How to promote healing after a hip replacement procedure at home?
Patients are usually discharged in 1-3 days after hip replacement. After being discharged, you can do the following to promote healing at home:
- Use an assistive walking device such as a cane, walker, etc.
- Rearrange your furniture to make it more maneuverable via walking aids.
- Place your frequently used items such as phone, remote controls, etc., in easy reach.
- Remove any rugs or mats near you that can make you slip.
- Use a comfortable, low, soft-cushioned chair for sitting.
- Refurbish your bathroom with assistive devices such as shower chairs, raised toilet seats, etc., to avoid bending too much.
- Keep the surgical area clean and dry. Make sure the bandage does not get wet.
- Wear compression stockings to help reduce swelling.
- Keep up-to-date on your medications.
- Alter your diet to include more vitamins, minerals, and fluids to make it healthier.
Best minimally invasive hip replacement treatment in Mumbai at Pristyn Care
Pristyn Care provides safe and affordable hip bone replacement treatment in Mumbai. In order to ensure maximum care and comfort for all our patients, we provide certain facilities such as:
- Treatment from the best hip specialists in Mumbai
- Dedicated care coordinator that helps patients with documentation for hospital admission and insurance claim
- Free meal and cab facility on the day of the surgery
- 30% of on diagnostic tests
- Free follow-up and physiotherapy
You can easily book an appointment and chat with our care coordinators to find out more about healthcare facilities, treatment protocols, and other benefits you can receive at Pristyn Care. Book an appointment today.
Signs you need a hip replacement
Living with constant hip pain, especially due to hip osteoarthritis or other bone disorders, can be very difficult. If you are noticing any of the following signs in your daily life, then you may need a hip replacement surgery:
- You are suffering from chronic and significant pain in the hip region that cannot be managed with over-the-counter medications and is hindering you from walking on your own.
- You are experiencing trouble in performing routine activities like walking short distances, standing on one leg, bending down, etc.
- You have severe stiffness in the hip joint.
- Conservative treatments such as physical therapy, steroids, etc., are not providing relief anymore.
- You have a chronic orthopedic disorder such as osteoarthritis (hip OA), osteoporosis, etc.
- Your joint pain is affecting your psychological health
- Prolonged use of pain medication is causing side effects in your body
- Other less invasive treatments you’ve tried in the past are not helping
How to book an appointment with the best hip doctor in Mumbai?
You can book an appointment at Pristyn Care through:
- Fill in the “Book an Appointment” form on the website.
- Call our helpline number.
- Download our dedicated Pristyn Care app.
Our care coordinators will promptly reach out to you and confirm an appointment for you based on your location, symptoms, and convenience.