The expert gynecology doctor will evaluate if the patient is physically fit for the surgery or not. The gynecologist can ask certain questions such as medical history and other illnesses before proceeding with the diagnosis.. After that, the gynecologist may ask for a pelvic examination, pap smear, or conduct a thorough examination before proceeding with a hysterectomy. A patient may need to go through some tests for cancer.
- Cervical cytology (Pap test): To help detect the presence of abnormal cervical cells
- Endometrial biopsy: To help detect abnormal cells in the uterine lining
- Pelvic ultrasound: To see the size of uterine fibroids, endometrial polyps or ovarian cysts
The best and experienced surgeon in Mumbai will examine the patient for hysterectomy surgery. The removal of the uterus through the abdomen will be done by making a very small incision using the laparoscope. The modern and daycare treatment at Pristyn Care involves fewer cuts or incisions, no scarring, no pain, and a faster recovery. Pristyn Care’s gynecology experts perform two procedures for hysterectomy as per the need of patient which are listed below:
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy: This procedure involves the incision with a laparoscope and vaginal incision, excision of cervical tissues transvaginally.
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: The entire operation is performed using a laparoscope and afterward, a surgical specimen is removed via the vagina.