Get Rid of Lipoma Permanently with the Help of Pristyn Care Surgeons in Mumbai
For the treatment of lipoma, Pristyn Care surgeons employ the liposuction technique which is safe and delivers effective results. The doctors pay extra attention to the lipoma to ensure that the fatty tissues are removed completely. If a small amount of tissue is left under the skin, it can increase the chances of recurrence. Hence, our doctors excise the lump carefully and treat lipoma so that it doesn’t return.
Along with our medical team, our non-medical staff also work round-the-clock to make the entire treatment hassle-free and comfortable for you. You get a dedicated care buddy too on the day of surgery to handle your personal needs and hospital-related formalities. From diagnosis to surgery, our representatives will assist you at every step for a seamless experience.
Why choose Pristyn Care for lipoma treatment in Mumbai
Whether you have a lipoma on your arm, neck, thigh, chest, or any other part of your body, it can be removed successfully by a skilled surgeon. But why should you choose Pristyn Care to undergo the lipoma excision procedure?
It’s because we provide comprehensive care to the patients and take care of all their needs in the most efficient manner. We provide the most advanced treatment for lipoma that offers the following benefits:
- Painless procedure
- Performed on an outpatient basis
- No prolonged hospitalization required
- Resume daily activities from the next day
- Faster recovery and a personalized recovery plan prescribed by our surgeons
- Minimal risks and complications of the surgery
Along with these benefits, you get advantages like undergoing surgery at the best hospitals of Mumbai, flexible payment options, finance options, cab service, free post-surgery follow-ups, etc. We are a patient-centric healthcare provider that focuses on the quality of care and the safety of the patients equally. You can rely on us for providing optimal care and get best-in-class treatment from our surgeons.
Book an Appointment with Expert Plastic Surgeons for Lipoma Removal
To book an appointment with our expert plastic surgeons, you can opt for any of the following methods:
- Fill the appointment form, submit it and our medical coordinators will get back to you to schedule the consultation with one of our doctors available near your location.
- Give us a call directly on the number given at the top and discuss the mode, time, and date of your consultation at your convenience.
- Download the Pristyn Care mobile application and explore the list of doctors available near you for consultation. Pick a doctor, date, and time of your choice, and schedule an appointment right away.
Different Types of Lipomas
Typically, all lipomas are composed of fat tissues. However, in some cases, the lump may consist of blood vessels and other tissues as well. Based on this, lipomas are classified into the following types:
- Angiolipoma- Contains fat and blood vessels and also causes pain.
- Conventional Lipoma- Contains white fat cells that store energy.
- Fibrolipoma- Consists of fat and fibrous tissue.
- Hibernoma- Consists of brown fat that are responsible for generating heat and helps to regulate body temperature.
- Myelolipoma- This type of lipoma contains fat and tissues that contain blood cells.
- Spindle Cell Lipoma- They have a spindle-like shape of the fat cells.
- Pleomorphic- This type of lipoma has fat cells of different shapes and sizes.
- Adenolipoma- New variant of superficial lipoma in which eccrine sweat glands are present with fatty tumors.
All these types of lipoma are non-cancerous. However, some of them may cause pain and discomfort due to the composition. Therefore, it is crucial that you get the lipoma diagnosed and get proper treatment for it.
What is lipomatosis?
Lipomatosis, also known as hereditary multiple lipomatosis, is a medical condition due to which multiple lipomas start to form in different parts of the body, such as the neck, head, shoulders, back, thigh, etc. This autosomal dominant condition is characterized by the appearance of symmetric lipomas, typically in the extremities and trunk region.
Lipomatosis is also associated with Gardner’s syndrome and Madelung’s disease. The treatment method for single lipoma and multiple lipomas is the same. The fatty lump is excised carefully and the patient is asked to take certain precautions to prevent the formation of these fatty lumps.
What are the side effects of lipoma removal surgery?
Though the lipoma removal procedure is safe and minimally invasive, there are still possibilities that you will experience some side effects from the surgery. The common side effects include:
- Bruising- Immediately after the surgery, there will be bruises around the site from where the fatty lump is removed.
- Swelling- The swelling in the region where the lump existed will be swollen for a week or so. The swelling will subside gradually as the wound heals.
- Infection- There is a possibility that the internal organs may come in contact with external contaminants and cause infection. Even the wound can get infected if it gets wet.
- Injury to the Nearby Structures- In some situations, it is possible that lipoma is present directly over an organ. Hence, during the surgery, the nerves, tissues, or the organ itself may get damaged during the procedure.
- Hematoma Formation- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is blood clot formation. If the wall of a blood vessel is injured during lipoma removal, blood clots may start to form outside the vessel into the surrounding tissue.
- Excessive Scarring- In rare instances, lipoma treatment may leave major scars on the body. It usually happens when the size of lipoma is big and its removal is difficult.
- Seroma- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is the collection of fluid, i.e., blood plasma and inflammatory fluid that is produced by the injured cells. Early or improper removal of stitches can also cause seroma sometimes.
Recovery Tips After Lipoma Surgery
Immediately after the surgery, you will be asked to take complete bed rest for at least 24 hours. The doctor will also prescribe some pain medicine and NSAIDs to reduce your pain, swelling, fever, and also minimize the chances of infection. Before discharge, the doctor will prepare a complete recovery guide that will include self-care tips, precautions, dos, and don’ts as well.
- Do not let the incisions get wet. Avoid taking baths or getting in hot tubs for at least 4 weeks.
- Wash the incision with soap and warm water. Dry the wound and put on new clean bandages. This will prevent the wound from getting infected.
- Apply ice over the wound for the next few days after surgery to reduce the swelling.
- Do not indulge in physical activities, especially lifting heavy weights as they can tear up the stitches.
- Avoid driving for the next few days until approved by the doctor.
- Eat a normal diet that consists of healthy and nutritious items, including fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
If you notice some signs of post-surgery complications, such as excessive bleeding from the wound, persistent swelling, nausea, vomiting, high fever, etc., contact your healthcare provider right away.
How to prevent lipomas?
Generally, lipoma prevention is not possible as it usually occurs due to inherited conditions. They are passed down in families through genes. Therefore, it is almost impossible to prevent them.
However, in one condition, you may be able to prevent lipomas from developing. This is applicable when lipomas are caused by Madelung’s disease. You can prevent the fatty lumps from growing by limiting your alcohol intake.
You can discuss other plausible methods to prevent lipomas with a lipoma specialist in Mumbai.