Risk factors that contribute to vaginal laxity can include-
- Aging and menopause- The natural occurrence of aging can lead to notable changes in the vagina. Vaginal laxity or looseness and reduced vaginal lubrication can occur with menopause in some females, commonly as a result of gradual weakening and atrophy of vaginal muscles and tissue over time.
- Multiple vaginal deliveries- Gynaecologists believe that having multiple vaginal deliveries can raise the chances of weakening of vaginal and pelvic floor muscles, vaginal fatigue and incomplete recovery of the vagina from a previous pregnancy.
- Trauma during vaginal childbirth or other activity- Damage to the pelvic floor muscles that surround the vagina and help to maintain its position and shape can occur as a result of trauma caused during childbirth, accident or any other activity. The female may require prompt surgery in such cases as she may also notice other symptoms such as painful sex, pelvic pain or general discomfort.
On an average, 20 percent of females complain of vaginal laxity and poor pelvic floor tone after childbirth or menopause. Discussing your symptoms and concerns with your gynecologist can help repair the damage with nonsurgical treatment options, which won’t be invasive or time consuming.
In a pain- free procedure which is completed in less than 30 minutes, you can regain your vaginal sensitivity, elasticity and health without any downtime from your daily life. To discuss more about the procedure and benefits of laser vaginal tightening for you, book your appointment with the most skilled gynaecologists in Mumbai at Pristyn Care clinic.
Are vaginal tightening creams or gels effective?
Vaginal tightening creams, gels or pills have not been proven successful in tightening the vaginal muscles or improving its elasticity. There does not appear to be any clinical data to back up the benefits of vaginal tightening creams or pills. Non-prescription creams and pills for vaginal tightening are not medical products prescribed by doctors and are not held to the same benefits or efficacy standards as the medical treatment suggested by a doctor.
It is a matter of concern that many of these products for vaginal tightening may also pose a serious safety concern, and may cause vaginal irritation, infections, or an allergic reaction. Many vaginal tightening products claim to improve vaginal laxity without causing side effects. In general, gynaecologists, who are specialists when it comes to vaginal health and its treatments, always say that such products should be avoided. Our gynaecologists have diagnosed and treated many women from Mumbai who had side-effects due to the use of vaginal tightening creams or other products. If you feel compelled by the claims, please discuss them with our gynecologist before trying them out.
How to make an appointment at the best gynecology clinic for vaginal tightening by laser in Mumbai?
Our skilled, certified, accredited gynecologists have a remarkable record of successfully performing laser vaginal tightening procedures in Mumbai. To get relief from the problem of vaginal laxity and regain your vaginal health and sensations, book an appointment at Prsityn Care clinic for laser vaginal tightening in Mumbai by calling our number or filling out the “Book Appointment” form. You can also make your appointment with our expert cosmetic gynecologists by downloading our free mobile application that goes by the name “Pristyn Care”. The gynaecologist will let you help you attain maximum benefits from the procedure and set realistic expectations. You can also consult our gynecologist online from the comfort of your home by booking an online consultation.
What is better- laser vaginal tightening or vaginoplasty?
Both laser vaginal tightening and vaginoplasty are great solutions to tighten a loosened vagina. However, what is particularly better for you depends on your specific needs and the severity of your laxity. Typically, laser vaginal tightening is a great, quick, and bladeless solution for women whose laxity is only mild-moderate. However, in cases of extreme vaginal laxity or pelvic organ prolapse, vaginoplasty may come across as a better treatment.
Some other key points that might help you choose your treatment options right are:
- Laser vaginal Tightening is done through laser while vaginoplasty is done through a surgical procedure.
- Laser Vaginal Tightening is bladeless and painless, whereas vaginoplasty includes stitches and hence is performed under anesthesia.
- Laser Vaginal Tightening requires more than 1 sitting, that is- 1-2 or 3-4 depending on the severity of your vaginal laxity. Whereas, vaginoplasty is a one-time procedure under the 60-minute procedure.
- Laser Vaginal Tightening requires sexual abstinence of just 2-3 days whereas, vaginoplasty mandates that you do not have sex for at least the next 1-1.5 months.
- Laser Vaginal Tightening has no downtime. You can join work right after. Whereas, vaginoplasty needs recovery time of at least 2 weeks.
How to prepare for laser vaginal tightening?
- Choose the right doctor: While cosmetic vaginal surgeries can be done by both- gynecologists and plastic surgeons, it is best you do a thorough read on your health, discomfort, needs, and expectations. Based on the same, choose a doctor that best suits your needs. Typically, an Ob-gynecologist trained in cosmetic gynecology is the safest choice
- Carry medical records: Go prepared with your prior medical records, and a list of your current medications and supplements (if any). This would help your doctor understand you and your health in the exact specifics and recommend the best treatment.
- Keep a track: Keep a detailed track of your period cycle and go prepared on your last 3-4 menstrual dates and days of periods. This would help you plan the right time for the treatment.
- Know your rights: You do not need approval from your partner/ parent in case of cosmetic surgeries. Your own written consent is enough as long as you are above 18 years of age. However, we encourage you to discuss your needs, and expectations thoroughly. This would help you make a better and informed decision.
- Carry age-proof: As an eligibility criteria, you are required to be at least 18+ years of age before undergoing a cosmetic procedure. So it is best you carry your age proof along.
Care Tips after laser vaginal tightening:
A general recovery guideline for care after laser vaginal tightening includes:
- As you clean your vaginal site, do not wipe, only gently pat dry, and keep the surgical site free of moisture.
- As you bleed/ menstruate, use only soft sanitary pads. Do not use tampons/ anything penetrative in nature.
- Wait for at least 2 days before resuming your sexual life.
- Drink a lot of water. Keep yourself hydrated. It would help you heal.
- Eat meals with high fiber content. It will help make your bowel movements easier.