When should an ovarian cyst be removed?
In most cases, ovarian cysts are harmless, do not cause painful symptoms and usually go away by themselves. It is advised to monitor the cyst and associated symptoms (if any) until it disappears. However, if the ovarian cyst grows large enough (5 cm) or if you have many small cysts, they can begin to cause problems. Typically, a gynecologist or an OB-GYN would recommend surgery if-
- You are experiencing pain or other discomforting symptoms like bloating or heavy periods.
- There is a risk that the cyst or cysts could burst and it can be very painful.
- There is a chance that the cyst or growth could be cancerous. Though most ovarian cysts are benign (noncancerous), some growths can be caused due to ovarian cancer.
What to expect after laparoscopic ovarian cyst surgery?
Laparoscopic ovarian cyst removal is a less invasive surgical procedure and is done as keyhole surgery through 2 to 3 small incisions in the abdomen. A laparoscope with a camera on its end will be inserted through one of the incisions so that the surgeon can view and access the areas without making large incisions. The surgery will be performed under the influence of anaesthesia, so the patient will not feel any pain or discomfort. The surgeon will carefully examine and remove the cysts and the incisions will be then closed with sutures or surgical glue.
Signs of complication after ovarian cyst surgery
Watch out for the following signs and seek immediate medical attention if you experience-
- Severe pain that does not go away with pain medications
- Redness, swelling, or pus discharge from the incision site
- Vomiting or an upset stomach
- A fever higher than 33 degree Celsius
- Heavy bleeding from the incision
- Heavy vaginal bleeding or pain
When performed by a skilled and experienced surgeon, complications after a laparoscopic ovarian cyst surgery are rare. But, if you experience painful or uncomfortable symptoms, you should notify your gynecologist or surgeon right away.
Skilled and experienced doctors for ovarian cyst treatment in Mumbai
Pristyn Care is associated with some of the most experienced gynecologists and surgeons for ovarian cyst treatment in Mumbai. When you visit our clinic for ovarian cyst treatment, our gynecologists will carry out a detailed diagnosis and will then suggest the best suited treatment according to your condition, symptoms and severity of the condition. Our doctors and surgeons are experts in less invasive gynaecology procedures for ovarian cyst treatment such as laparoscopic ovarian cyst surgery. The surgeries performed by our gynecologists in Mumbai are absolutely safe and less invasive in nature.
If you are residing in Mumbai or nearby areas, you can meet the best gynecologists for successful ovarian cyst treatment in Mumbai at Pristyn Care clinic. Call us or drop your details in the “Book Appointment” form present alongside to make your appointment today!
Advantages of undergoing laparoscopic ovarian cyst surgery over open surgeryShorter hospital stay
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quick recovery
- Reduced bleeding and tissue handling during the surgery
- Minimising risk of scar-tissue (adhesion) formation after the surgery
- Better visualisation and access to the internal organs for the surgeon
- Less postoperative discomfort and pain
- Reduced risk of infection and thromboembolism (blood clot in the legs or lungs)
- Minimal scar after recovery.
- Faster return to office work and normal life
Why choose Pristyn Care for your ovarian cyst surgery in Mumbai?
- Advanced laparoscopy based cyst removal surgery
- USFDA approved technologies for surgeries
- Team of skilled and experienced specialists perform surgeries
- Associated with top super-speciality hospitals in Mumbai and other metropolitan cities
- Maintaining all the safety measures against COVID-19
- Dedicated Care Buddy assigned from Pristyn Care at the hospital
- Insurance approval in 30 minutes
- 100% privacy and confidentiality throughout the treatment
- Free pick and drop service on the day of the laparoscopic treatment
- Free first follow-up consultation with the doctor within a week after the treatment
- Our doctors provide a set of instructions along with a diet chart to ensure smooth recovery of the patient.
You can contact us to know more about the facilities and medical services Pristyn Care offers.
Schedule your consultation for ovarian cyst treatment in Mumbai
You can book an appointment at the clinic for ovarian cyst treatment in Mumbai by calling at our number or filling out the appointment form. You can also consult our gynecologist online from the comfort of your home by booking an online consultation. You can make your appointment with our expert gynecologists from the Pristyn Care mobile application, which is free and available to download both on android and iOS.