology to ensure a very high success rate. Some of our partnered hospitals in Mumbai are -
- Kapadia Hospital
- SRV hospital
- Surana hospital
- Apex mulund
- AHLL spectra Chembur
- AHLL spectra Tardeo
- Parakh Hospital
- Powai Hospital
- Sukh Shanti Hospital
- SRV Chembur
- AHLL spectra Tardeo
- Chembur Hospital & ICCU
- Lifecare Hospital
- Apex borivali east
What is the difference between Gynecologists and Obstetricians?
Gynecologists are the doctors that specialize in the reproductive health of women. Gynecologists diagnose and treat issues related to reproductive organs (uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, etc.) all the way from a woman’s menarche till menopause. A gynecologist usually deals with the non-pregnancy related conditions like sexual problems, STI’s, vaginal conditions, fibroids, etc.
On the other hand, obstetricians are doctors that specialize in the pregnancy related aspects of women’s health. These issues stretch from preconception to gestational period to deliveries to neonatal care. Every issue related with pregnancies comes under the area of expertise of obstetricians. Pristyn Care houses both gynecologists and obstetricians in Mumbai who are quite experienced in their respective fields.
Common gynecological problems faced by women in Mumbai
Gynecological problems refer to medical conditions or disorders involving one or multiple parts of the female reproductive system. Following are some of the common gynecology problems faced by females in Mumbai-
- Menstruation problems - When periods take place for a long time and occur more frequently than the normal, one should visit a gynaecologist for a checkup.
- Pelvic pain - Females who experience pelvic pain during sex are advised to visit a specialist doctor. The gynecologist may perform a vaginal or pelvic exam, or recommend a laparoscopy or ultrasound to detect the symptoms of endometriosis or other problems.
- Endometriosis- Endometriosis is a gynecological problem in which a tissue similar to that in the uterine lining develops outside the uterine cavity as well. This can cause irritation, intense menstrual pain and fertility problems.
- Prolapse- The vaginal wall may become weak after one or multiple vaginal childbirths. This may cause the uterus or the bladder to prolapse, which may require surgery.
- Dysmenorrhea (intense menstrual cramps)- Cramping during periods is not much to worry about but unusually intense cramps (dysmenorrhea) can indicate towards underlying conditions like fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine or ovarian cysts, endometriosis, etc.
- Fibroids- Fibroids are benign growths that develop on the surface of the uterus. These often cause complications like o heavy periods and even infertility in extreme cases. The problem can be addressed with a less invasive surgery for uterine fibroids.
- Post-Menopausal Bleeding - Females who witness bleeding after menopause are recommended to undergo an ultrasound of the pelvis and a pelvic examination. After a diagnosis, the gynecologist will recommend a suitable treatment plan.
- Vaginal and vulvar problems - Problems in the vaginal and vulvar areas are commonly seen in many women, regardless of their age. If you are suffering from any problem affecting the vagina, vulva or labia, speak to our expert gynecologists to know the solution.
Why choose Pristyn Care for gynaecology treatment in Mumbai?
Pristyn Care is associated with some of the best hospitals and multi-specialty hospitals in Mumbai. We aim to ease the process of accessing all gynecological surgeries for every patient at affordable costs. Our gynaecologists are highly qualified to perform advanced surgeries with a success rate of over 95%. Advantages of choosing Pristyn Care for gynaecology surgeries are -
- Highly experienced gynaecologists- We have a team of highly experienced gynaecologists with years of experience in performing complex surgeries for aesthetic as well as medical reasons with a high success rate. In addition, we have both male and female gynecologists who are fully trained to perform complex procedures using the latest technology. Doctors at Pristyn Care offer comprehensive treatment to all our patients and guide them through the course of the procedure and make them aware of the certain risks involved.
- Personal Care Buddy- Pristyn Care has a unique concept of a ‘personal care buddy’ who is present with the patient on the day of the surgery. The care buddy handles all the paperwork and miscellaneous formalities from admission to the hospital till discharge.
- Insurance approval- Patients undergo several gynaecology procedures as a medical necessity to treat several conditions. In that case, some health insurance companies cover the entire cost of the procedure. We have a dedicated team at Pristyn Care who assists with the insurance approval for gynaecology surgeries within 30 minutes. However, the insurance approval depends on the type of your insurance policy and the terms and conditions set by the insurance provider.
- Flexible payment options- Pristyn Care offers various modes of payment for different surgeries at no cost EMI. In addition, we accept credit cards and cash payments for all the gynaecology procedures.
- Free pick-up and drop facility- Pristyn Care provides free cab services for pick-up and drop-off to each patient within the city on the day of surgery.
- Free follow-up consultation- Pristyn Care provides free follow-up consultation along with proper diet charts to all the patients after their surgery for a faster recovery.
- COVID-19 safe environment - Pristyn Care ensures proper sanitization of all the OTs and clinics before each surgery to curb the spread of the COVID. It is our top priority to maintain excellent hygiene and social distancing while providing a seamless patient experience.
Book an appointment with the gynecologist at Pristyn Care in Mumbai?
- You can fill out the patient form on our website www.pristyncare.com. Once your appointment form is submitted, our medical coordinators will reach out to you at the earliest and gather the necessary inputs from your end. An appointment with the nearest gynecologist will be fixed according to your schedule.
- You can also directly connect with our medical coordinators through the contact number on our website. The medical coordinator will listen to your query and connect you with the gynaecologist near your area and book an appointment consecutively.
- You can also book an appointment through our Pristyn Care app. Our team of medical coordinators will arrange an offline or online video consultation from doctors near your area, charging a nominal consultation fee.